+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2703Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Teresa is reminding me more and more each episode of a wild animal that has been cornered
    Punkin and ness like this.

What knocked me sideways about last night's show were these things:

1. Instead of continually bashing Melissa in a PI about it, Teresa directly confronted/asked Melissa to her face about whether or not Melissa'd actually bashed/talked badly about Teresa to Danielle.

2. Melissa OWNING UP to bashing/talking badly about Teresa to Danielle, and apologizing to Teresa for doing that. Sure, she tried to excuse it with post partum, or whatever, but I gotta give it up to her for not lying about whether or not she'd actually done it, and then giving what appeared to be a sincere apology for her behavior to Teresa.

3. Teresa standing up to Juicy about going to therapy with her brother. Regardless of whether or not she was thinking it'd help her BROTHER and not HER (Oh NO; Teresa is PERFECT, don'tcha know!), she for ONCE went against something she said she'd never do because she was raised old school Italian, Juicy didn't think she needed to, etc.

Kudos to Melissa AND Teresa. Teresa, especially, proved me wrong about saying she'd go to therapy with her brother.

I've got to admit, though, that I believe Kathy and Melissa had it pegged right when they wondered if Teresa was just trying to make nice with each of them because she'd had major blowups with both Caroline AND Jac, and was now looking for someone to be on her side.

That is SURELY the way I read her actions, too.

I agree with Rockytop:

Each episode, Teresa IS reminding me, more and more, of a cornered, wild animal.
    Last edited by ness; 06-25-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    3. Teresa standing up to Juicy about going to therapy with her brother. Regardless of whether or not she was thinking it'd help her BROTHER and not HER (Oh NO; Teresa is PERFECT, don'tcha know!), she for ONCE went against something she said she'd never do because she was raised old school Italian, Juicy didn't think she needed to, etc.
    Could it be that Teresa is having contact with people outside of her Old Italian family network (producers, cameramen, sound guys) and discovering that there are other attitudes and opinions out there? Oh my, what conflict that would cause in her little closed brain! Is she smart enough to hear wisdom from outside of the Clan? But then we have, "Don't touch the frogs, they will give you warts." I read that she has a college degree. What? Was she Home schooled for College? I don't know anyone with any level of higher education who believes so many old wives tales, without question or reflection as she does.
    ness likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Yet again, I can't believe how much these people drink and then try to have serious conversations involving conflicting emotions.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Um ........... yeah.

These folks TRULY know how to put away some firewater. THEN they jawjack with each other about heated topics while they're still knockin' it back?

Down here, doin' stuff like that HAS been known to get people killed on a VERY regular basis.
    Last edited by ness; 06-26-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    What knocked me sideways about last night's show were these things:
    2. Melissa OWNING UP to bashing/talking badly about Teresa to Danielle, and apologizing to Teresa for doing that. Sure, she tried to excuse it with post partum, or whatever,
    Seems like Postpartum Syndrome is the newest excuse for bad behavior in NJ. I was just reading about Jacqueline punching Caroline years ago and Caroline said it was due to good ol' Postpartum also!!
    Nobody is held responsible for their actions because it's always some other reason than just bad judgement with these witches.

I, too, read that Teresa went to Berkley College.....I saw that it has a college in Newark, NJ.....but it can't be the same college as the one here in Berkley, CA......That's difficult for even a straight A student to get into....how on earth did Teresa go thru 4 years of college??? she has no brains to begin with, let alone act/speak like someone with a good college education.
    For some strange reason, I enjoy watching these cave women behave badly......but, Bravo, please don't insult me/us by trying to sell big fat lies, like Teresa's education!

I also loved all the hurried tap dancing Teresa did when she said something like she'd like to punch/hit Caroline (was it Caroline?? somebody tho) and she backtracked like crazy so she wouldn't seem like a violent person. Baloney. Teresa would love to punch out somebody who got in her way.

I have never had a baby to know about pregnancy related hormones, but I did go through perimenopause hormones. I BELIEVE hormones can make you do things you have never done before.
    ness, GabbyG, Poppy Fields and 1 others like this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I, too, read that Teresa went to Berkley College.....I saw that it has a college in Newark, NJ.....but it can't be the same college as the one here in Berkley, CA......That's difficult for even a straight A student to get into....how on earth did Teresa go thru 4 years of college??? she has no brains to begin with, let alone act/speak like someone with a good college education.
    For some strange reason, I enjoy watching these cave women behave badly......but, Bravo, please don't insult me/us by trying to sell big fat lies, like Teresa's education!
    Berkley College of New Jersey (unaffiliated with University of California, Berkeley) is basically a business/trade school offering both Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in various business disciplines. It has an open admissions policy. All you need is a HS diploma or GED to enroll. I don't know if Teresa did a four year or two year program, and I don't think she's ever said whether hers is a 4-year or 2-year degree in Fashion Merchandising. Either way, I doubt she ever had to write a term paper or do any critical thinking.

Berkeley College – Online College Degrees | Online College Courses

I also loved all the hurried tap dancing Teresa did when she said something like she'd like to punch/hit Caroline (was it Caroline?? somebody tho) and she backtracked like crazy so she wouldn't seem like a violent person. Baloney. Teresa would love to punch out somebody who got in her way.
    I think she was sympathizing with Jax for needing to punch Caroline, since Caro is just so smug, holier-than-thou, and eminently punchable. By my lights, even.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 06-26-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I have never had a baby to know about pregnancy related hormones, but I did go through perimenopause hormones. I BELIEVE hormones can make you do things you have never done before.
    They can definitely wreak havoc with your emotions. For some, to the point of emotional instability.
    ness likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If Teresa "went" to her Berkley college, that doesn't mean that she was there for any interesting length of time. People who go for a piece of a semester can claim that they "went" to college. I think she may have been "one of those"!

Not too long ago, I also remember Teresa's husband telling her that HE was the only person she needed...she didn't need "those other people"; she just got quiet. That always sets off warning bells, in my head, because that is a way people have of trying to control you....isolate you from friends and family. Those people are never well-meaning, when it comes to you. And they usually tend to do it, little by little. "Warning, Will Robinson!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread