+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I give the Atlanta housewives a ton of credit for having some entrepreneural spirit about them. Some may have clung to men for money in the beginning, but each is learning that they have to do it themselves in the end, and they are out there trying.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree about the Atlanta women:

Kim just happened to find a guy/fell in love (or fell into pregnancy) and that's probably why she's not back with Big Papa.

Sheree? Don't see any serious moves to earn her own way...I don't count her clothes designing because it was produced so half-heartedly that if she really cared or was passionate about it, things would have been different. Maybe her taste wasn't very good but the clothes looked unfinished, sloppy and haphazard.

Kandi: I don't think she's doing anything different than she ever has. Her singing is important to her and from what I've seen, she's dedicated to it. I do think she spends too much time though helping others and thereby cutting into the time to develop her own career.

Cynthia seems to have been forced to go back to modeling because she had no choice. Her now-husband certainly lost all his money.

Phaedra seems to be doing what she's always done....work very hard and maintains a great career. I'm not a big fan of her but I give her a lot of credit for her work ethic.

Nene seems to be to be pursuing a career in the limelight because 1. she needs money to survive and 2. She is ego driven...otherwise she'd accept work wherever she could find it.

Maybe I'm too hard on them but I find very little to respect.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Kim - Wig line (which I understand her to be very serious about)
    Phaedra - Law and funeral biz
    Kandi - Music and sex toys
    Cynthia - Modeling and modeling studio
    NeNe - TV and around-town performances; tried a tv host gig last season (at least she acknowledged she needed a job and tried a bit ... even if just for a short while
    Sheree - around-town performances, working at developing an acting career (although we all know where that is going), and an attempt at a clothing line

For me, the effort is what counts. It remains to be seen what happens of each of these endeavors, but they are at least exploring options and taking steps in an entrepreneurial direction.

Kim's, Phaedra's, Kandi's, and Cynthia's endeavors have legs to them - assuming they can make it work.

The only two I sort of worry about are Sheree and NeNe. I don't think Sheree has the talent or savvy to do much on her own successfully. NeNe thinks too highly of herself to do anything on her own. Neither has longevity written on them.
    mayamaisha likes this.

FORT Fan

Juicy has been convicted on two counts for license fraud. One carries a maximum ten years and the other 18 months. Sentencing date was not stated. Enjoy the pokey and the poking, Joe.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Juicy has been convicted on two counts for license fraud. One carries a maximum ten years and the other 18 months. Sentencing date was not stated. Enjoy the pokey and the poking, Joe.
    Teresa's definition of "Big House" is going to be enhanced I think. "Oh, Joe's living in the big house for a while."
    chitex3 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Indicted ... not convicted, yet ...

'Housewives' husband Joe Giudice is indicted on charges of fraudulently obtaining driver's license - NorthJersey.com

Thanks, ryansmommy! I was just about to say the same thing. Indicted, which basically means charged. The court case is still to come.

FORT Fan

Yes, sorry for the error. Still, my money is on a conviction and the full 10 years, 18 months.
    Trust Me!

Yes, sorry for the error. Still, my money is on a conviction and the full 10 years, 18 months.
    Nah...Juicy will have his "brother" inpersonate him in jail.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

After watching the last reunion show recently and an episode from the last part of the last season, I have to deduce that these women are fairly unintelligent. Really, where are their brains?

Theresa's life is a mess, as are the lives of Ashley and her parents. I just have to say though that I absolutely cannot stand Melissa. I think her degree of dumb goes very deep.

What I can't figure out is why anybody would want their lives filmed for reality television when they are in trouble financially or otherwise. I guess that goes for at least one lady from each city, but still....these women seem really stupid. Their arguing was annoying.
    sparklete likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    After watching the last reunion show recently and an episode from the last part of the last season, I have to deduce that these women are fairly unintelligent. Really, where are their brains?

Theresa's life is a mess, as are the lives of Ashley and her parents. I just have to say though that I absolutely cannot stand Melissa. I think her degree of dumb goes very deep. ois

What I can't figure out is why anybody would want their lives filmed for reality television when they are in trouble financially or otherwise. I guess that goes for at least one lady from each city, but still....these women seem really stupid. Their arguing was annoying.
    I am totaly with you, lilymax. Our lives are so complex, and I cannot imaginee exposing the decisions I've made in mine (or the outcomes of those decisions) to public scrutiny or ridicule. I guess I don't have the "fame" gene.
    mayamaisha likes this.

+ Reply to Thread