+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I like the idea of wearing hats to a wedding, but not the ones Caroline and Tree wore. LOLOLOL
    I didn't care for Lauren's, either. Kinda looked to me like somebody'd squashed a giant tomato on her head, or something.

Jac's was the most traditional or normal-looking, to me, but the brim was so wide and she's so short, I kinda thought it overpowered her, somewhat.

Caroline's? Oh boy.

And Teresa's?

I'ma DEFINITELY leave that one a-LONE!!!!!!!!!! But what was so funny to me, was that girlfriend thought she was SERIOUSLY stylin' and profilin' in that thing!

I LOVE hats. There are even a lot of British fascinators I DROOL over.

But, most of the "hats" on the Jersey crew? Frankly, they looked to me like something that they'd gone kiting to Michael's or Hobby Lobby, checked the "Clearance" sections, then grabbed and slapped what they could together on a Goody's headband to meet the "hat" request of the grooms (or just Jaime, maybe).

They could've done better than that. Hell, I could've done better than THAT!

But, gotta give it to 'em . . . At least they TRIED to be respectful and comply with the dress code, I guess.

A lot of people wouldn't've.
    Last edited by ness; 06-14-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Jacqueline's hat was pretty horrendous! I can have a good time with hats, but you wouldn't catch me in THAT thing!!! Most definitely Not!!!

Caroline's hat looked like it had a fried egg on top.

They were ALL butt-ugly.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LOL!

Y'know, I've seriously got to wonder just WHO picked these "hats" . . .

The girls themselves, or TPTB?

If it WAS the girls, they ALL need to go have their heads examined, because the only taste they've got --- apparently --- is in their mouths.

If it was TPTB, then, you really couldn't expect any better (because those choices would obviously have been setting EVERYBODY in the crew up for: "What the HELL have they all got ON?!" clear across the country), and the girls were stuck wearing what they were ORDERED/TOLD to wear.

I'm thinking maybe the girls chose 'em, though, because Jac's was so very different (i.e., the most traditional-looking, and larger) than everybody's, so her hat stood out from the "Jersey Version of the Royal Wedding Headgear" that all the others were sporting. If they were directed/chosen by TPTB, I think she would've had on a Freaky Fascinator, just like the rest of 'em.
    Last edited by ness; 06-14-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

What a bunch of heathens. Caroline's brother and his partner clearly planned a costly and tasteful wedding, and had to put up with verbal abuse from several guests - all that talk about "gay wedding gay wedding gay wedding gay wedding" plus an additional barrage of negative, demeaning comments, was unnecessary. For the luvagawd, if they cannot go and behave themselves, they should stay away. I'm betting the brother & partner were plenty steamed at the heathens.

Same episode, the Wakile and Gorga clans did their best to make the gay sister (Rosie?) look like a lusting lesbian, when they had the bikini-clad sexpot jump in the jacuzzi and sprawl on top of Rosie. Dump a little beer in these people and the heathen just oozes out. Rosie herself was pretty tipsy, but she really paid for that day in humiliation when she sobered up. Antediluvian heathens, really.
    Lizard, Poppy Fields and sparklete like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I must have missed the request for fascinators. He asked that they dress for an English garden party where hats are mandatory, as I recall. Spring colors and florals for dresses.

Personally, I think most women over 30ish wearing fascinators look idiotic. A few character lines or crowsfeet uner a fascinator makes it look clownish. On my 20-something nieces, though, they look whimsical and pretty. At my family's annual Christmas Eve party eight of them were sporting them. I didn't realize until then that they are basically gussied up head bands.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

IIRC, Jaime DID say women were to dress as if for an English garden party, and hats were to be worn.

Which, when he did that, seems like most of the Jersey girls took "English garden party", mixed THAT up with "hats" and came to the conclusion that they were supposed to have on British-style fascinators (Royal Wedding, again, anybody?) with their "English garden party" dresses. Far as I could tell, Jac was the ONLY one who took "hat" to mean HAT, as Americans usually interpret the word.

Whatever.

Except for possibly hers, they were all butt-ugly, anyway.

Well,

I love the part of the ceremony where he said he sleeps good at night because he knows he is with his partner
    You can do it!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    No doubt and no question whatsoever that Teresa is the driver of the RHONJ bus, right now. Whether Teresa-fueled, or TPTB @ Bravo-fueled, she's it.

I mean, facts are facts: After Danielle took off, they just HAD to have a catalyst for ongoing show BS.

What I find to be very troubling about Teresa --- regardless of HOW she obtained her Resident Bitch show status --- is that she continually twists her words/outlook on any given subject to suit whatever will serve to make HERSELF look innocent at a given time.

Example from last night: When she and Jac were talking about the prospect of her and her brother going into therapy to try to work out their issues, how quickly did she make the statement that it was JUICY that forbade her to do so? Whereas before, in PIs, at least, she said something to the effect of: "We don't need to do that. We're old-school Italians and we work our problems out inside the family."

But, AGAIN, last night, talking to Jac, all of a sudden, it was: "Joe told me NOT to!" And then in a PI, she says: "So what does she want me to do? Divorce my husband?"

To me, regardless of HOW Teresa wound up being at the forefront of all things crazy going on on RHONJ, right now, she CLEARLY has some issues going on upstairs that need to be addressed by SOME kind of professional assistance. She's making herself come across as a big pathological liar who also has a brother fixation, at the VERY least. In addition, she doesn't seem to be presenting herself as Parent of the Year, either, what with all the yelling, cursing, etc., that her girls continually witness going on between herself and Juicy.

And all that off-the-wall behavior might be getting her bills paid, for right now, but what about the damage she's doing to HER family --- especially those girls --- in the long run? Forget the Gorgas, the Manzos, the Lauritas and the Wakiles. WHAT ABOUT THE GUIDICES??? Hell, forget JUICY, too, 'cause he's DEFINITELY a lost cause! WHAT ABOUT HER GIRLS???????

I wonder if they're even saveable, at this point.
    Tree is so sick. She truly does not see herself. No one can bring up a difference of opinion or else she freaks out. It'a always, always someone elses fault. I feel so sorry for her kids, I really do. How can Dina even be friends with her? I haven't followed the show for that long, is Dina similar to Tree? I mean Caroline is not perfect, but she sure is a heck of a lot better than Tree.
    mom2 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by storm915 View Post
    lmao...it's like the old saying: Small forehead, small brains. And boy does teresa fall dead center into that category!
    hahahahahahahaha

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You know, now that you mention it I remember, as a child, that people would suggest that people with hairlines like that were not too smart. I always wondered where that came from. Maybe it's from what you've cited!
    Not to be mean, well ok I'm going to be mean, but cavemen/women were just not that smart. ; )

+ Reply to Thread