+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Because the Momma's Boy (i.e., her SIL, to be correct) and his cousin (?) who were allegedly injured actually filed lawsuits in Chicago and Miami against Teresa, Juicy, ALL of the Manzos (yep, Al, Caroline and Lauren, too, apparently), as well as a Gregory Bennett person (probably a Bravo employee).
    I think he may be Chris and Albie's friend/roommate?
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I think he may be Chris and Albie's friend/roommate?
    Yes, that IS the roommate, and thanks for the correction, Rockytop!

MY BAD!

I think I was thinking Gregory Bennett was/might have been a Bravo employee, because I THINK some Bravo employees might have been named as defendants in those lawsuits, too!

See what thinking will do for ya?

DUH!!!!!!!!

LOL!
    Last edited by ness; 05-13-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Not that Bravo wouldn't stoop so low as to phony up a phone call in which Teresa was told that Melissa would leave Joe if a richer guy came along. . . I don't think they did. I don't think there was any phone call at all! I think Teresa is just a big LIAR!!! Yes, she loves her brother, but she loves her own feelings and her own need for superiority more!!! She needs for Melissa to be GONE more than she loves her brother. Sad, but probably true. And what's even sadder is that even if Teresa was 'lucky' enough to be able to get Melissa divorced from her brother, Melissa would still be in her life and in her face, because she would still be in the "neighborhood," she'd still be interacting on some level with Joe (because of the kids), and she'd still be involved with Teresa's former friends (i.e. the RHNJ castmates) because she would have pretty much turned all of her own friends against herself. And what's even worse, after all of this, Melissa and the gang would have even more reason for annoyance and hostility toward Teresa than they already do!
    Excellent post, Imperfect1!

This brings up a whole 'nother level of intrigue, manipulation and crazy on Teresa's part that hadn't even crossed my mind.

And I can clearly see THIS being a possibility, too.

And to take it a bit further . . .

For the sake of poops and giggles, let's say Teresa WAS successful in having a hand in getting Melissa and Joe divorced, and they went their separate ways.

Teresa would still have to deal with the fallout of Melissa being around in her life 'til death did them part, because of the kids, etc. BUT . . . I ALSO think that there's no way in HELL that Poison --- seeing that he is who he is --- would NOT get remarried, and most likely, have MORE kids!!!

Since Teresa seems to come across as not wanting Joe hooked up with ANYONE else at ALL, wouldn't THAT be a kick in the pants for her????

Methinks she'd better be very, very careful what she wishes for, because she JUST MIGHT WIND UP GETTING IT!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 05-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    GabbyG likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Interesting posts, Imperfect1 and ness. I strongly suspect that Teresa has zero freinds, certainly none who hang out with her and gossip. As far as the RHoNJ ladies, I remember reading that Dina was her only real friend among them. Dina was her best friend and she knew the members of family. I think she and Jac hit it off, too, because the relationship did seem genuine on the show. Caroline and Albert, not so much. Caroline has actually said on air that they were never friends, but acquaintances. We saw Caroline beginning to distance herself from Teresa after Tre's meltdowns/animalistic behavior at the country club and the Season 2 reunion. After the bar brawl where her sons and Albert were detained by the police I think she was done with Teresa entirely in a social way.

The reason we did not see the brawl footage is probably because the Bravo crew is alleged to have encouraged it when it began and gleefuly filmed the entire thing. Both Bravo and Hardrock are co-defendants in the lawsuit brought against the cast members and that footage is evidence.
    I'm with you, Poppy, re Teresa having no friends now, and Dina and Jac being her only friends out of the RHONJ crew, at one point. And I DO recall hearing Caroline say on air that they were never friends, but acquaintances. But, I also seem to remember hearing Caroline --- at various times, on air --- refer to Teresa as a friend. A friend who'd abused their friendship. I seem to recall, too, that TERESA certainly seemed to think that they were friends at some point, anyway.

But, then again, that's TERESA'S take on the situation.

Still and all (I think it was the first show of this season --- Ooops! There I go, THINKING again!), remember when Teresa made a big deal of taking Caroline outside to "apologize and explain" to Caroline for those remarks she'd made about/implied regarding Caroline and the Olive Garden, and Boys to Manzo and their car wash thingy in her cookbook? If you didn't consider that the person you were apologizing and explaining to was a friend of yours, why would you even bother?

So, I tend to think that at some point, Teresa DID feel that Caroline had become a friend of hers, too.

Yep, Caroline DID back up off Teresa socially quick, fast and in a hurry after the table flip and the S2 reunion. And I do believe that the Caribbean bar brawl put the nail in the coffin regarding them hooking up as part of the NJ ladies' posse.

About the footage, after the lawsuits flew, I'm thinking that whoever the judges were in the cases, they issued immediate orders/injunctions forbidding ANY of that footage to be aired (probably at the request of the attorneys for the Chicago guys that got stomped by the NJ crew). Even to the point of ANY of the cast being shown in the bar at all, on the show. And maybe the lawyers DIDN'T have to ask; after all, most any person would realize that any film/tape of a situation wherein people wound up getting injured would be crucial to any follow-up legal action, and for that reason, should NOT be aired nationally in a TV show.

I guess.

I remember reports that the Bravo cameras were definitely rolling when this occurred, and I think the only way Bravo wouldn't air that footage would be under a judicial order. They aired footage of a Christening brawl, therefore it's no stretch to imagine that a bar brawl would right up their alley.

I also believe the following events occurred: Caroline began to see Teresa's true colors (or what being on reality tv did to change her) with the Danielle drama and reunion stuff.

I believe reports that Teresa was under the influence, sloshed her drink on other patrons, their men got involved, then the NJ men jumped in to protect the women. Because of that, they were all listed on the lawsuit instead of just Teresa and Joe Guidice. Caroline let that be the final straw, Teresa's actions getting her boys in legal trouble, and she was done with her from then on.
    ness likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

This show is becoming more and more nothing but a big bore....with very unappealing opinionated people.
    They had some pretty good drama in the first season but that's over and it's punishment to watch, rather a interesting way to spend an hour.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Good thing it's only a half-hour show. Seriously, it is boring and you are right, DL. I see it as more comedic than anything else.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Ho Ho Hum.... fifty minutes into a five minute show- It seemed like the same five minutes looping over and over and over.....
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I'm still enjoying it. Don't know what that says about me exactly, but this is one I'm still watching.

Just to see the delusional thinking, then the expression begging the audience to see it their way ... priceless.

Teresa got married, failed to put her husband first (she just admitted that on camera to Joe) and then was hacked off that Joe didn't reciprocate when he got married. It's a strange brother/sister relationship, and Teresa doesn't get that the spouse and kids have to come first. That's life, sweetheart.

OH, and I just love when Teresa speaks Italian to her brother/family to keep it private, and Bravo provides the translation for us. Thanks Bravo!
    ness, lilcountriegal and sparklete like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I'm still enjoying it. Don't know what that says about me exactly, but this is one I'm still watching.

Just to see the delusional thinking, then the expression begging the audience to see it their way ... priceless.

Teresa got married, failed to put her husband first (she just admitted that on camera to Joe) and then was hacked off that Joe didn't reciprocate when he got married. It's a strange brother/sister relationship, and Teresa doesn't get that the spouse and kids have to come first. That's life, sweetheart.

OH, and I just love when Teresa speaks Italian to her brother/family to keep it private, and Bravo provides the translation for us. Thanks Bravo!
    Exactly!

Apparently, Teresa was not present and accounted for at her own wedding. At most/all of the weddings I've attended (including mine), there's usually a little line that says/goes:

" . . . and forsaking all others . . .

The way I --- and a lot of OTHER people, I think --- interpret that, those words mean that once you become one half of a married unit, the half of that unit is not YOU takes precedence over anyone else in your life, starting the very second that the officiant pronounces you husband and wife.

Teresa chose not to do that with Juicy. Then, she wants to turn around and pitch a bitch because her brother DID choose to put Melissa first in his life after they married?

Please.

She just gets crazier and crazier.

That conversation between them ranks as one of the saddest, most painful things I think I might've ever seen on TV. I don't know how many times her brother tried to get her to understand and acknowledge that she was off base expecting him to diss Melissa in favor of her. She even took him to task for telling Melissa what she'd told him about the possibility of Melissa leaving him for greener pastures. He finally (!) got tired of it, got up and half walked away half stomped off. Because no matter HOW hard he tried to get her to see that she was WRONG, she KEPT on twisting and turning whatever he tried to say around to where all of the trouble that exists between them is HIS fault, because in HER mind, it is.

And to top it off, when he does the sensible thing and opts out of trying to talk to her, she gets mad (as usual) and storms to the door, calling for her kid(s) and saying she's leaving.

Melissa was right: "Coward! Do what you ALWAYS do! RUN AWAY!"

She definitely IS a coward AND a bully, because cowardly bullies will steamroll you until and unless you stand your ground and call them out about how they treat you. And when you DO call them out on their crap, they'll more likely than not take to their heels and run.

Teresa needs serious psychological help.

And the deal about her speaking Italian and TPTB very lovingly providing us with English subtitles of what she's saying?

Too funny. I laugh every time she does that and they translate her words.

Obviously, Teresa also hasn't figured out yet that Bravo doesn't give a damn about her, except what drama she can keep going so they can continue to have decent or high ratings on RHONJ. Or maybe she DOES already know it and is using them, too, to try to keep the ducats rolling in and herself in the limelight.

This woman is just straight-up pitiful.
    Last edited by ness; 05-16-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    prhoshay, mom2, elleprn and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread