+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3306Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

The Manzos and Lauritas are involved in a huge infringement suit by the owner of the "original" Black Water (now called BLK). It is alleged that Chris Laurita stole the idea and formula while acting as a marketing consultant for the product.

Albert Manzo was fired from his 80K state job for falsifying information. Now the state wants all of the money paid in salary to him returned. The Manzo boys are being sued (along with other cast members) for injuries they inflicted on two men in that huge barroom ball in the Caribbean.

The Lauritas are charged with bankruptcy fraud - basically for chanelling away all of the business's profits prior to filing for BK.

Of course, Juicy is facing prison time for fraudulently acquiring and using a driver's license (one he could use while his "real" license is under suspension), while both he and Teresa are defendants in the barroom brawl lawsuit.

You can Google all of the above for links and details. I imagine these are just the legal problems we are aware of.

ETA: I would add that there's speculation on the HW gossip sites that the Gorgas are living far above their means and may not be able to make a gigantic balloon payment coming due on their McMansion.

While not a legal issue, it seems that there is bad blood between Teresa and Caroline over their relationships with Dina. Caroline is reportedly "done" with Teresa because of this, not because Teresa is a sh*t stirrer with her Gorga brother and cousins.

I have to wonder why, with all this genuine drama going on in their lives, Bravo resorts to fake black eyes, Ashlee drama, and phone calls that never happened..
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    ness likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rather rowdy bunch, aren't they?
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Tre's family had no problem coming on a show to run her down so why she worry about their wuddle feelings. Tre had what 2 seasons before bravo went and found these hooligans and brought them on the show. Tre never ran her family down like Melissa and Tre nasty excuse for a brother has talked about her. If they don't like Tre then maybe they should keep her name off their tongues. They can't though can they because otherwise they become irrelevant they have no life without talking about,running down and or mocking Tre. So Tre is the one keeping them all employed.

What else would we have to watch on the show. The Laurita's pretending they aren't having their own money problems. I know we would be watching Caroline find more ways to call her daughter fat. We can watch Melissa make Kim Zolciak sound like an Opera singer or watch Kathy's eyes roll around in her head as she finds more reasons to continue to discuss Tre.

Yeah this show would be canceled if they did not have Tre to talk about.
    I had a smile reading this because 2 years ago I was posting the same thing about Danielle! Without the D drama there wasn't much happening. I guess it's a theme with Bravo because they have been doing the same thing with Tre since they canned D. Teresa's the new Danielle.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-10-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Tre's family had no problem coming on a show to run her down so why she worry about their wuddle feelings. Tre had what 2 seasons before bravo went and found these hooligans and brought them on the show. Tre never ran her family down like Melissa and Tre nasty excuse for a brother has talked about her. If they don't like Tre then maybe they should keep her name off their tongues. They can't though can they because otherwise they become irrelevant they have no life without talking about,running down and or mocking Tre. So Tre is the one keeping them all employed.

What else would we have to watch on the show. The Laurita's pretending they aren't having their own money problems. I know we would be watching Caroline find more ways to call her daughter fat. We can watch Melissa make Kim Zolciak sound like an Opera singer or watch Kathy's eyes roll around in her head as she finds more reasons to continue to discuss Tre.

Yeah this show would be canceled if they did not have Tre to talk about.
    LOL!

IIRC, Teresa went bat$h*t about Melissa, her brother, and Kathy coming on in the first place (BEFORE ONE MINUTE OF TAPE OF THEM EVEN AIRED!) because --- she says --- Bravo didn't tell her the Gorgas and Kathy were coming on the show. Matter of fact, that actually came out of her mouth during the last three-part (?) reunion show they did after Season 3 had officially wrapped (Jac was nowhere to be found, BTW), while they were filming Season 4 at the same time.

I'm sorry, but I almost broke a rib laughing when she said that. If Teresa felt secure within herself, then she wouldn't've been worried if Bravo signed Melissa, Joe, Kathy, the Tooth Fairy, or Mother Mary Herself. Besides, Bravo didn't and doesn't have to answer to Teresa about who they choose to sign to appear on the show, so why in the world would Teresa actually raise her blood pressure over who they signed? When SHE works for THEM? Why were HER feelings hurt?

The Bravo PTB are just as much players, $hi*t-stirrers and rabble-rousers as Teresa is, because they knew or found out that there was animosity between Teresa, the Gorgas and Kathy. So, yeah, they'd want to keep the RHONJ fire burning by bringing them on. WHERE the animosity was coming from (i.e., Teresa to the trio or vice versa) didn't matter a damn to them. And also, by then, they were MORE than well-aware of how Teresa would probably react to those three coming on, because by that time she had MORE than proven herself to be MORE than capable of acting as the catalyst for the NJ hurricane. So, if their intentions were honorable and golden, why DIDN'T they just tell/mention it around to the cast (and not just Teresa, personally) so that Teresa would've known it?

And by that time, I think Teresa had pretty much mentally cast herself as the "star" of the show, anyway, so that played into why she was so pissed when the three of them were signed. She'd made herself a legend in her own mind.

Yeah, TPTB at Bravo knew EXACTLY who and what they were dealing with as regards Teresa, and they played her like a fiddle.

Let's call it what it is: No hurricane + No ratings = NO SHOW.

And don't get me wrong. There are NO saints here, clear across the board.

Joe Gorga? Yeah, he's a male skank. And I think that he's playing that up for the camera even more than he normally would if he'd never seen a mic or a camera crew up close and personal in his life.

Melissa? Sure, she came on to stick Teresa with a pitchfork every now and again. AND get her "singing career" off the ground (auto-tune is a WONDERFUL thing, ain't it?? Her second song sounded a bit better than her first, but me, I wouldn't put money down for EITHER of them, frankly!), too.

Kathy? Came on to fill the role of: "The Good One Who Doesn't Understand WHY Teresa is So Upset With Her, But Will Carry On With Head Held High, Platters of Home-Made Cookies, and Hum "Cumbaya", When Necessary".

And the REST of em?

Please.

Snoozefest, fer SURE.

Of course, Teresa is the lightning rod for this show. Of COURSE, if she wasn't around, the show most likely not be, either, and NONE of 'em would be getting paid.

But TERESA --- intentionally, or not --- set herself up to be the villain after Danielle bounced, and she's filling that role to a T(eresa). She's in a special class of crazy, all by her lonesome, and she's the one who PUT herself in that position.

Her family could NOT have done that by themselves, I don't think.

Just my random humble thoughts, observations and opinions.

mom2, GabbyG, momrek06 and 3 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Think about how much easier their lives could/would/should have been if they hadn't decided to pimp themselves out for a part of a short term reality show. TMZ, People, US Weekly would not have been following your every move & millions of "fans" would not have been bothered to look up your dirty knickers. Was it all worth it in the end?

Stopped watching..longgg ago & yet nothing has changed except now there are lawsuits, criminal & civil, WHY??? So somebody knew your name???
    ness and momrek06 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Every single one of them is convinced the other side is "just jealous" of them. Most people got over that in high school, or maybe just after.

Kathy is totally content with her life, she's not jealous of anyone. And as far as I know, there are no lawsuits against her family.

Melissa and Teresa trying to prove to the other that their life is better is pathetic. I'd like to see the kids playing together, and less girl drama from all 4 "adults".

