+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2526Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think the therapist was fine and he basically gave up....he could have kept them coming back just to get $$....I got the impression that he realized that it was hopeless because they wouldn't listen to his advice...mostly Teresa. He was so right about what they should do/not do and Teresa completely ignored it...her way or the highway....and she hasn't a clue about who she really is....like saying she doesn't hold grudges!! hahahahaha
    I think it was nothing more than damage control by the producers. Once therapy was mentioned in the first place and many were dissing it... and saying how Italians don't believe in it... and Joey against it.... they probably got bombarded with letters from families and the health professionals wanting them to retract in any way they could. Hence the one time therapy session. It was so fakey.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Let's not forget the nose jobs.
    Thanks...I had totally forgotten that. Who pays for all this stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    It may be too late, but I'm hoping that "gifting" doesn't replace the perfectly good "giving" as the verb of choice.
    I'm hoping not also...I've only heard it used regarding legal/tax matters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't hear Rosie complaining about her compadres attention, and I know that she is perfectly capable. I take it she will speak up when she feels it's time....if ever. Of course, they will get bored with the "game" before then.
    I disagree.....Rosie is a bundle of insecurities and at this time, may not be able to stop this attention. She plays the tough broad on the outside but she's a big ol' softie and I think she'd have a very difficult time going against her family. She's also still not that confident/comfortable about her sexuality.
    In time, she'll be fine about these things but IMO, her family and Bravo are getting mileage out of her situation and it irritates me. I really like Rosie...come to think of it, she's probably the only one I like.
    Prism and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

I disagree.....Rosie is a bundle of insecurities and at this time, may not be able to stop this attention. She plays the tough broad on the outside but she's a big ol' softie and I think she'd have a very difficult time going against her family. She's also still not that confident/comfortable about her sexuality.
    In time, she'll be fine about these things but IMO, her family and Bravo are getting mileage out of her situation and it irritates me. I really like Rosie...come to think of it, she's probably the only one I like.
    It's painful watching Rosie being tormented. My guess is that she's stuffing it... remember, she cried when she told Kathy's teenagers she's gay. Rosie is not exactly a big tough gal bashing and barging her way through life. Just a guess, but I think she's taking one for the team - family team that is. She probably sees it as her duty to take a ribbing on camera, get some face time on Bravo for the family, don't let Teresa take over every single episode, be a good sport so everyone will be nice to her instead of ostracizing her. If Rosie came across as a an emotional army tank, I'd think otherwise, but she's taking this with far too much good humor.
    Last edited by Prism; 07-05-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Rosie strikes me as emotionally, socially (and maybe even developmentally) delayed. She's immature, in her 30 's, and living with her mom (possibly unemployed?). The fact that she is just beginning to be interested in dating doesn't surprise me, at all. Hers might be the only true storyline Bravo is offering us this season.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Just a question here and maybe Poppy can address this. It sounds like Joe Guidice has opted for a trial in the drivers license scam. Perhaps it's his way of putting off the inevitable jail time. Do you think a jury would be sympathetic to this ass clown? Maybe letting him walk?

Good attorneys can create doubt in a juror's mind. They can throw in a few red herrings and you only need one juror to bite for a hung jury and a mistrial. I'd really like to see him go away for a substantial time (6 mos.?) and let Teresa realize he doesn't know everything, after all. I don't know if that would help her at this point, she may be too far gone, but the look on her face every time he lays down the Law is scary. It's the only time you can get her to shut her mouth.
    mom2 and Poppy Fields like this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

He was due back in court on 6/27 to report on plea bargain status. I don't know if that happened, if they entered a plea bargain prior to that, or if the jutdge granted another extension. Neither side is discussing it.

It's possible that a plea was entered and that the details won't be publicized. It's possible that a trial date was set and it's not yet on the docket. Since neither side is discussing this and no trial date has been announced, I'm inclined to think they did work out a plea or will be entering one soon.

It's certainly possible that a jury could fail to convict Joe if they believe his version of the facts. You just never know.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-06-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Thanks Poppy!

Just re-reading some of these latter posts, it made me think that Rosie really is the object of "soft" bullying. Sure, they truly think they're being nice and helpful regarding her "love life" but in reality, it's not nice. To me, it's the hidden subtle bullying and that can have it's effect on others.
    I really like Rosie and am so uncomfortable when I watch what her family and Bravo are doing with her story. She's being used because she's so topical right now.
    And it's not right.
    Am stopping now because the more I write, the angrier I get.
    Prism and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fogey

Dragonlady, I read your post, thought about it, and then came back to read it again. I can't decide if I agree with you or not. I think that RHoNJ has included quite a few gay storylines this season. They've had Caroline's brother's wedding, Rosie with her dating adventures and coming out to her niece and nephew, along with the adventures of Chris and Albie's roommate, including his birthday party last night. I guess I can see how those things could be seen as being included because they are topical. On the other hand, each of those things is an aspect of the lives of "characters" on the show. If they left them out, wouldn't that also be a negative reflection. To have that many storylines this season that incorporate gay "stories" I think that there was likely a deliberate decision to include these things. But when you consider the inclusion of ALL the stories - along with the knowledge that a few seasons ago, it was Teresa's husband making some comments that were offensive to many gay people (and led to Andy Cohen outing himself in the reunion show) I think the intention is to show the contrast rather than to treat Rosie or anyone else as any sort of circus side show.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread