+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2726Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

^^^ Ah, I didn't notice Chris, but you may be right. I don't know though, I think Chris is pretty used to/good at being the mediator between shrieking women, ande-escalating a situation. I think if he felt it necessary to intervene he would have done it himself. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm confused with the whole Melissa-Danielle-Teresa- Facebook issue.
    Please help.
    All I know is that apparently Danielle knows something that Melissa did/said a couple years ago and Teresa wants to know. Or is that right?
    I think one of Jaqi's problem is that she's not part of the Italian-New Jersey type of person...she just married into it and it confuses her.
    She also doesn't have that mean little gene that apparently Teresa, Caroline, Melissa and others do.
    Caroline seems to have it in spades...look how many of her relatives she's not speaking to.
    Also Caroline doesn't seem to be the tough old broad she would like us, the viewers, to believe, judging from what her kids said about her.
    I know menopause is difficult...I remember it well so I'm sure that's part of it but Caroline seems like she'd love to be the Queen that says, "Off with their heads!" with no problem about it.
    Okay so do you remember on the Season Two Reunion, they were discussing how Danielle was not a good friend to Jacqueline, and Theresa brought up the fact that Danielle hadn't acknowledged the birth of Jac's son Nickolas. Danielle then countered with "Did you acknowledge the birth of your nephew??" and Theresa lost it. At the time all anyone could gather was that Theresa was upset because Danielle had been talking to a member of her family and getting false and spiteful information, meaning someone in Theresa's family was doing that to her.

In this last episode, what Jac and Theresa were talking about regarding twitter was that Danielle tweeted to Theresa that it was, in fact, Melissa who told her that Theresa hadn't acknowledged the birth of her son (the nephew in question during the Season 2 Reunion) and Theresa tweeted her back and thanked her for finally admitting that.

Then Jac told Theresa it would't do any good to bring it up to Melissa and start drama with her all over again over something that happened two years ago no matter how bad it was, because she and Joe and Melissa had decided to move on. Theresa took that as Jacqueline taking Melissa's side. Personally I understand where Jac was coming from, when you're the confidante of someone whose life is so full of drama, when they bring it upon themselves it's quite frustrating.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    That's all well and good, but Danielle was dangerous, and everyone knew it. It was a really terrible thing for Melissa to do. That doesn't mean that Theresa hasn't done terrible things too.
    Really? Exactly how was she dangerous? Dangerous to whom, and how? I never saw her as posing any kind of actual threat to anyone on the show.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is a reason that the phrase "familiarity breeds contempt" was coined. I think we see a lot of it on these shows.

These people can make me feel claustrophobic and suffocated. I Just Couldn't Do It.

Watched a rerun of Theresa's appearance on Wendy Williams show the other day, and she reminded me of Nadya Suleman, with the way she talked and cackled.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Really? Exactly how was she dangerous? Dangerous to whom, and how? I never saw her as posing any kind of actual threat to anyone on the show.
    I think Theresa is by far more dangerous than Danielle is (was). Theresa is constantly getting into people's faces, screaming, and then there is the table flipping incident, not to mention shoving Andy at the reunion. Those are not the actions of a stable person, IMO.

Neither is bringing armed guards to a videotaped sit down conversation with a 5'2" mid-40s woman who is trying to resolve a situation with her family.

Or taunting a 19/20 year old that you know is on the edge until she snaps and tugs on your hair so you can sue her.

Or bringing thugs into a charity event for a very sick child and giving them permission to let loose because "YOU" didn't reserve enough seats for everyone you brought at the very last minute.

Neither one of them are stable, in my opinion.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Neither is bringing armed guards to a videotaped sit down conversation with a 5'2" mid-40s woman who is trying to resolve a situation with her family.

Or taunting a 19/20 year old that you know is on the edge until she snaps and tugs on your hair so you can sue her.

Or bringing thugs into a charity event for a very sick child and giving them permission to let loose because "YOU" didn't reserve enough seats for everyone you brought at the very last minute.

Neither one of them are stable, in my opinion.
    I have to ask: Wno do you think was paying the armed guards? (B-R-A-V-O). Who approved the air time (and scheduling) of it? (B-R-A-V-O).