How Caroline manages to keep private what she wants kept private is a mystery. Neither she nor Dina (nor Jacqueline) sell their story to tabloids, as far as I know. And Bravo has not tried to expose/exploit the tension between them, either.
    ness and momrek06 like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think viewers got excited years ago with this "Housewife" type of show....being able to peep into these uber rich people and their lives, watching all the designer clothes, fancy houses, diamonds and Rolex watches, etc. Let's not forget all those high heels! Funny how people used to make fun of housewives in the '50's for wearing high heels and pearls while "house-wife-ing but now the only difference with these women and the Donna Reed types were that the ones in the past at least did their own housekeeping and raised their kids.
    Now it's all beginning to wear off as we begin to see they are all frauds and posers.
    To begin with, their persona must be somewhat suspect to put your whole life out there for the rest of the world to judge and pick apart. Based on all the posts I've read here, I doubt there's anyone on this site that would be foolish enough to do that.
    So we're left with people who are crass, petty, greedy, have lousy taste in homes and decorating who once had some money.
    Just judging from all the great items that Poppy Fields posted here about their financials, tells us exactly who/what they are. Almost all the men seem to be capable of some illegal manipulations. And yes, I know "innocent until convicted" stuff but if it looks like a duck, etc etc.
    Being 100% Italian, I can say, the men probably have some "connections," if you know what I mean.
    I'm pretty sure it happened with my father earlier in his life because, altho I'll never really know for sure, there's some unexplained situations that point to this for my brother and I. There was never any proof, arrests, suspicions, etc but we still wonder what went on.
    Sorry, I went off on a tangent there..... but I think we're all realizing just what we're dealing with. All the fancy trappings surrounding them is not enough. And that goes for all the other Housewives. I think I'm pretty much done with them all although I'll be watching the RHNY...gotta see the new ones.

This is the only Housewives show that would still be entertaining without the drama. In fact, the episode at the mountain cabin, when everyone was getting along, was hysterical. And I love the ham game. It seems like the series is ruining this family, though, and that's sad.

BTW, whatever happened to the spinoff that was supposed to feature the Manzo boys?

Bravo never said they were getting a spin0ff, but gossip sites did. And so did the boys. What they got was a "trial" web show which only ran for 7 very brief "webisodes" in May and June last year before it died due to general lack of traffic to the link.

Since the only people who would have seen the link were visitors already on bravotv.com, I think it must have been rather embarrassing for them.

You can probably still see it here:

Search for boys to manzo
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 05-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The Manzos and Lauritas are involved in a huge infringement suit by the owner of the "original" Black Water (now called BLK). It is alleged that Chris Laurita stole the idea and formula while acting as a marketing consultant for the product.

Albert Manzo was fired from his 80K state job for falsifying information. Now the state wants all of the money paid in salary to him returned. The Manzo boys are being sued (along with other cast members) for injuries they inflicted on two men in that huge barroom ball in the Caribbean.

The Lauritas are charged with bankruptcy fraud - basically for chanelling away all of the business's profits prior to filing for BK.

Of course, Juicy is facing prison time for fraudulently acquiring and using a driver's license (one he could use while his "real" license is under suspension), while both he and Teresa are defendants in the barroom brawl lawsuit.

You can Google all of the above for links and details. I imagine these are just the legal problems we are aware of.

ETA: I would add that there's speculation on the HW gossip sites that the Gorgas are living far above their means and may not be able to make a gigantic balloon payment coming due on their McMansion.

While not a legal issue, it seems that there is bad blood between Teresa and Caroline over their relationships with Dina. Caroline is reportedly "done" with Teresa because of this, not because Teresa is a sh*t stirrer with her Gorga brother and cousins.

I have to wonder why, with all this genuine drama going on in their lives, Bravo resorts to fake black eyes, Ashlee drama, and phone calls that never happened..

Hiya, Poppy!

Thanks SO much for your thorough detailing of the financial/friendship/family/legal woes of the RHONJ cast.

Caroline, Teresa and Dina.

I DO recall that there was a flap between Caroline and Teresa which centered around Dina. IIRC, that was a BIG, BIG bone of contention between the two of them during the S3 reunion show. At one point, I wouldn't've been surprised if Caroline had actually come up off that couch and clocked Teresa, she was SO mad. Bottom line, the only thing I did gather from that was that Caroline seemed to be pissed at Teresa because there apparently was some sort of breakdown between herself and Dina (it came across as though the two sisters weren't even speaking to each other, at that point), and Caroline was holding Teresa responsible for that.

Yep, that was a mess, and I don't think Caroline and Dina have patched things up yet, even though from what I gather, Dina is set to pop up on NJ this season.

Juicy and the Fraudulent Driver's License.

Yep, heard a blurb or two about THAT one, too. I agree with what Chris said: "Why would a 40-year-old man do something so irresponsible and stupid?" Or words to that effect.

Why, indeed?

Personally, I kind of suspect that Juicy had begun to feel that he was Teflon, in a sense. He could do damn near whatever he wanted, HE thought, and it wouldn't come back to bite him in the behind.

Well, last I heard, he's standing a lot, nowadays, because there's a BIG chunk of his rear end missing and the wound hasn't completely healed, yet.

Also, honestly, I would say that at least a good 70 to 80% of the time when we saw him in a vehicle on the show --- BEFORE the flap about the license ever came up --- TERESA was the one that was doing the actual driving. HE was riding shotgun, and was usually yelling at ("Shut up!)/arguing with her along the way. Matter of fact, I used to wonder, when I saw them in the car, why it was Teresa that always seemed to be the one that was doing the driving. It amazes me that with a built-in wife/whipping girl/chauffeur ANYWAY, he would get a wild hair about having a driver's license and try to get away with something so foolish.

But, then again, this IS Juicy at the center of this, ain't it?

Re: The Manzos, Lauritas, Black Water and BK Filings.

Didn't know a thing about any of this. Interesting and eye-opening, all at the same time. If they've actually done these things (which is NOT out of the realm of possibility, considering the sources, here), they qualify as being supremely, supremely stupid and arrogant. IF they/Chris DID do this stuff, they just never thought they'd get caught. Idiots.

Thanks for clueing me in!

The Gorgas and Their McMansion.

Not really surprised. Last I read/heard, that house is now up for sale, as Melissa allegedly wants to move away from Teresa. I had to laugh when I read that particular breakdown of it after I read your post, because Melissa is NOT the type to uproot herself and move away just because she and Teresa are going at it. I TOTALLY think they're in over their heads, moneywise, and can't make the payment on that house. Maybe Melissa should try to sell some of her clothes, the Rolex, or something? Even used, all that stuff would still fetch a pretty fair amount of cash, I think.

Or --- GASP! --- she could go to work at a regular job, maybe?

And if Joey the Skank works, makes money and pays their bills, why is the house in question, now?

Al Manzo and the 80K Job.

I DEFINITELY have been under a rock, because I didn't know ANYTHING about this, until your post. I think Al was/is seriously suffering from what I will now refer to as RHONJ Syndrome. That is, the feeling that you can actually get away with amazingly bold, stupid stuff --- possibly because you believe you're "special", being one of the "stars" of a reality show. That's the only explanation I can give for Manzo to try to get anybody to believe his actual residence was at The Brownstone, in Paterson, NJ, when his mansion of a house is in Franklin Lakes, and it is and HAS been seen on TV for at least three years. Why, BEFORE listing The Brownstone as his residence, would he think that SOMEBODY wouldn't start asking questions and/or blowing the whistle on THAT little discrepancy, sooner, or later?

Damn.

And, yes, I believe he should be made to pay every cent of that salary money back. If he'd given his residence as being Franklin Lakes straight out of the gate, OK. But for anybody to actually believe he LIVED in Paterson at The Brownstone?

Oh PLEASE.

The Boys to Manzos, Other Cast Members, and the Caribbean Throwdown that Ended in Flying Lawsuits.

Oh, yeah, I remember this one. Teresa got happy (i.e., drunk, probably), loud and splashed champagne on somebody's momma in a bar in the Caribbean. The woman's son took exception to the flying champagne. The Manzo boys stepped in to defend Teresa's honor. The guy's friends/cohorts AND some other NJ cast members introduced themselves into the situation, and it was on and poppin' from there. IIRC, at least one of the guys who opposed the NJ crew wound up going to the hospital, and the Momma's Boys filed lawsuits against the NJ crew. There HAD to be something major going on with that, because not only did Bravo NOT make any mention of the bust-up at ALL, on what aired, they didn't even show any footage from the bar at all, IIRC. We all know there HAD to have been SOME kind of camera footage that existed from the bar brawl, but I don't remember ANY of it being aired.

Poppy, thanks again! I don't always keep up on the Net with what's going on with these people, so I might miss some juicy/interesting stuff, sometimes.

You're GREAT!
    Last edited by ness; 05-11-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread