+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3401Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Teresa's comment about Jac: "She is smiling one minute and laughing the next. She's like a Heckle and Jives." I believe that was a literary reference. You know, Robert Louis Stevenson's classic, Dr. Heckle and Mr. Jives. LOLOLOLOLOL
    A part of me just can't help wondering if Teresa says the things that she does sometimes because she's REALLY that ignorant, or if she's trying to keep the tag of "the cute, funny Jersey housewife"? I CLEARLY remember her saying --- and yes, this came out of her own mouth --- that she'd developed a following on the show because she was funny and always seemed to have funny things to say, and people liked that, so they liked HER, as a result. This was LONG before she morphed into Resident Bitch after Danielle was gone.

Problem is, whether it's borne out of ignorance or trying to be "cute, funny" and keep a following, Teresa hasn't yet realized that she can't have it both ways, at this point. She's the heavy drama flashpoint on the show, now --- NOT the light comedy relief, anymore --- and she doesn't do herself any favors by ripping people one second, then butchering the English language the next.

She just continues to make herself look like even more of what she is:

Ignorant, and pitiful.

Sure, she'll work like a dray horse, and more power to her for that.

But an ignorant, pitiful dray horse?

Ewwww.
    Last edited by ness; 06-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

i don't think i've ever laughed so hard in my life! i think i missed most of the ep bc i couldn't stop laughing at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Teresa's comment about Jac: "She is smiling one minute and laughing the next. She's like a Heckle and Jives." I believe that was a literary reference. You know, Robert Louis Stevenson's classic, Dr. Heckle and Mr. Jives. LOLOLOLOLOL

Heckle and Jives, Cyst and Deceased ... just makes you sad and scared sometimes.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    LOL Not if you believe in the Ancient Alien Theorist. No way did man jump from apes - to cavemen - to having the brains to fly one to the moon, and more.
    I don't believe in ancient alien theories. It smacks of hubris. I don't believe in Big Foot, either.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I don't think I believe in Ancient Aliens or Bigfoot either...but sometimes though I wonder about "legends" that persist....a one or two-time sighting doesn't impress me but something that continues for a very long time??
    So until we have proof, who knows.

FORT Fogey

I'm really surprised more people aren't reacting to what Melissa did. Even though it was in the past, she still did something really terrible. She reached out to someone who was actually, actively trying to destroy her sister-in-law's life, wreaking havoc on her life, and tried to feed the flames. And, alright, she and Theresa don't get along for whatever reason. Theresa certainly deserves some, if not all, of the enemies she's made. But what's disturbing is what Melissa did to her husband in reaching out to Danielle. She's just a terrible person, and the fact that Theresa is also terrible doesn't make her less terrible.

I can understand why Jac was so upset - if Theresa is calling her and talking about all her troubles, and then calling magazines and selling a different story, that's very frustrating. And if Jac really values her friendship with Theresa it could be very hurtful.

Caroline had no place in that conversation and came over simply to be involved.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

If you take all of the gossip/housewifves sites reporting at face value, it would seem clear that the Gorags (and most especially, Melissa) were prety miffed with the Giudices for a long time. It's claimed that Teresa insisted that the Gorgas not appear on camera during the Bravo filming of family gatherings in the first few seasons.

It's also reported that the Gorgas solicited Bravo for two years to appear as cast members. Their storyline was to oppose Teresa's RHoNJ image.

They got that slot, and good for them. It's made for linchpin family drama. Is it real? Who the hell knows? But the real question is do we really care. If her brother and his wife meant to malign Teresa, they succeeded. If they wanted Melissa to be the breakout star of the show, they failed. Teresa still has that dubious distinction.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

That's all well and good, but Danielle was dangerous, and everyone knew it. It was a really terrible thing for Melissa to do. That doesn't mean that Theresa hasn't done terrible things too.

I'm confused with the whole Melissa-Danielle-Teresa- Facebook issue.
    Please help.
    All I know is that apparently Danielle knows something that Melissa did/said a couple years ago and Teresa wants to know. Or is that right?
    I think one of Jaqi's problem is that she's not part of the Italian-New Jersey type of person...she just married into it and it confuses her.
    She also doesn't have that mean little gene that apparently Teresa, Caroline, Melissa and others do.
    Caroline seems to have it in spades...look how many of her relatives she's not speaking to.
    Also Caroline doesn't seem to be the tough old broad she would like us, the viewers, to believe, judging from what her kids said about her.
    I know menopause is difficult...I remember it well so I'm sure that's part of it but Caroline seems like she'd love to be the Queen that says, "Off with their heads!" with no problem about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Caroline had no place in that conversation and came over simply to be involved.
    I had the feeling that Jac's husband, lurking in the background as her discussion with Teresa continued, called his sister to come over and back up Jacquline.
    mom2 and momrek06 like this.

+ Reply to Thread