+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Home sick with the flu I decided to watch this show..part anyway. This was worse than the flu.

Joey could divorce Melissa today & do a dating show with Teresa to find his perfect mate..allow her to choose his mate and still Teresa would not be happy. Joey got married & had a family. THEY should come first followed by his parents THEN by Teresa. Geeze...I would never expect any of my 3 siblings to ever pick me over their mates. I lost all respect for her & this show.

I pretty much lost it for Jacqui as well. If Ashlee doesn't have a clear plan about her future she can never come home so you pretty much dumped her on your brother's doorstep. Nice! I could have sworn last year Ashlee was going to college in California???
    ness likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Exactly!

Apparently, Teresa was not present and accounted for at her own wedding. At most/all of the weddings I've attended (including mine), there's usually a little line that says/goes:

" . . . and forsaking all others . . .

The way I --- and a lot of OTHER people, I think --- interpret that, those words mean that once you become one half of a married unit, the half of that unit is not YOU takes precedence over anyone else in your life, starting the very second that the officiant pronounces you husband and wife.

Teresa chose not to do that with Juicy. Then, she wants to turn around and pitch a bitch because her brother DID choose to put Melissa first in his life after they married?
    OMG!!!! I must be slow, cause I just figured it out. Teresa wants and needs to have Juicy Joe put her first in his life (even before HIMSELF), AND IN ADDITION she wants and needs her brother Joe Gorga to ALSO put her first in his life. In fact, come to think of it, she wants ALL of her friends and family to put her first in their lives!!!
    mom2 and ness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    OMG!!!! I must be slow, cause I just figured it out. Teresa wants and needs to have Juicy Joe put her first in his life (even before HIMSELF), AND IN ADDITION she wants and needs her brother Joe Gorga to ALSO put her first in his life. In fact, come to think of it, she wants ALL of her friends and family to put her first in their lives!!!
    If YOU'RE slow, then I think I must be, too, because what you've said above makes a LOT of sense, to me.

It's blatantly obvious that Teresa wants and NEEDS to be the center of her brother's world. Even though most normal, grown-up relationships usually dictate that when a close sib/family member marries, the focus of that person's life then becomes their spouse.

And now that you've mentioned it, that facet of Teresa's personality carries over into her dealings with the REST of her family and friends, too. At least I can see it that way. Examples: That blanket cookbook "apology" not too long before the basement donnybrook at Jac's. The dust-up SHE started with Kathy on the beach LAST season. The crap she started at the christening after-party ("I said congratulations once, but I'll say it again!") that her drunken brother allowed to push him over the edge. Which she pretty much KNEW/HOPED was gonna happen, I think, and it DID. And on, and on, and on.

Juicy? I can agree with that, too. Remember when she was regaling him with HER version of what went down between her and Melissa at the Solstice party? Watching that, to me, kind of felt like watching a bigger, black-haired version of one of her daughters showing off for Daddy, currying his favor. It actually made me feel kind of nauseous, when I watched it. And I really cracked up when the thought hit me that Teresa was hot with her brother for telling Melissa what she'd said about gold digging, but had NO compunction about carrying dirt back to Juicy about the dust-up she'd had with Melissa at the party. If Teresa REALLY wasn't looking to start mess/keep mess going (or didn't feel that SHE was guilty of doing so), she wouldn't've even bothered to mention it to Juicy, in the first place. And just in case somebody else DID bring it up to him and she hadn't told him about it, IF he asked her about it later on and WHY she didn't bring it up to him (if she WASN'T about needing to be in everybody's spotlight, that is!), it would've been too easy for her to say something along the lines of: "Yeah, we had a convo at the party, but it was SO not important to me that it wasn't even important enough to me for me to bring it up to YOU, so I didn't! Next?"

I have no Ph.D. or M.D. degrees, BUT . . .

I've said this before and I'll say it again, now . . .

In all seriousness, Teresa appears to be a sick, sick woman that clearly needs professional help. She's got what seem to be major insecurity issues (i.e., "ME! ME! ME! 24/7! ALL TERESA, ALL THE TIME!!!! LOVE ME OR GET LOST!!!!!!!"), materialistic issues, jealousy issues, and defense issues.

At LEAST. There's probably MORE going on there, too.

Honestly, I agree with what Rich said . . . At some point, in order to save yourself, you've got to cut off/out whatever it is that's causing you real problems and damage.

In THIS case, that would be Teresa, I think.

And if her friends and family were smart, they'd get tired of the rigamarole, vote her off the island, and let her sit by herself (she might as WELL be by herself; Juicy SURE ain't nothin' to write home about!) for a long while to see if she can FINALLY put it together, look in the mirror, and place the blame for a lot (or most, truth be told) of this crap where it belongs:

ON HERSELF.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 05-20-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

My thoughts on Tree and Juicy I really don't think Tree likes him does anyone notice she NEVER argues with him. EVER (she just stands there listening to him berate everyone). Yet she has NO problem arguing and screaming at everyone else.

And what exactly does Juicy do for her but EMBARASS her over and over again with all his stupid dumb idiotic behavior involving the LAW. Juicy is a LOSER. He brings NOTHING to their relationship. He is an embasrassment as a husband AND as a father.

I think as I watch Tree talk to Juicy that many many times I really do not believe she likes HIS thoughts on incidents that have happened with her with the other wives or with her bro and all Juicy says is "SO WHAT" or refer to them as "LOSERS" BUT yet Tree wants to hear something more from him then to call them "WITCHES" (with a B).

So back to what I was saying is Tree (I believe) is a very UNHAPPY person hence all her EVIL to everyone else when it should be directed at Juicy. JMHO. I think they have an awful marriage. Tree has 5 children and Juicy is the 5th one he is a LOOSE cannon I mean who takes their BROTHER's ID and attempts to get a Drivers License

Tree will NEVER leave Juicy because she would NEVER hear the end of it from the other wives but I really think she is unhappy with Juicy.
    ness and Imperfect1 like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    My thoughts on Tree and Juicy I really don't think Tree likes him does anyone notice she NEVER argues with him. EVER (she just stands there listening to him berate everyone). Yet she has NO problem arguing and screaming at everyone else.

And what exactly does Juicy do for her but EMBARASS her over and over again with all his stupid dumb idiotic behavior involving the LAW. Juicy is a LOSER. He brings NOTHING to their relationship. He is an embasrassment as a husband AND as a father.

I think as I watch Tree talk to Juicy that many many times I really do not believe she likes HIS thoughts on incidents that have happened with her with the other wives or with her bro and all Juicy says is "SO WHAT" or refer to them as "LOSERS" BUT yet Tree wants to hear something more from him then to call them "WITCHES" (with a B).

So back to what I was saying is Tree (I believe) is a very UNHAPPY person hence all her EVIL to everyone else when it should be directed at Juicy. JMHO. I think they have an awful marriage. Tree has 5 children and Juicy is the 5th one he is a LOOSE cannon I mean who takes their BROTHER's ID and attempts to get a Drivers License

Tree will NEVER leave Juicy because she would NEVER hear the end of it from the other wives but I really think she is unhappy with Juicy.
    Very good points and observations, momrek06!

I agree that Teresa doesn't like him and that she chooses not to argue with him. Example: When they do shots of the two of them in the car, it's usually Teresa that's driving. Juicy is riding shotgun. They're discussing something. Teresa's trying to get her say in/make her point(s), and Juicy usually ends up snapping at her to "Shut up!". Many of us would not at ALL put up with that kind of behavior for any length of time from what is supposed to be our significant other. And, even if we DID suffer the fool gladly for any amount of time at all --- for appearances' sake, not wanting to walk, get divorced, etc., etc. --- sometime, somewhere, someHOW, SOME of us are gonna rise up off the floor we've allowed ourselves to be put on, swinging for our lives as we go. Why? BECAUSE AT THAT POINT, WE MOST LIKELY WOULD'VE GOTTEN SOME SCINTILLA OF SELF-RESPECT BACK AND WOULD GIVE AS GOOD AS WE GOT BECAUSE WE KNEW THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL WE DESERVED WHAT WE WERE GETTING.

Take a look at Teresa's face when he's verbally abusing her. It closes in on itself, becomes frozen, because she's hurt and angry at him speaking to her in that manner. You can see the hurt in her eyes. Her voice drops lower, to a quietly angry, or desperately pouring-oil-on-troubled-waters level (depending on whatever it is that's set him off THIS time).

And remember the time he got juiced up and started snapping at her in front of houseguests (not to mention trying to do a somersault for the girls, which resulted in him getting hurt?)? You could tell from her face, then, how very embarrassed she was to have others see him behave in this manner towards her. And the fact that he was --- for all intents and purposes --- close to being knee-walking drunk didn't help matters, and was really no excuse, either.

Sure, she likes Juicy's take on HER take on situations she faces with the other Housewives. She is so insecure, so needy, that she can't take a step back and realize just what a bastard this man is that she's married to. Maybe he WASN'T that way when they first started out, but he SURE is, now. I don't think Caroline, Jac, Melissa or Kathy would've been bothered with their men had they started behaving toward them in the fashion that Juicy does to Teresa. However, I honestly can't say that I could ever see ANY of their men being as stupid as he apparently is, in being close to, if not out-and-out verbally and/or emotionally abusive towards THEM as Juicy is to Teresa.

She, what, just turned 40? And they've been married ten or so years? I don't know for certain, but I'm almost willing to BET you that even at 30, Teresa went straight from her parents' house, to Juicy's. If that WAS the case, then she'd most likely always been in a home situation wherein there was ALWAYS a strong, possibly domineering male presence at the center of the household, that it revolved and spun around. And I am asking kindly that no one take offense to that statement; no harm was meant or intended. Just a thought/observation. Could anyone of Italian descent on the board possibly correct me if I might be wrong in thinking that that might be the case?

I DO agree with you that I don't believe Teresa would/will ever voluntarily leave Juicy. I DO think she'd have issues with what the other Housewives would/might say, to some extent, because of being delusional and wanting to paint a picture of perfect bliss inside of her home, even with the multitude of problems going on inside of it that have been publicly exposed OUTSIDE of it, now. Then again, she is already well aware that some of them are talking/speculating about her and her situation (even some of the GUYS are!).

But I also believe that an even bigger, deeper reason she probably won't ever leave Juicy the Loser is because that is her HUSBAND. She is supposed to STAND BY HER MAN, to her way of thinking. Right, wrong, good, bad or indifferent. And, let's face it, a life with JTL is all she's ever known for at least a decade, or so.

She can be a world-beater going out and earning the cheese, but she absolutely wouldn't be able to cope if she wasn't shackled to Juicy, loser, or not, I believe.

And right now, he's ALL she's got.

JMHO
    Last edited by ness; 05-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think Teresa has a conflicted ego. She's neither academically nor intellectually intelligent, but has plenty of hubris when she's in her own small NJ pond.

On Celebrity Apprentice, she was quiet as a mouse most of the time, rarely speaking unless pushed to the wall, not volunteering ideas until she knew she had to speak up or be dismissed. Her castmates treated her like a retarded child, and spoke about her as if she was just plain stupid. She finally had to take on Team leader, and flummoxed all over the place - couldn't even speak at the presentation w/o bumbling and stumbling over her own words.

Much different than the Teresa we see screeching and haranguing on RHNJ. She's a fraud, but one with aggressive desire to "be somebody". Her larger than life face/body/voice/hair and manner of dressing makes her an oddity worth watching. Scary weird, but kinda fascinating.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Prism, I think PART of the reason she went on CA, in the first place, was in order to try and counteract the dumb, loud, stupid impression she gave out to people who had only see the dumb, loud, stupid side of her that was shown and took precedence on RHONJ.

And she CERTAINLY at least gave credence to the dumb and stupid part of it during the Boardroom War the night she got fired, now DIDN'T she? And no, her presentation DURING the task itself didn't do her any favors, either! That was SO painful to watch, and effectively set her up for an exit later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Prism, I think PART of the reason she went on CA, in the first place, was in order to try and counteract the dumb, loud, stupid impression she gave out to people who had only see the dumb, loud, stupid side of her that was shown and took precedence on RHONJ.

And she CERTAINLY at least gave credence to the dumb and stupid part of it during the Boardroom War the night she got fired, now DIDN'T she? And no, her presentation DURING the task itself didn't do her any favors, either! That was SO painful to watch, and effectively set her up for an exit later on.
    It's a funny thing about watching RHs all these years - much as I diss and dismiss them, find fault, see them as wannabee oddballs, I found myself feeling sorry for Teresa on Celebrity Apprentice. It's as if she's some loony woman down the street who just cannot get her life together, and here she is on television making a damned fool of herself on CA.

A few CA castmates tried to give her backhanded compliments, but mostly they dismissed her as brainless. I agree that she's a spectacular lightweight, but nonetheless I pitied her. Still, she's an interesting specimen.
    ness likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    It's a funny thing about watching RHs all these years - much as I diss and dismiss them, find fault, see them as wannabee oddballs, I found myself feeling sorry for Teresa on Celebrity Apprentice. It's as if she's some loony woman down the street who just cannot get her life together, and here she is on television making a damned fool of herself on CA.

A few CA castmates tried to give her backhanded compliments, but mostly they dismissed her as brainless. I agree that she's a spectacular lightweight, but nonetheless I pitied her. Still, she's an interesting specimen.
    LOL!

" . . . an interesting specimen."

VERY cool, the way you worded that!

I have to say that I pitied her, too, on CA. I mean, come on . . . So, what you're a "celebrity" for is yelling, screaming, cursing, pushing a television host out of your way (A MAN!) so you can get down in the face of another "celebrity" harpy on your show, screaming full bore out in parking lots in unnecessary arguments with a family member . . .

And so on, and so forth.

Then, your husband drinks like a fish, allegedly plays around on you, gets you involved in a BK mess, goes to jail for ten days, uses his brother's ID to GET A DRIVER'S LICENSE (which he's STILL hanging fire for jail time for, I think!), yells at you and tells you to shut up whenever he feels the spirit move him to do so, tells your girls he's gonna beat their a$$es --- in FRONT of other people . . .

And so on, and so forth.

Then, to top it off, YOU --- for all intents and purposes --- are the burned-out bulb that's still screwed into the lamp light socket. Twist the switch all you want, there's juice, but since the bulb's DOA, until you get another one, you are shucks out of luck.

And, BTW, it turns out that YOUR burned-out bulb JUST HAPPENS TO BE SCREWED and GLUED INTO THE LAMP LIGHT SOCKET!?! An act of God Himself will probably not remove it, most likely.

Teresa IS pitiful. I really don't think that, inside, she means anybody any true harm. I ABSOLUTELY do not put her in the same boat as I would, say Lisa or Aubrey or Colton (Survivor). But, then again, she is definitely NOT good for herself, or any others around her in her orbit, either. Whether or not being in her orbit is by choice or by blood.

It's so sad.

As much as I've admittedly taken my fair share of hits at her, I can and do also say that she is a very sad, sad woman.

But, then again, she did choose to put her life out there, too.
    Last edited by ness; 05-20-2012 at 08:23 PM.

I think Gia needs a good butt whooping. I think it's funny that Jacq tries to teach Gia when she can't even take care of her own kid.
    Prism likes this.

+ Reply to Thread