+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    SM, you did not mention anything else but CA … so I based my response on CA vs RH. I am still going with TWO very different Tree's.

As far as Gia is concerned .. she was absolutely acting like a Kindergartener .. her tantrums out at family field day and then running into Jacqui's house. People will only treat her the way she ACTS. And that day she acted like a complete spoiled brat. She showed absolutely no respect for any adults at all. But she has acted like this since the show started years ago.
    You're right, there was a lot to allude to, and I jumped to one example. I still question what I'm seeing. EVERYONE is against Teresa, it seems. Rich and Little Joe discuss her at the gym??? Call me skeptical, but whenever all the stones are being thrown in one direction (especially after last season which ended with Teresa being the target), it just gives me pause.

I'd don't see the evidence for the Teresa Hate
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Now, having thought about Gia's meltdown, I think it would have been best if Jacqueline and Caroline had just left Gia by herself until Teresa did the motherly thing of going to tend to her daughter. The last thing people who are putting on a show....including children.....need is an audience. I've found that if they have no audience, their performance doesn't last. This is Teresa's hell to deal with since she and Joe created it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, Gia should have just been left alone...they all knew she was "pubermatically-charged" and Caroline/Jacqueline just poured gasoline on a fire that didn't need to be inflamed. I see that a lot. Teresa's not innocent, but she's not a big villain, either. Teresa's not perfect, neither is Caroline or Jacqueline . I give Teresa that she seems to genuinely love her children (as the others do), and she seems to give them her time (as the others do). Her method of discipline is different from Caroline's... but when they show Teresa and Joe and the kids, they all seem great together (with Gia's teenage moments).

I don't know if it was edit in the previous season(s) of this one, but I'm not seeing a monster Teresa here...she seems to handle her kids well, they seem to love their parents.

Manipulation here-there-everywhere? It's confusing
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I'm sorry, I completely disagree. When I watched that episode, all I could think about was how Andy Cohen (the RHW guru) is gay and is trying to promote the agenda. Seriously...TWO gay stories back-to-back? Contrived. To me, the whole Rosie in the restaurant conversation seemed completely contrived...ugh. (ed: I'm sure Rosie's emotions were real)
    Hi, SugarMama!

Glad you're back! I was wondering where you'd been!

Believe it or not, Andy never once crossed my mind when I saw that restaurant scene with Rosie and Kathy's kids. All I was keyed in on was THAT scene. Contrived and set up by TPTB? Sure, there's probably a 99.9% chance of that. But, yep, I was moved by that scene, by Rosie's emotions, Victoria's tears, Joseph asking Ro a straight-up, honest question, at her invitation, and getting a straight-up, honest answer in return. I felt her emotions (and Victoria's and Joseph's question) were real, and that's what I responded to.

For me, at least, seeing as how more and more of RHONJ seems to be/feels contrived and set-up each week, it was really touching to see some honest-to-God REAL stuff (at least to me), emotions that didn't involve yelling, screaming, insults thrown around, etc., whether or not the set-up was contrived.

However they got there, I still say "Bravo!" to Bravo, for ONCE.

Now, gimme a second . . .

'Cause rest assured, I'll be tearin' 'em a new one again!

In like, ANY SECOND, now!!!!!

LOL!

Last edited by ness; 06-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

First of all, SugarMama, it is so good to see you again. I have missed you and wondered if you'd return.

Now a few things about RHNJ:
    I honestly don't think Teresa was blessed with very many brain cells and I don't mean that unkindly but rather just a statement of fact. I think some of her outrageous outbreaks come more from letting her raw emotions come out with no thought to how it sounds or it's affect.
    Being Italian, I can attest to seeing a lot of relatives doing just that. I may be judged negatively for this but I've seen/lived/observed many, many Italian relatives in all kinds of situations and they tend to just speak/shout their emotions with little control. But what usually happens is when the the fireworks are over, they're just as emotional in the reverse, with all the proclamations of love and forgiveness....Maybe Bravo only shows us what's shocking to amp up the drama.

I think Gia was having a pre-pubescent moment...probably a lot more to come. She also is old enough to realize the problems in her extended family and is unhappy about that.
    Surely, these women could have identified it for what it was. Neither Jacqui or Caroline handled it correctly...nor did her mother, Teresa, help by absolving her of everything. A child shouldn't demand other adults to get her mother altho she could ask.

I read in one of those kind of mags...what else do we read while getting a pedicure??....that Lauren finally got Lapband surgery...it went on to say that Caroline lost her weight by just eating less....not surgery....hahahahaha...So who knows what the truth is.
    Despite Caroline's denial re surgery, I think she had it, which makes it very logical that Lauren would also.

I'm not sure that life for the Guidice's (sp?) girls would be so bad without Juicy. How will they pick a good husband/boyfriend/whatever with that type of role model?

And SugarMama, I'm with you about this episode....I think Andy's fingerprints are all over the idea of making it completely about "gay-ness." I have no opinion about anyone's sexuality. It's none of my business....I try to judge people on their behavior.....why should what they do behind closed doors make any difference as long as it's legal and hurting no one ?
    Rosie seems like a nice person and so does Jaime but who knows if they're nice people...they're not saints just because they are gay and had difficulty coming to terms with it and with others.
    Lots and lots of people have problems to overcome, physically, mentally, childhood, etc. What's important is what kind of person you are during/after dealing with our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Hi, SugarMama!

Glad you're back! I was wondering where you'd been!

Believe it or not, Andy never once crossed my mind when I saw that restaurant scene with Rosie and Kathy's kids. All I was keyed in on was THAT scene. Contrived and set up by TPTB? Sure, there's probably a 99.9% chance of that. But, yep, I was moved by that scene, by Rosie's emotions, Victoria's tears, Joseph asking Ro a straight-up, honest question, at her invitation, and getting a straight-up, honest answer in return. I felt her emotions (and Victoria's and Joseph's question) were real, and that's what I responded to...
    I completely agree! The feelings these guys experience aren't necessarily portrayed/manipulated by Bravo. But I'm always skeptical NOW....in the old days, I'd cry buckets for these women, or I'd become enraged with them.... but I learned (and still haven't finessed it) sometimes they're acting, sometimes it's real...HAHA, I think I can know the difference, but not always!
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I completely agree! The feelings these guys experience aren't necessarily portrayed/manipulated by Bravo. But I'm always skeptical NOW....in the old days, I'd cry buckets for these women, or I'd become enraged with them.... but I learned (and still haven't finessed it) sometimes they're acting, sometimes it's real...HAHA, I think I can know the difference, but not always!
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

My Lord this recent epi it starts out with Gia SCREAMING sheesh. And what was it about, her lil sis wants to know if she is texting her bf. Gia was so nasty and evil too her. Big deal, Gia, just tell her nicely that you don't have a bf, why be so angry about it. I have 3 sisters like Gia does and we never acted like that with all the SCREAMING. None of us were ever calling to our Mom because one sis was bothering another. Seriously, we all played together and loved it. Dolls, dolls and more dolls.

Juicy when Tree asked him where his "luggageS" (yes she put an S on it) was, he replied in front of the kiddos "up your a**" . He is such an IDIOT. He has the foulest mouth. And what does Tree do, LAUGH at it.

Wow, too much of Caroline throughout this epi. SHUT UP already, Caroline. OMG. She is the one getting the migraines well she GIVES them as well. Although, Tree was giving me a headache in the bus ride over to Jaime's house as she asked ONE MILLION questions of Caroline. SHUT UP, Tree. How is that Tree and Juicy get an invite yet she has never met Jaime's partner of FOURTEEN years ???

So Kim D is one of Tree's biggest fans from what Tree says. I guess that is all Tree wants is FANS not friends. Typical. Tree saying that her Bro wants her to see a "physical" therapist. Kim D telling Tree "there is NO way you need to see a therapist" . whatever.

Well I guess Ashley's dad is getting to see the 'real' Ashley. Hmmm.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

As far as Gia is concerned .. she was absolutely acting like a Kindergartener .. her tantrums out at family field day and then running into Jacqui's house. People will only treat her the way sheACTS. And that day she acted like a complete spoiled brat. She showed absolutely no respect for any adults at all. But she has acted like this since the show started years ago.
    I agree, I kept thinking if that were my child acting out like that there would be some serious consequences to her actions. Her reaction to what was and had happened was way over the top. But in her defense, look at her parents.

Also did anyone notice how she kept say "physical therapy" instead of "therapy"? Really?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    Also did anyone notice how she kept say "physical therapy" instead of "therapy"? Really?
    Yup me see the post above yours ^^^^!!! And Tree did not even realize what she said.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread