+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

One of the things that REALLY had me cracking up was when the Manzo boys and Greg got commode-hugging drunk on last weekend's ep.

When I saw that, I couldn't HELP but flash back to Caroline's comment about "children of privilege" when she was connecting whichever son of hers it was to Alexa Ray Joel (meaning, of course, that HER son and ARJ were the "children of privilege" in question!).

If THAT'S how a "child of privilege" behaves on national TV, if I happened to be the mom of said ADULT child in question, I think I'd be breaking a nail dialing up a lawyer to see exactly how quick, fast and in a hurry I could legally disown said child for time and all eternity!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    If THAT'S how a "child of privilege" behaves on national TV, if I happened to be the mom of said ADULT child in question, I think I'd be breaking a nail dialing up a lawyer to see exactly how quick, fast and in a hurry I could legally disown said child for time and all eternity!

But, ness, your kids wouldn't act that way! Without even knowing you well, I could say that for sure and that goes for most of the posters here.

Caroline (and others on this show in time) teach their children how to act....and it's pretty obvious that these mothers DON'T teach their children well. The phrase Children of Privilege should be changed to just plain Spoiled Children. I find all of Caroline's children to be spoiled an rude.
    The scenes with the boys acting like high school kids. Just amazing how they acted like kids let out of boarding school and suddenly free to act stupid. I understand high school-ers acting that way but they should be passed that by now. It was truly disgusting with all their bodily functions on plain view. I would have loved Chris to have really told them to grow up....why would he tolerate this when he has invested so much into the venture to help them?
    They're all gross...women, men and children.....
    Again, I ask myself Why do I watch this??? Probably for the same reason that people went to Barnum and Bailey's circus side shows! Don't see this stuff in regular life...thank goodness.
    Punkin and PA Snow Bunny like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Chris, I'm sure, remembers the days when HE was acting like this; that just happens to be behind him now as, one day (we hope), will the Manzo boys (blech!).

We all love our children, I hope, but we are all willing to accept different behaviors from them. Caroline's boys are NOT precious to me, but they are to HER.....and I guess that's OK. My son woud not, necessarily, be precious to her, and that's OK with me. We don't need her approval, nor does she need mine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I loved watching how Greg treated Patti with such respect and deference. I'm a big Patti fan too.

For some reason I thought blk. was just the same old fake spring water but put in a black bottle. I had no clue it was actually BLACK water in a clear bottle. My cluelessness was because who on earth would think black, murky water was a good idea? I would love to know what convinced these Manzos and company that this was a winner? What in the heck do they color it with? Call me gobsmacked!

And how can the Blackstone sauce be any better than the thousands of other sauces out there? Overpriced much? I make a couple of gallons of my own sauce using the Princess Cruise Lines recipe and can it in Mason jars to have ready when I need it. Using carrots, celery, onions, garlic, tomatoes, basil, wine and spices it costs me about $2.00 a half-quart. When you are making it in such huge batches as Blackstone it's probably half that cost. I think people would only buy it because of it's connection to the show. Propably it's not even half as good as served fresh in the restaurant.

Every grown man in this show except Chris and Caroline's husband is a pig. I've known traditional Italians and they do not act like pigs in heat. They respect the women in their lives.

What did Jacqueline mean when she explained that hubby Chris used to have a garment business but was "forced" into Bankruptcy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Certainly these 2 are not representative of all of New Jersey, but having lived there for many years, their behavior is not abnormal. Perhaps not the norm, but not abnormal.
    LOL, exactly where did you see this?

I live in NJ and thankfully have never seen that type of behaviour in public at all, and let me tell you, I've seen plenty. If it is done in private, I don't care, not my business...but I will say, the men on this show, with the exception of Chris Laurita and Al Manzo, are certifiable pigs.

Okay...BLK is black due to the fluvic minerals in it. It does taste like normal water but your brain has to grasp the fact you are not drinking raw sewage. It looks like black coffee or coke but zero taste. Who can say for certain fluvic minerals are in the water or if it is just plain tap water with black dye. (I only know about the minerals because I have an old bottle next to my desk I use to water my plants).

Rewind a bit....several years ago I bought BLK Water from Wegmans Grocery Store. This was pre-Laurita/Manzo involvement. This was in a black glass bottle. I believe at that time it was $4 a bottle. It was nothing special & I never bought it again.
    FastForward...I guess whoever thought of BLK Water thought it would be a great move to involve the Laurita/Manzo crew given their popularity on RHWNJ & the success that Bethenny has had so it would make logical sense for them to hitch their wagon to this crew(in their opinion I guess). The original partners in BLK Water never applied for a patent for this product. They go in with the NJ group lo & behold Chris Manzo runs to the patent office claiming this was his invention and basically cut the original BLK group out and changed the bottle to a clear plastic. Chris mentioned their product was in Wegmans. That is BEACUSE the original BLK had a contract with Wegmans. Dolt didn't do a dang thing to get into Wegmans.
    I think there is pending litigation over this but I don't have time today to search for this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I would pronouce BLK "blech." If I really wanted to ingest fulvic acid, I'd take it in pill form - with my clear, natural, spring water.
    OceanView likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    your brain has to grasp the fact you are not drinking raw sewage.
    This is why the product will never take off.
    Punkin and OceanView like this.

+ Reply to Thread