+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2698Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

It's not that she didn't 'realize'....it's that she didn't know any better. As is said, "There ain't no cure for stupid."
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Interesting point, prhoshay

Made me wonder. Should someone smart and articulate (like Caroline) be given more or less leeway than someone smart but language challenged (like Teresa) when being caustic?

I've always said, Ignorant is when someone hasn't learned but can...Stupid is when someone doesn't WANT to learn (their choice) or can't (not their choice).

I'm not yet sure which category Teresa falls into.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I don't think Teresa is "language challenged"; I, honestly, believe she is intelligence-challenged, mostly by choice. I have seen that she is not able to read without difficulty, so I'm guessing she has stayed away from educational matters, as much as possible. I have often wondered what these people did in school, or why they, obviously, never pick up a book to expand their minds, even if just a little. If you have some difficulties, I guess you stay away from things that are hard for you....and it seems obvious, to me, that she has stayed faaaar away. On Celebrity Apprentice she, with all of those children, couldn't name a fairy tale during one of the challenges....I thought that was strange. I think she owes it to her children to, at least, put forth/demonstrate some kind of effort, for their sakes.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's not that she didn't 'realize'....it's that she didn't know any better. As is said, "There ain't no cure for stupid."
    I always say you can't unteach stupid! I don't think Teresa is nearly as intellectually challenged as Juicy is. Why where they even invited to the wedding given the fact that they only met Jaime once & everyone knew/heard Joe speak unkindly towards gay people. Why...because BRAVO was most likely footing the bill for the wedding & wanted the drama they knew the reaction they were going to get from him. I am sorry but anyone past the age of 2 knows to keep their mouths zipped during a wedding ceremony then again Joe probably stopped growing meantally by the age of 2. Caroline has so many issues with Teresa why was she sitting next to her in the bus?
    While I do believe everyone of their financial/legal issues are real I firmly believe 90% of this show is made up.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fan

Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    You're right, there was a lot to allude to, and I jumped to one example. I still question what I'm seeing. EVERYONE is against Teresa, it seems. Rich and Little Joe discuss her at the gym??? Call me skeptical, but whenever all the stones are being thrown in one direction (especially after last season which ended with Teresa being the target), it just gives me pause.

I'd don't see the evidence for the Teresa Hate
    I stopped watching this once I realized its lets pile on Theresa show. I hate with a passion Melissa and her ilk and will never watch another episode of this trash. Caroline is a disgusting waste of space. They pile on Tre so the attention is off the rest of them and their failings
    SugarMama likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tree is accountable and responsible for her own behavior.

She needs help.
    KAREN

Random thoughts . . .

Newsboi: Not at all surprised about Danielle. My question at this point is: Which one of the NJ crew is going to follow her next?

Snow Bunny: ITA with you about why Teresa and Juicy showed up at Jaime's wedding, and WHY Teresa and Caroline wound up sitting next to each other on that bus. TPTB at Bravo STRIKE AGAIN!

shay: Yep, Teresa is intelligence-challenged. Perhaps she was taught, coming up in an "old-school Italian" (her words) home, that school was just something to cruise through, because her "real" life's work would be to be a wife and mother, looking after her husband and raising her kids, while her husband would be the one to go out, make the bacon, come home, slap it on the table for her to cook, and sit his ass down. What nobody factored in to that scenario, though, was that she would wind up on national TV, in the "new-school" 21st century, taking over the reins of her family carriage when her husband tipped it over, and that her intellectual intelligence --- or lack thereof, actually --- would be on sad display for all the world to see, and comment on.

momrek: Ashley's dad FINALLY getting to see the real Ashley??? Girl, I cracked UP when Jac read that text from Ashley's dad! I can't blame her for feeling vindicated. Sure, she may not have been the PERFECT mom (or PERSON; but who is?), but Ashley was off-the-charts out-of-control and now her dad is FINALLY getting an up-close-and-personal view of the hellion that she is. I'm glad Chris finally put his foot down and got her out of their house so somebody outside of their life can see how she is on a day-to-day basis, and try to deal with her, too. This is probably the best thing that's happened for Ashley (and everybody else!), in a long, long time.

Re Caroline:

Yep. Way, WAY too much of her this ep. But, then again, the way I see it, TPTB couldn't've played it any other way.

1. Poison (and The Chanteuse) went from boiling to simmer because he held up the white flag of going to therapy with Teresa, and she --- "old school Italian" that she is --- hasn't bothered to respond yet. And this probably won't move back to boiling unless Teresa and Poison get locked into a convo about going to therapy.

No fuel for a fire there, this week.

2. Chris and Jac: Ashley's history in their house right now, so they've moved from boiling to simmer, too. And they're at simmer not only because Ashley's not under their roof, but Jac is now trying to just balance herself between being Teresa's friend and Caroline's, too, and she's mostly pretty good at it, so far. I don't expect that to last, though.

No fuel.

3. Rich and Kathy: They never usually even reach simmer, most of the time. They're always mostly just warm. Sure, Rosie played a big part in their storyline this week, but that wasn't a "Katie bar the door!" deal, so they warmed their way through it, as is pretty much the norm, for them.

No fuel.

4. Teresa and Juicy: Please.

Can we say WORLD WAR III??????????

Sure, most of the animosity this week is going from Caroline to Teresa. Teresa is actually too slow to realize that Caroline is still pissed at her and is really wanting to rip her in two, so of course, it's going to set up a potential blowup between them. And most of the PIs we hear are going to BE those two, I would think. Teresa with her ditziness, delusions and rationalizations, Caroline with her anger and resentment about Teresa and the remarks she made, but trying to rise above it. Right now, at least, seems to me like they're gonna milk those pissed-off Caroline PIs for all they're worth until the fireworks finally explode. ESPECIALLY since Caroline can't stand Teresa, Jaime's getting hitched, Juicy is a drunken homophobe (or at least a Neanderthal with a cross around his neck), etc.

And is it just me, or does anybody else think that Teresa could stand to have her hairline raised just a wee tad bit?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Chewbacca could have that hairline raised from here to eternity, but it's still going to go looking for its buddy, the eyebrows everyday!!!
    mom2, ness and Storm915 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Chewbacca could have that hairline raised from here to eternity, but it's still going to go looking for its buddy, the eyebrows everyday!!!
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Thanks a LOT, shay!

I just sprayed my screen and keyboard with orange juice!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread