+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3445Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

As far as postpartum hormones go, nope, never been there done that. Menopausal, yep. And from THAT standpoint alone, I can truly tell anybody that being on the meno hormone roller coaster is no fun. From THAT standpoint, alone, I can personally be a witness to the fact that actually punching someone (Nope, never gone quite THAT far, but did come close, once!), taking minor, petty situations out of context and striking out at anybody you feel is a tormentor (whether they actually ARE, or not) through stirring up crap, name-calling, etc., is NOT out of the realm of possibility. I've had people laugh in my face and/or call me a liar when I try to nicely tell them I'm not in a good place at a certain time, because my hormones have driven/are driving me crazy (before I go completely postal on 'em).

Don't like it, it absolutely is NOT an excuse for poor behavior, but it's a fact, it's ugly, and there it is.

And as for postpartum depression? Anybody remember from a few years back that woman that suffered from severe postpartum depression to the point that she killed all five of her children?

Hormones. Postpartum OR menopausal. Ugly.

Just, UGLY.

shay, until you brought it up just now, I thought I was the only one who took note of Juicy's: "The only one you need is ME!" pronouncement. I actually kind of got chills when he said that, because from everything I could ever remember seeing, hearing, or reading, that is a serious, serious red flag of someone who has abusive personality traits.

I'm no psychiatrist or psychologist, but I'm beginning to suspect that Juicy needs therapy/counseling just as badly --- more, actually --- as Teresa does.

And, yeah, Teresa stood up to Juicy and said she would go to counseling with her brother, but is it just me, or did anybody else read it like she was scared to even broach the subject with him, in the first place? That's what I felt; that she told him, but it wasn't like she was TELLING him what she was going to do, if you can get what I'm not saying so well, right now.

I'm kind of starting to think that sooner, or later, things are going to completely blow up in the Guidice household. Frankly, I hope the show is off the air by then, so we won't see it, because, Lord knows, we will surely hear about it, anyway.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

ness, I think you are right about the Giudices. That mess is a ticking time bomb and the best thing that could happen to Teresa is for Joe to be sentenced to about 5 years. She'll get some perspective on life if he does.

And as to hormones influencing behavior, I can attest to the fact that they alter it. I went on HRT 2 years into menopause basically to save my family and professional life, Best decision I ever made. I stayed on it for 10 years, and don't regret a second of it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Yep, totally agree that without our hormones in balance, we can be hell-on-wheels....I had a hysterectomy many, many years ago and went into instant menopause. I tried pharmaceutical HRT then evolved into Bio-Identical hormones...and will probably be on them for a long time because I believe they're safer.
    Had an appointment just today with a new doctor, having donated 9 vials of blood for testing 2 weeks ago. Found out I was totally depleted of estrogen.....knew I was feeling "off" but previous doctor (big quack and why I needed a new one) had me on a very very low supplement, among other issues he had.

But so far, I haven't harmed/maimed/killed anyone....
    I remember PMS and I've had fluctuations in hormones for 20 years now. Out of balance hormones can make you feel like you would really really like to do serious harm to someone but I honestly think we also have control of our actions.
    Maybe I'm just a cranky old lady who sees too much of people not taking responsibility for their bad behavior and always using something as an excuse and it annoys me a lot.
    This darn younger generation!!
    norealityhere likes this.

I went on HRT & got breast cancer.

You ladies are still watching this hot mess? I gave up weeks ago. My eardrums could no longer tolerate Teresa's shrill shreik.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I feel cranky/crazy, I just isolate myself....luckily, I am a divorced woman! I could not go on HRT because of a clot history caused by transdermal homone patches. My mood swings are not bad, though. Got my hot flashes under control with ACV, and I've been pretty good ever since. I've never been one to want to be around people when I'm not feeling good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My two cents here in the Danielle Staub discussion. I tried to think what dangerous things we actually saw her do. Seething anger mostly.

But what bothered me about her was that she was so comfortable with lowlife and mean life.... her history and friends with their guns and knives; she knows all about prison, drug history, being arrested, going to trial for criminal acts; then hiring armed thugs to follow her to a party and being totally comfortable with their take 'em out 'n kill 'em attitudes. That, combined with her malevolent body language, facial expressions, words, and aggressive action, well, that is pretty scary actually.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think she is really trashy, no question about it. And with a criminal record in her distant past. But she did not hire gun-toting thugs. That was Bravo. And they were a few losers looking for a reality tv gig, not actual thugs. Once had done prison time, a former celebrity or politician of some kind? I forget. A wannabe wise guy who has zero credibility. He seemed pretty puny to be a bodyguard.

The odd thing about her, though, is that her kids were the most likeable ones on the show. Normal, respectful, church going, and academic high achievers.

Her personality, abrasiveness, stupidity, and obsession with gossip would make her an unpleasant person to be around, in my opinion. But not dangerous. Then again, the same would be true for all of the RHoNJ "housewives." They all seem to enjoy conflict, gossiping, and back stabbing.
    GabbyG likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Teresa went to a vocational college to study "fashion". The name of the college is Berkeley. This is not to be confused with University of California, Berkeley. I am almost positive that she wouldn't even be able to complete the application for UC Berkeley. I'm not quite sure if this qualifies her as being college educated.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Teresa went to a vocational college to study "fashion". The name of the college is Berkeley. This is not to be confused with University of California, Berkeley. I am almost positive that she wouldn't even be able to complete the application for UC Berkeley. I'm not quite sure if this qualifies her as being college educated.
    Thank you for that info....and the laugh about filling out her application!
    NOW that makes it more believable.
    Prism likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I'm no psychiatrist or psychologist, but I'm beginning to suspect that Juicy needs therapy/counseling just as badly --- more, actually --- as Teresa does.///

Oh I totally agree! He needs help like Jim needs help (Alexis' husband from RHOOC). Sadly, neither of them would ever go.

+ Reply to Thread