+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Apologies for double posting, but I had to comment on this last episode, which I think was my favorite RHNJ episode in a long, long time! So much fun, at least in the segments where Teresa was not involved!

Loved Greg's surprise birthday party and what a blast they were all having. Albie's new girlfriend seems to be very sweet and humble. Hope that actually turns out to be the case, and that Lauren won't give her too hard a time. (By the way, Caroline and Lauren were on Bethenny's talk show and Lauren has now lost 50 pounds and looks slender and GORGEOUS!!!)

Gia is very b*tchy and moody, but she's a great little dancer. That girl's got moves!!! I can see her being a real celebrity. SNAP! On the other hand, Melania is a nasty little piece of work, and I don't know about her at all. I agree with you, Newsboi, she's headed to juvie if she doesn't change her ways.

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie!!! She warms my heart. I'm so glad she's taking a more prominent role on the show, and you just can't help but wish her well.

Punkin & imperfect1 - y,alls are what I love about FORT, we say it and mean it and change it and think it through and learn from others and ruminate about the Human Condition.

As for myself, I am über critical of most Bravolebrities, see their personalities all around me, cannot help but notice the RHs ask for it, willingly stage themselves up for scrutiny. Life is a curve for sure.

Love your posts - everyone, U keep me thinking.
    norealityhere likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    And I don't think "went to" is the same thing as "graduated from," either. Just because she didn't get through 4 years, it's not a lie to say she "attended" a certain college.

Usually "went to" doesn't bother me, but coming them it is grating. I worked hard for my degrees, and to have that so nearly equated to pretend accomplishments of these heathens, well that sucks. Luvagawd, Teresa doesn't know how to pronounce very common words & the Gorga uses improper grammar frequently. Geez, you could take one class, withdraw w/o credit, and say you "attended".
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Teresa Giudice ...was born in Paterson, New Jersey to Italian-American immigrants. She briefly attended Berkeley College as a Fashion Marketing and Management major, but she did not graduate. After college, she worked in the fashion industry in New York. She is married to Joe Giudice, "an entrepreneur" also from Paterson. They have three daughters: Gia, Gabriella, and Milania, and are expecting a fourth child in September 2009. Teresa manages her daughter Gia's acting and modeling career, in addition to serving as a committee member for her The Real Housewives of New Jersey co-star Dina Manzo's Project Ladybug.

Teresa Giudice 's Trailer, Reviews, News, Cast & Discussions - person - SideReel

Other sites (where she or her press agent have provided a bio) list her as receiving a degree from Berkeley College.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I've notice frequently throughout my life, that quite a few people use the phrase 'went to' such-and-such a school when they were trying to fudge people into thinking they graduated, when they actually didn't. Lying by omission.

I've always used the phrase - went to - my particular college.
    Everyone I know uses that phrase, as well, and all have graduated from a particular school.

On another note, Joe Gorga and Rich Wakile are 2 of the skeeviest (for lack of a better word) men ever. Their comments and the way they talk to / act with their wives makes me want to take a long hot shower. Creepy..........
    OceanView likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Everyone I know uses that phrase, as well, and all have graduated from a particular school.

On another note, Joe Gorga and Rich Wakile are 2 of the skeeviest (for lack of a better word) men ever. Their comments and the way they talk to / act with their wives makes me want to take a long hot shower. Creepy..........
    I sure agree with all you've written here.
    I too have always used "went to" rather than "graduated from" which I think would sound a little pretentious....but it does bother me also that so many lie.
    About the skeevy men: never really liked Joe Gorga. Typical little man behavior in an obnoxious hot-headed Italian way....I say that from personal experience from having some of those in my all-Italian extended family ...not an uncommon behavior.
    In the beginning, I liked Rich Wakile but the more I see, the more I think he's truly gross way beyond average "skeevy-ism !"
    And what's up w/the two of them always doing personal things to each other, when drunk?? like this last time when one of them grabbed the crotch of the other.....I've tried hard to erase it from my mind so that's why the details are no longer with me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With as hard as I worked to complete college and attain my degrees....I use the term "graduated from" very proudly!!! I guess we all make our choices, and it's not my issue that somebody else may have decided not to. I don't go on and on about it, but I will not "hide my light under a bushel". I don't "do" guilt. (Plus, it was one of the BEST times in my life!! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dear Bravo (Andy),
    I really have no interest at all in watching anyone on any Housewives series make intimate remarks to, or sexual moves upon their significant other. In fact, it brings me one step closer to forgetting your channel altogether. It's not cute, sexy, popular, or anything other than repulsive. I remember when a couple would go into the bedroom and we would see the door close and that was it. if you chose to dwell, you could let your imagination take it from there, or you could chose to go on with life and not worry about it.

Also, crotch shots must cease and desist. (or cyst and deceased).

Thank you.
    Punkin, ness, GabbyG and 3 others like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post

Certainly these 2 are not representative of all of New Jersey, but having lived there for many years, their behavior is not abnormal. Perhaps not the norm, but not abnormal.

+ Reply to Thread