I aslo suspect that BRAVO urged Ashley to precipitate what became a VIOLENT (and unprovoked) assault on Danielle. She was probably supposed to instigate an altercation but was running rather late (how Ashley like) so just resorted to chasing and physical force Ashley isn't crazy. She's a spoiled brat who thinks she's famous. Her mom probably contributed to that dillusion, and I guess by now Ashley knows that no one gives a flying crap about her imaginary fame or career.

You are right - there are NO stable women on this show. No one in her right mind would sign up for it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    She deliberately engages in fights with, essentially, children, she sets out deliberately to hurt people, her sense of reality is completely warped so that she believes everyone is out to get her (making her paranoid and feel as though she constantly has to defend herself), once you cross her she has no boundaries as to what is acceptable and what is not, she's a liar, she cannot think about anyone but herself. I see her as someone who will stop at nothing, attempt to completely destroy anyone she perceives as an enemy without a second thought. What makes her even more dangerous is the fact that she's incapable of distinguishing between real and imagined enemies. Everything is a slight, everything is a threat. Anyone who questions her false reality is an enemy.

But, yes, you're right. She's never physically threatened or menaced anyone (although I would argue that bringing those thugs to that benefit was pretty menacing, particularly because members of that entourage did threaten people physically) so obviously she poses no danger to anyone. Not all harm is physical.

Theresa is physically threatening, and so is Ashley. That's separate from Danielle though. Although I will say, the table flipping incident seems to be chronically overblown. It was terrifying, sure, but what was scary wasn't the actual slight lifting of the table, but rather, the uncontrolled rage of Theresa. But somehow that turned into Danielle having a table thrown at her.

In my opinion, Ashley and Danielle are the scariest people to have appeared on the New Jersey housewives followed by Theresa. Theresa has a temper, which is not very well controlled, but I also think she has some conscience, or at least doesn't set out to hurt people.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I had the feeling that Jac's husband, lurking in the background as her discussion with Teresa continued, called his sister to come over and back up Jacquline.
    Great observation/insight about that...I did see Chris the shot of "lurking" in the background and didn't understand why it was there but I think you've got it right. Makes perfect sense that he called Caroline.
    Thanks, tears.and.rain, for the explanation...now I understand. Most of these women have an evil streak in them that comes out and it doesn't surprise me at all to learn that Melissa would do anything to knock down Teresa...and I think it really does have to do with jealousy. Melissa's ego is big enough to think that she deserves to be a "star" rather than Teresa.
    Found my daughter today watching a Bravo show about the "highlights" of Housewife reunion shows and, of course, Teresa, shoving Andy, was shown, along with the Danielle's insults. Personally, I thought Teresa over-reacted but she was furious with Danielle for a lot of things so it fit with who she is.
    So many of these Housewives have this horrible instant screaming anger when provoked...for example, Vicki, who's actually really scary when she does it.

So why do I watch these horrible examples of women??? Because I never see anything like it in real life and I can't stop myself!
    I probably need professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    So why do I watch these horrible examples of women??? Because I never see anything like it in real life and I can't stop myself!
    I probably need professional help.
    LOL, You've hit it on the head, DL! Add in Bridezillas, Bad Girls, Mob Wives, etc., and I am watching behavior that is so foriegn to my life experience that I sit and watch with my mouth agape! Who acts like this? It's as mesmerizing as watching a train wreck. Absolutely Fascinating! :>) LOLOLOL

What's worse, these "Housewives" (to use the term loosely) watch their over the top behavior when their season airs and they want to come back for more exposure! It can't be only the money, can it? The only exception I can think of is Dina, who very early on backed out as the RHoNJ circus spun more and more out of control. Good for her!

I'm over 50 and never in my life have I argued with a friend the way the reality TV women argue. The biggest argument I ever got in was during a muted, private phone call. And I don't know anyone who fights like these women, and I wonder if even the housewives would argue like that if the cameras weren't on. On second thought, Jacqueline did punch Caroline earlier in the relationship, so I guess the answer is yes.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread