+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 751 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157557 ... LastLast
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Kiz

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I read an article that described the $750 money issue that Dina had with Danielle.

...Bravo didn't plan on paying the housewives, but sister Caroline Manzo and Chris Laurita, her brother and Jacqueline Laurita's husband, consulted with an entertainment lawyer, who managed to negotiate salaries -- "a few thousand dollars" -- for each of them.

Staub didn't want to pay a portion of the lawyer's fees, and was nasty about it, Manzo says. But what really made Manzo want to "kick her ass" was when Staub repeatedly called Laurita about the blow-up, even though Laurita was then recovering from the latest in a series of miscarriages.

But Staub claims she negotiated her contract on her own, so she didn't feel she needed to chip in. She also says that Laurita had been calling her, not the other way around, and that she hooked Laurita up with the doctor who helped her and Chris get pregnant and carry their new baby to term -- Nicholas was born last week -- "so yeah, that's about all I'm gonna say about that."
    'Real Housewives of New Jersey' finale: The real story behind Danielle Staub and Dina Manzo's feud - Celebrities - NJ.com

I guess that explains why the initial blow-up between those two was kept under wraps. It was about getting paid for the show. Ironic, that it was Chris and Jacqueline that took up for Danielle in the end, since it was Chris who was owed the money for the lawyer at the get-go.
    Last edited by Kiz; 06-18-2009 at 08:20 PM.

The Last Supper is on. Looks like we're getting the pre- & post-Teresa table flipping drama.

FORT Regular

...Bravo didn't plan on paying the housewives...
    Given I don't believe this first sentence, I find it difficult to lend credibility to the rest. I find it completely unbelievable that any of them would consider joining the show & allowing it to exploit their families' privacy without compensation.

...Caroline Manzo and Chris Laurita, her brother and Jacqueline Laurita's husband, consulted with an entertainment lawyer...

...But what really made [Dina] Manzo want to "kick her ass" was when [Danielle] Staub repeatedly called Laurita about the blow-up, even though Laurita was then recovering from the latest in a series of miscarriages...
    How did compensating the attorney concern Dina & translate into Danielle spreading "lies" about her personally? Further, did they negotiate a "few thousand dollars" in compensation or the "thousands & thousands" as she previously stated?

Again, I find Dina's story incomplete, unsubstantiated, & lacking credibility.
    Last edited by *angela; 06-18-2009 at 09:09 PM.

anyone watching? Man i love this season cant wait for reunion (except I wish theyd get a different host!!)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am loving how innocent and well-meaning Danielle is trying to sound now. This broad is crazy as hell. What a piece of work...and to be discussing and dissecting the whole thing with her daughters...
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pretty enlightening, I must say. And I'll also say:

Table flipping is not a New Jersey thing (not sure which of Caroline's sons made that assertion)

Jacqueline siding with Danielle does not hurt her in-laws (really, Caroline, WTH?)

Danielle really has to stop speaking to her daughters as if they are her peers (and stop smoking while she's at it)

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3510669 View Post
    anyone watching? Man i love this season cant wait for reunion (except I wish theyd get a different host!!)
    And it's in two parts!

Andy always ends up asking most of the questions I want him to, so he's OK w/me.

Kiz

I hope the host asks where in the heck that book came from. Was it planted by Bravo, did Danielle slip it to a waiter to bring to her sometime during the dinner..? No way was it in that thin handbag she carried in.

I was so sad when Danielle's daughter said she was glad Jacqueline stood up for her mom, because she thought she was going to have to.

Everytime Teresa says she has class, I gag, well, and giggle too. She's delusional.

I still find the whole thing so bizarre.

Danelle- Just weird. While I realize her need to confront these people; I don't think the dinner was the appropriate place. But, as other suggested- she was probably told to by Bravo.

Dina- It's not hard to believe that she lies and has probably lied about the whole situation. She probably needed to be told off so I'm not that sorry for her.

Caroline- While wanting to stick up for your family is comendable, I think she goes overboard on the whole thing making it almost comical and sad. I can't stop thinking about how much she and Joe look alike. Mafia Wars is probably her favorite game on facebook.

Jacqualine- I'm glad she stood up to her sister in laws and glad her husband was on her side. She married a good man it seems and he was the only one with any sense in that whole family.

Teresea- She had crazy eyes while she was flipping the table- so help me she had CRAZY EYES!!!! That whole thing was just bizarre. I think she was drunk by that time and she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer anyways. I think anything would have set her off. Yelling and table flipping is not appropriate in front of your kids, but telling everyone about how your husband makes you sore and having everyone comment on your boobies including the men in front of them is ok. I can't stop thinking that those girls will not be allowed to be anything other than pretty little playthings.

FORT Fanatic

If I were Jacqueline, I would pack up my family and move back to Vegas.

+ Reply to Thread