+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Not to be mean, well ok I'm going to be mean, but cavemen/women were just not that smart. ; )
    Really? Personially, I believe they were the primary reason that humans, as a species, abandoned caves as abodes. They were probably the first agriculturalists, giving us the sky gods and the beginnings of civilization.

And their men were pretty smart, too!
    tears.and.rain likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Really? Personially, I believe they were the primary reason that humans, as a species, abandoned caves as abodes.
    Ah, this explains why Teresa wanted that big ol' house . . . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspet View Post
    Ah, this explains why Teresa wanted that big ol' house . . . .
    Rock caves, marble caves. Very similar!

So Teresa thinks Jac is crazy and has lost her mind, huh?

NEWS FLASH, TERESA!!!!!!

It TAKES one to KNOW one!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

High desperation level--Theresa does not like Danielle but would tweet her to get stuff to make Melissa look bad.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Fan

It seems like Caroline has a bigger problem with Laurens weight than Lauren herself. Lauren needs to tell her to stop going on about it. I also heard that Lauren just had lap band surgery.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't care for the Manzo boys, at all, and I think all of these children need to get out from under their mother's feathers, and make their own lives....especially Lauren. I think Lauren would do much better on her own. There's a lot to be said about learning independence....especially for women.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The more I think about it the less I feel that Tre owes any explanation to Jacqueline about the gossip magazines she's shilling herself to. Period. She's doing it, admittedly, for money and none of the jibes are aimed at Jacqueline, even in the most tangential sense.

So, when Tre says Jacqueline is "losing it," I kind of agree with her. Neither does she owe Jax, Caroline, or anyone else an explanation as to how she can afford to furnish her home or build a garage, or whatever - much less engaging in a discussion about her legal problems on camera. Sheesh.

As much as I think Teresa is stupid and unfortunate (in terms of her marriage and her dispute with her sister-in-law), in all fairness I have to say that she is one hard working woman and a bona fide earner. Something that neither Jaqqueline nor Caroline can claim to be. If anyone can pull herself out of this muck, it's Teresa. And it won't be because of her great intellect, but because she's a sweat earner who thinks she can do it.

I wish her every success.
    MsDiva2007 and sparklete like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I absolutely, totally agree that Teresa doesn't owe anybody any explanations about how she earns her money, spends it, etc.

I've gone through the SAME thing firsthand, with some in my OWN family thinking I should have to report to them every time I reported to the bathroom to brush my teeth, or whatever. I put a stop to that, believe me, and became a much happier person for having done so!

In Jac's case, playing Devil's advocate for a bit, I think Jac has/had a problem in that Teresa is supposed to be her close friend, but seems to keep dropping breadcrumbs to her and to others, then tries to turn around and deny that she dropped them, later on. One minute she'll say she's got a contract with these mags. The next, she'll say they just call her and ask for quotes. If you don't want people to question you, then keep your mouth shut about what's going on with you and don't tell them ANYTHING. Then they won't feel confused when they hear/see in black and white the exact opposite of what you'd said to them, and come to you to ask for clarification/correction.

And, no, Jac didn't appear in any of these magazines, directly, or indirectly, as a source of backbiting Teresa. But since most everyone who HAS is a friend of hers, too, I can absolutely, logically, commonsensically see how and why she'd be asking Teresa about what's going on.

Also, it seems to me that regardless of whether or not Teresa HAS a contract with these rags or they just call her up to get quotes from her, people are going to get ROYALLY pissed off when they pick up these things, scan/read them, and quotes are attributed to them that they either didn't say, or are hateful and mean, and it's IMPLIED that they came from them. As a result, they wind up being portrayed across the country --- AND out of it --- as being vicious, hateful, backstabbing, etc., when they are --- or WERE --- supposed to be your friends.

For the sake of argument, let's say Teresa DIDN'T have a contract, and these people just called her for quotes. With as much trouble as she and Juicy are already apparently in, WHY would she be stupid enough to say anything more than: "No comment!"?

To use a direct quote from Melissa: "I get it. You need to make money? Go ahead and make your money!" But as far as I can tell, your right to swing your fist ends where MY face begins. If I'm supposed to be, or WAS, a friend of yours, and my name/face kept coming up in these rag mag articles that featured you as the put-upon saint, and ME as one of the bees in your bonnet, I'D have a problem with it and be asking you questions and calling you out about it, too.

Or, to even keep from wasting my time by going there --- since I KNOW you'd lie through your teeth about it, anyway --- I'd just put your ass in the deep freeze and keep it movin'.

And then, don't have the brass ones to turn around and get offended if I ice you, because, if you weren't gonna dance, then you should've kept your behind OFF the floor when you decided to try dragging me into your mess (and I was SUPPOSED to be a friend of yours).

And, BTW, making money, or no, why is a person who's supposedly so afraid of dogs winding up on the cover of a rag mag with one?

If I was actually afraid of dogs, it sure wouldn't be me.

No matter WHAT the price tag for doing so might be.

JMHO.
    mom2 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The more I think about it the less I feel that Tre owes any explanation to Jacqueline about the gossip magazines she's shilling herself to. Period. She's doing it, admittedly, for money and none of the jibes are aimed at Jacqueline, even in the most tangential sense.

So, when Tre says Jacqueline is "losing it," I kind of agree with her. Neither does she owe Jax, Caroline, or anyone else an explanation as to how she can afford to furnish her home or build a garage, or whatever - much less engaging in a discussion about her legal problems on camera. Sheesh.

As much as I think Teresa is stupid and unfortunate (in terms of her marriage and her dispute with her sister-in-law), in all fairness I have to say that she is one hard working woman and a bona fide earner. Something that neither Jaqqueline nor Caroline can claim to be. If anyone can pull herself out of this muck, it's Teresa. And it won't be because of her great intellect, but because she's a sweat earner who thinks she can do it.

I wish her every success.
    What bothers Caroline and Jacqueline the most about Tre is she is like a timex. Girlfriend takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Caroline & Jacqueline are disappointed that Tre hasnot dissolved into a puddle of tears from embarrassment. I really think it irks them that she hasn't come crawling to them begging for some sort of forgiveness. The fact that she has become a well known reality star with offers and appearances bugs them even more.

I like Tre just for the fact she is not going to give up if there is a way for her to come out on top Tre will do it. Jacqueline and Caroline come off looking just plain ignorant. Tre may not be the smartest person, but she is far from being stupid. Tre is a survivor and its killing the manzos and lauritas.
    sparklete likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread