+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3474Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

You're great, too, Ness! I keep up with your posts even on threads I don't follow, for the sheer enjoyment of reading them.
    ness likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    You're great, too, Ness! I keep up with your posts even on threads I don't follow, for the sheer enjoyment of reading them.
    Aw. THANKS, Poppy!

I love and enjoy reading everybody's posts here, too, and seeing ideas and angles to things that might not've crossed my mind.

The FoRT is a LOT of fun!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll "third" that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I watched for the first time this season and am I the only one who thinks Joe Gorga is extremely creepy? He, IMO, is bordering on Perv....
    LOL You're right about Joe Gorga, norealityhere. And lucky for you, that you didn't watch last season because he was even more perved out ---- BUT, in Joe's defense, he really, really loves (and is totally hot for) his wife. So, I have to say, GOOD FOR HIM!!!! (And good for both of them, cause she seems to love him a lot too --- She just doesn't want him all over her all the time. . . )
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    As for the two Joes: and ....need I say more? Why, why, why do men continue to think that those "hangy-things" are sooooooo important!!!????
    LOL! Would you believe that years ago, in college, I actually wrote a thesis about the absurdity of men's belief that their self-worth was in direct proportion to their feelings about their balls!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    LOL You're right about Joe Gorga, norealityhere. And lucky for you, that you didn't watch last season because he was even more perved out ---- BUT, in Joe's defense, he really, really loves (and is totally hot for) his wife. So, I have to say, GOOD FOR HIM!!!! (And good for both of them, cause she seems to love him a lot too --- She just doesn't want him all over her all the time. . . )
    Agreed!

Whatever else any of us may think about Poison and The Chanteuse, I believe they really, truly love each other. No, I can't say I blame her for not wanting him all over her all the time, or wanting him to slow down/stop the sleazy hints, but I really do believe they love each other.

Seeing as how some people never find love at all in their lifetime, more power to 'em!

One way Gorga TRULY messed up, though . . .

Why, oh WHY would he tell Melissa about what Teresa told him she "heard" about Melissa?

I'm sorry, but to me, there was NO excuse for that.

He either doesn't have brains enough to see the nose on his face where those two are concerned, or he really, honestly thought (perhaps) that Melissa would let that roll and not be hurt or concerned about it, at all.

I'm thinking the former, mostly, but either way, I HOPE without meaning to, he's responsible to a lesser degree (in that situation) for keeping mess going as much as Teresa is. She played her brother, and he ALLOWED himself to be played by actually telling Melissa about what Teresa said.

Sometimes, this all gets to be SO grade school!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I really find it improbable that this phone convo ever took place. Teresa can certainly seem vindictive and petty, but I believe she loves her brother and would not deliberately hurt him this way. Truly, I think the phone call is nothing but Bravo-created psudo drama. Fodder, as it were.
    ness likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I really find it improbable that this phone convo ever took place. Teresa can certainly seem vindictive and petty, but I believe she loves her brother and would not deliberately hurt him this way. Truly, I think the phone call is nothing but Bravo-created psudo drama. Fodder, as it were.
    I'll give you credit, Poppy . . .

On this show, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING could be possible.

I'll acknowledge that it is entirely possible that the phone call between Teresa and Joe wherein she told him she "heard" that "comments" were being made about Melissa (i.e., that if she found a more loaded gravy train, she'd drop Teresa's brother like a bad habit) COULD HAVE BEEN ENGINEERED BY THE BRAVO CHIEFS, AS WELL.

Why? Teresa DOES love her brother. I don't think she would've DELIBERATELY wanted to have hurt him.

But . . . she DID acknowledge ON TAPE that she'd told him that she'd "heard things" about Melissa, said "things" being: "If a richer man came along . . ." yada, yada, yada. Remember when she was talking to Jac and told her that? Then, at the solstice party, she talked to Rosie about it when Rosie pulled her to the side? Then, she talked to Melissa herself about what she said outside in the parking area at the solstice party when Melissa confronted her about it? Now, perhaps NOT at the party itself, I DO recall that at one point, Teresa was pissed and ranting about how could Joe have told Melissa anything, when what she told him was meant for HIM, NOT Melissa, NOT Rosie, NOT ANYBODY. Teresa sure as hell wasn't expecting that Joe would've said anything to Melissa about what she'd said to him.

But she met her pa drunk, on that one.

Husband and wife deal vs. sister and brother deal?

Of course, the husband and wife side would be likely to win out.

And MORE of the other side of the fence on the probability of that call actually happening, SOMETIME, for me, is that TERESA CAN NOT STAND MELISSA. I almost hate to say it, but I happen to agree with Caroline regarding her saying that Teresa wouldn't be happy about Joe and Melissa until she saw divorce papers between the two of them.

So, yeah, from that end of it, I CAN see that talk between her and Joe happening. Even though WE may not've heard or seen anything of it on air.

But, then again, this wouldn't be the FIRST time that something possibly/most likely happened on this show, and we were never made privy --- through the actual, aired show --- of specifically what it was that was said/done when it actually went down.

Perfect example and case in point:

The bar brawl in the Caribbean.

Funny, but on the show where the footage should've/would've popped up, NO footage ever popped up. In addition, I don't --- right now --- even recall seeing a shot of any of 'em in the bar, BEFORE all hell broke loose. As far as I know of while I'm typing this right now, it was never even VAGUELY referred to on the show at all.

As improbable as it would seem at first hearing that the Jersey crew went ape (with cameras around, mind you) and something bad happened in the bar in Punta Cana after they did, I TOTALLY believe something bad DID happen. Why? Because the Momma's Boy (i.e., her SIL, to be correct) and his cousin (?) who were allegedly injured actually filed lawsuits in Chicago and Miami against Teresa, Juicy, ALL of the Manzos (yep, Al, Caroline and Lauren, too, apparently), as well as a Gregory Bennett person (probably a Bravo employee).

Those lawsuits were filed almost a year ago.

So far, nothing else has been seen, heard or said about the outcome of that, far as I know, since.

Could that perhaps be because the aggrieved parties got some kind of decent settlement from Bravo, with the admonition attached that NOT ONE WORD WAS EVER TO BE SPOKEN OR BREATHED ABOUT WHAT THE ACTUAL OUTCOME OF THE SUITS WERE? By ANY party on EITHER side?

I can wrap my mind around that.

So, yeah, while I think it may be probable that the Teresa/Joe re Melissa conversation never took place, I can also see where it might've. And I can DEFINITELY buy into such a conversation being engineered by the Bravo Big Cheeses with Teresa, whether or not it DID happen.

Just another viewpoint.

Not that Bravo wouldn't stoop so low as to phony up a phone call in which Teresa was told that Melissa would leave Joe if a richer guy came along. . . I don't think they did. I don't think there was any phone call at all! I think Teresa is just a big LIAR!!! Yes, she loves her brother, but she loves her own feelings and her own need for superiority more!!! She needs for Melissa to be GONE more than she loves her brother. Sad, but probably true. And what's even sadder is that even if Teresa was 'lucky' enough to be able to get Melissa divorced from her brother, Melissa would still be in her life and in her face, because she would still be in the "neighborhood," she'd still be interacting on some level with Joe (because of the kids), and she'd still be involved with Teresa's former friends (i.e. the RHNJ castmates) because she would have pretty much turned all of her own friends against herself. And what's even worse, after all of this, Melissa and the gang would have even more reason for annoyance and hostility toward Teresa than they already do!
    ness, GabbyG and lilcountriegal like this.

Interesting posts, Imperfect1 and ness. I strongly suspect that Teresa has zero freinds, certainly none who hang out with her and gossip. As far as the RHoNJ ladies, I remember reading that Dina was her only real friend among them. Dina was her best friend and she knew the members of family. I think she and Jac hit it off, too, because the relationship did seem genuine on the show. Caroline and Albert, not so much. Caroline has actually said on air that they were never friends, but acquaintances. We saw Caroline beginning to distance herself from Teresa after Tre's meltdowns/animalistic behavior at the country club and the Season 2 reunion. After the bar brawl where her sons and Albert were detained by the police I think she was done with Teresa entirely in a social way.

The reason we did not see the brawl footage is probably because the Bravo crew is alleged to have encouraged it when it began and gleefuly filmed the entire thing. Both Bravo and Hardrock are co-defendants in the lawsuit brought against the cast members and that footage is evidence.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread