+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Gia was treated horribly, at the "Field Day" for calling out the cheaters....none of the women, Jacqui, Caroline and Teresa, treated her fairly. She was demeaned and made fun of. I also hated the way Teresa talked down to her about getting her first bra.
    But then, consequently, I think Gia talks horribly to adults....but what else can we expect when that's how she's treated?
    Horrible people should not procreate!
    Agree. Her mother should have taken Gia aside and explained that she was sorry she didn't warn her ahead of time that these family games include cheating that's acceptable to all the adults, and that children have to go along with cheating in this circumstance, unlike what they're taught at school about cheating. Those ugly women treating Gia as if she had done something wrong was abhorrent.

Bad enough that Gia acted like the ill-bred brat she's been taught to be- the adults had to prove their lack of decency by demeaning an already damaged child. WTF???

The first bra scene is one that child will not easily live down at school. Tree has no limits, no boundaries whatever. She is a pathetically deficient specimen.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Inoticed that Gia has this tendency to scream and shout her demandsand orders to people; that is ugly behavior that should not be tolerated; it's not OK, and should be addressed. She definitely needs to be put in her place. And, like somebody said earlier, she never should have been invited into the adult games. She belongs with the children, and they are doing her a disservice by treating her like she is already mature. I've never allowed a child to talk to me just any old way.

A child that was attending the community center at which I was tutoring talked all rude and crazy to me, one day, and I immediately stopped what I was doing and asked her if she talked to her mother like that; she quietly said, "No." I told her, in a quiet voice, that threats do, indeed, exist and that I was one of them, so I suggest she keep that in mind. Never had another problem with that young lady again! She seemed to go out of her way to mind her manners with me, from that point forward.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-26-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    mom2 and GabbyG like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Most will not agree with me on this BUT Gia is Juicy only with a skirt on. Tree allows ALL THIS CONSTANT SHOUTING AND SCREAMING from her family. Tree should have ABSOLUTELY pulled Gia aside and explained that
    what they were doing was just allot of FAMILY FUN. But NO Tree allowed her to SCREAM and SCREAM and SCREAM throughout the comp and then RUN AWAY and hide as Juicy is doing NOW hiding from the rest of the group because HE IS NOT THE WINNER. And I said this before, at the age of 10yo, Gia was OUT OF CONTROL. Spoiled brat. Period.
    mom2 likes this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But it's not Gia's fault. She's just living what she has learned. ...an unfortunate reality. I just hope she decides to 'outdo' her rearing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Gia's 10, and screaming is a family pasttime. Even when they're happy!

What I find remarkable is the amount of alcohol these people consume at every gathering, in front of their children. Gia is frequently surrounded by ADULTS who are out of control.

And often enough on film, hers is the only voice of reason among them. She's always looking after the little ones, toting them around, and keeping them safe. I see her demonstrating a strong sense of responsibility, a certain degree of perfectionism, and a much greater degree of worry and stress. So, I don't see her as a "spoiled brat."

Milania, yes. Gia, no. Gabriella, unknown. Audriana, too soon to tell.

That's my vote and I'm sticking to it.
    alizarules likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Hi, Guysettes (AND Guys, TOO!)

My head has been spinning around on my neck like Linda Blair's head in "The Exorcist" ever since the "Field Games" episode aired.

Here goes . . .

Teresa and Juicy in the car . . .

I've got to wonder how long, or how much it's going to take for Teresa to get some self-respect and realize that THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS TO HER. Not PHYSICALLY, yet (that we've SEEN), but certainly, verbally and emotionally abusive. Given that, I wonder just how long it's gonna take him to make the biggest mistake of his life and haul off and actually raise his hand/fist to her, and connect. And though we'll probably never see that aired, I can pretty much 'bout GUARANTEE you that SOMETHING will leak out about it when it does. And I'm pretty much willing to bet ANY of you that she won't get her act together and leave him, even then.

Teresa, Gia and the First Bra . . .

Teresa must have Fabellini (isn't that her wine line?) between her ears where her BRAIN is supposed to be. I agree with the general consensus that THAT little episode of Mother/Daughter love and bonding was most likely scripted, but Teresa has NO shame! My God, I thought it was tough being a tween/teen back in the Dark Ages when I was one. But NOWADAYS? AND SHE LET A FILM CREW IN ON THIS? And SEEMED TO THINK IT WAS FUNNY AND WAS GIGGLING/LAUGHING ABOUT IT? AND SHE SEEMS NOT TO HAVE A CLUE WHY GIA CAN BE SO HOSTILE, BRISTLING, DEFENSIVE AND SMART-MOUTHED TOWARDS HER? Or seems to be unable to see that Gia continually SHOWS her that she has NO respect for her? Respect is SHOWN to those who GIVE it to others. And as a female, if nothing else, not even as being her MOTHER, I would've HOPED that Teresa would've had enough common sense, compassion and RESPECT for Gia not to have allowed that to have been filmed, let alone allowed herself to have been filmed giggling and snickering about it, as though she seemed to think it was cute, and funny. I don't give a happy rip if all Gia had to put in a training bra was air, wishes, hopes and dreams. There was NOTHING cute and/or funny about that, and to echo most/all of you: THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN AIRED, AT ALL.

I'm surprised we haven't heard something about CPS being called in to investigate Teresa, already.

Idiot.

Teresa discussing tampon use, etc., from back in HER day . . .

Did I say Teresa had NO shame, already? Some things are just NOT necessary to be aired or said or talked about on national TV, in the U.S. at least. Who CARES what her mom told her about that? THAT should've remained between her and her MOM.

Idiot.

Gia and Her Field Day Meltdown . . .

I absolutely agree with momrek that Gia is a brat and pint-sized Juicy with a dress on. And I absolutely agree with shay that she is living what she has learned at her parents' knees. Yep, Poppy, screaming and yelling IS a general family pastime, even when they're happy. Mouthing off and talking back to adults? Getting an attitude with adults? Let us sit down and try to get a count of how many times we've ALL seen her do it.

I remember Vanessa Williams saying something once about how SHE was raised, when some reporter complemented her on HER kids' demeanor and behavior: "We were not allowed to talk back to adults, or argue with each other. We were not allowed to yell, scream, or call names. No: "Stupid! Moron!", and so on. I remember once, My Dad and I got into it about something. I went to my room and slammed the door. He came to my room and told me: "Slam it one more time, and it's gone." I DID, and it WAS. For a long, long time, until he was satisfied that I'd gotten the message that he meant what he said. I raised my kids the SAME way I was raised!"

Teresa and Juicy need to look in the mirror and have a long talk with themselves before Gia gets COMPLETELY out of control and winds up in SERIOUS trouble somewhere on down the line. She couldn't have learned brattiness and being mouthy and disrespectful, to adults OR anybody else, even her sisters, if she hadn't been allowed to do so by the people that are supposed to be her role models and life instructors.

Caroline, Jac and Reprimanding Gia . . .

Honestly, my take on the situation is that I see nothing whatsoever wrong in Caroline and Jac trying to peel Gia off the ceiling, before Teresa FINALLY made an appearance. In an extreme example: Let's say Caroline and Jac were walking by Gia in a department store and noticed that she was about to go sneaking off down an escalator all by herself? A lone child? Should they not run and stop her, or at least yell out that somebody's kid was about to go on the loose and just WHOSE kid is that, anyway? Or, should they have just shrugged their shoulders and continued on their merry way, saying: "Thank God that ain't MY kid?"

Granted, Jac sitting down trying to read a book about bad behavior to a 10-year-old who IS behaving badly at the time, screaming, ranting, raving and having a high old time acting a fool, was not exactly the way to have handled that. Pretty damn dumb, actually.

To me, Caroline did better about it in trying to TALK to Gia about her behavior, in an effort to get her to see reason. However, I have to say that I absolutely do NOT blame Caroline for refusing to tolerate Gia's disrespect, and letting her KNOW she'd just crossed the line when her mouth and attitude got out of line with CAROLINE.

Actually, Gia has NO clue. She got off REALLY easy with Jac and Caroline.

Back in MY day (yeah, here we go with the Ancient History!), it didn't matter WHOSE kid you were, and whether or not any of your parents/adult family members were around, or not. If you were acting a fool, ANY adult that was around was EXPECTED to correct your behavior, right then and there. If they DIDN'T, and only reported to your PTB what they'd seen you doing, or heard you saying that was not representative of your family, they were told, RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU: "Thank you for letting me know. And the next time you see her out doing/saying something she shouldn't, YOU STOP HER RIGHT THEN AND THERE! AND LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN, 'CAUSE SHE'S GONNA GET IT AGAIN WHEN SHE GETS HOME FOR ACTING A FOOL IN PUBLIC AND EMBARRASSING US! AND SHE BETTER NOT TALK BACK TO YOU, EITHER! WE DIDN'T RAISE HER LIKE THAT!"

Then, we would get the whooping of our lives.

BELIEVE it.

Too bad parents nowadays don't have that same leeway.

Caroline and Jac were TRYING to do what they felt was right, at the time, since they were immediately on the scene. I'd've probably walked until I found Teresa after I tried to deal with Gia and she mouthed off and yelled at me one time, I admit. But I can't see how they were so wrong, as the adults on scene at the second this went off the charts, to at least not to have tried to step in and deal with Gia. If it was MY kid, I would've EXPECTED them to do so.

I guess one never gets too far from their raisin' do they?

Random thoughts, observations and opinions.

I may scan the thread again and weigh in with more on other points, later on.
    Last edited by ness; 05-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    mom2 and alizarules like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

Teresa and Juicy in the car . . .

I've got to wonder how long, or how much it's going to take for Teresa to get some self-respect and realize that THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS TO HER. Not PHYSICALLY, yet (that we've SEEN), but certainly, verbally and emotionally abusive. Given that, I wonder just how long it's gonna take him to make the biggest mistake of his life and haul off and actually raise his hand/fist to her, and connect. And though we'll probably never see that aired, I can pretty much 'bout GUARANTEE you that SOMETHING will leak out about it when it does. And I'm pretty much willing to bet ANY of you that she won't get her act together and leave him, even then.
    I'd like to add to your post that I don't totally blame just Juicy for how he treats Teresa. I have a big problem with her allowing him to continue to speak this way to her.
    It's easy to just paint Teresa as the poor victim but sometimes victims don't take the actions they need to do to prevent some of the bad behavior inflicted on them.
    But I think when it comes to Juicy, she just becomes a Stepford Wife. Maybe that's why she's so catty/mean to everyone else?? All pent-up anger seething underneath because of Juicy's rude horrible ways.
    And it's not like Teresa has to stay with him because he's the bread-winner because from my viewpoint, she earns all the money.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I never remember having "bra discussions" as a preteen. I remember looking across the classroom and seeing one of my classmates with a SERIOUS bustline, maybe in grade 7, but I don't remember it being a topic of discussion. It DID make my eyes pop out, though!
    Me too. And I was too embarrassed to discuss the 'bra' subject with my mother. So I agonized in silence, and finally one of of my close girlfriends gave me one of her bras. Unfortunately, she really had breasts and her bra was too big for me, but I wore it proudly anyway. Pretty pitiful!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Hi, Guysettes (AND Guys, TOO!)

Back in MY day (yeah, here we go with the Ancient History!), it didn't matter WHOSE kid you were, and whether or not any of your parents/adult family members were around, or not. If you were acting a fool, ANY adult that was around was EXPECTED to correct your behavior, right then and there. If they DIDN'T, and only reported to your PTB what they'd seen you doing, or heard you saying that was not representative of your family, they were told, RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU: "Thank you for letting me know. And the next time you see her out doing/saying something she shouldn't, YOU STOP HER RIGHT THEN AND THERE! AND LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN, 'CAUSE SHE'S GONNA GET IT AGAIN WHEN SHE GETS HOME FOR ACTING A FOOL IN PUBLIC AND EMBARRASSING US! AND SHE BETTER NOT TALK BACK TO YOU, EITHER! WE DIDN'T RAISE HER LIKE THAT!"

Then, we would get the whooping of our lives.

BELIEVE it.

Too bad parents nowadays don't have that same leeway.
    I remember those days, Glad I was a child in those days.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'd like to add to your post that I don't totally blame just Juicy for how he treats Teresa. I have a big problem with her allowing him to continue to speak this way to her.
    It's easy to just paint Teresa as the poor victim but sometimes victims don't take the actions they need to do to prevent some of the bad behavior inflicted on them.
    But I think when it comes to Juicy, she just becomes a Stepford Wife. Maybe that's why she's so catty/mean to everyone else?? All pent-up anger seething underneath because of Juicy's rude horrible ways.
    And it's not like Teresa has to stay with him because he's the bread-winner because from my viewpoint, she earns all the money.
    Oh, TOTALLY.

My bad.

If I hadn't before, let me make it crystal clear right now that I absolutely agree with you about Teresa being a contributor to her own Juicy problems. It DOES take two to tango, and like my grampa used to say: "Babe, cain't nobody ride you if you don't bend your back and let 'em climb on!"

I think Teresa isn't in a mental position to like herself enough, yet --- if she ever WILL be --- to see and recognize that she's an enabler for and contributor to her own abuse.

Example: I once had a co-worker with a husband like Juicy. And THIS SOB was NOT a drinker, either. Long story short, my co-worker suffered years of verbal, mental, emotional AND --- finally --- physical abuse from this jerk, WITH THEIR FIVE CHILDREN IN THE HOUSEHOLD AS WITNESSES.

Finally, there came that one day too many where they were going at it, and he raised his hand to beat the living daylights out of her.

AGAIN.

At that point, her 16-year-old daughter (the eldest) had had enough, and jumped into the fight to protect her mother. Her father grabbed her and slammed her into a wall.

THAT was the turning point for my co-worker, seeing her daughter get slammed into a wall by her father. She, for the first and only time in her life, jumped on her husband, beat the living daylights out of HIM, got her kids, got the hell out of there, THAT NIGHT, and never looked back.

It's a damn shame that it took her child flying into a wall to make something snap inside my former co-worker after taking YEARS of almost every type of abuse known to man from her spouse, in front of their kids. I suppose you could say that she DID eventually get there, before someone (her or one of the kids) got seriously injured or killed.

But it took a lot of years and a lot of ugliness -- the last incident being her daughter going into that wall --- that she and the kids had to see and feel, before she could do anything to help herself.

I honestly don't know if Teresa is ever going to be mentally solid enough to have a turning point of her own.

And that's frightening.

And I DO agree with you that part of the reason Teresa is usually such a bitch in her dealings with the others on the show IS that she doesn't cut loose with it under her OWN, roof, so, it stands to reason that some how, some way, sooner or later, the internal disgust and anger she feels FOR herself, WITHIN herself, HAS to manifest outwardly in being a bitch with almost everybody outside of the front door of her house.

Pitiful, pitiful woman.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread