+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Unless Jacqueline's husband, Chris, forged documents, pocketed proceeds without his partner's knowledge, filed bankruptcy and within the petition, didn't bother to mention all assets and income, had taken someone else's ID to receive a driver's license under a different name ... there is no similarity that I can see.

Seriously, Joe Giudice got caught for doing all these things. Teresa muddied herself, too, by implying to receive far less income than she actually received. Not a good thing in the eyes of the court.
    mom2 and Lizard like this.

Why am I not surprised?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

All these families in big money trouble and still spending half their lives in procurement for things they'll never pay for! Kinda sickening.

Guidices, we've been following. Now those ugly Gorgas- they of the multizillion dollar basement recording studio, and the Manzo family - two generations of failure - icons of stability no less; plus the lovely Laurita family living off gross margins and failing to pay all manner of vendors. Dina Manzo too? And of course back in history, Beverly Staub, um, pretty pretty name Danielle.

So who's next - the Posche retail store woman, the Kim G character- she of famed super-wealth?

I could easily hate these people, b/c they are emblematic of what cheaters, liars, and fraudsters are doing to the economy. Well, they along with some pretty big names in the corporate world doing the same thing at multi-billion dollar levels.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Is this really true? That the Manzos, Gorgas, Dina and J & C Laurita are all highly in debt?? Good grief! How do they accomplish this or sleep at night?
    I remember when I was younger and money was really really tight, I would worry constantly how to pay just the necessities, buy clothes at thrift shops, esp kids items that had very little wear/tear. So much stuff was second hand from friends, relatives, including furniture. Wasn't always my taste but a table was a table and very much needed.
    These people live in "palaces," never wear clothes more than once - and always clothes that are new, fashionable (albeit tasteless), the kids are dressed (or over-dressed), almost always a grand piano (even tho few if any play it) and all those Christmas presents that are OTT..... Sheesh!
    I can still remember Teresa, knowing by then their financial situation and hoping for a diamond(s) for Christmas. Double sheesh!!

Greed will get a person in trouble. One can be actively deceitful or inactively duped by promises. One should not squander money in an area where they have no control or expertise.

I am good with money in that I am not a very material person. I could sew up all the outfits I wanted when I was younger. The 80s and 90s were material times...sheesh. Maybe that thriftiness will prepare me for seniordom if I am blessed to be around.

They are all humans. So I will hope for the best. I have had friends who are not as well read as I (more naturally trusting...) who wisely tell me to always think of heaven. And those are some of the best words ever.

Yep Dragonlady, wanting a diamond at Christmas when you have monumental bills you have not paid. I guess her logic was what's one more of something she is not going to pay. There are working people who are not extravagant who have bad debt, and then there are absolute pigs.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-06-2011 at 04:05 AM.
    You can do it!

It seems bizarre, and common sense tells me not to believe everything on internet sites that follow celebrities; but, geez, the stuff on Radar Online, Reality Tea, and others have ended up in mainstream celeb media; now the NY Post and Huffington Post report this stuff; how crazy is that: Well, here's some stuff...

Search “Joe Gorga Financial Problems” and get New York Post:

"Real Housewife of New Jersey" Melissa Gorga, who's been handpicked for TV to antagonize her bankrupt sister-in-law Teresa Giudice, brings her own financial woes to the Bravo reality show. Melissa and her developer husband, Joe, who appear in the new season starting Monday, have tax liens against two of their properties, according to public records. They bought their 13,000-square-foot mansion in Montville, NJ, in 2009 and have put it up for sale several times”
    Melissa and Joe Gorga have tax liens and cash schemes - NYPOST.com

Search “Caroline Manzo Financial Problems” and Get Reality Tea:

Caroline Manzo’s “Financial Mess” – The same “insider” tells the mag Caroline Manzo is in a big financial mess and also experiencing money troubles of her own. “She and her husband have big credit problems, and they’ve mortgaged the hell out of The Brownstone,” their family banquet hall, claims the insider. Caroline is also reportedly very jealous of Teresa’s success as the insider claims it’s always been Caroline’s dream to have her own cookbook and make more money. Err didn’t Teresa say the same exact thing in her blog last week??? “It’s got to be hard watching Teresa, whom she hates, do just that,” states the mag.
    Report: RHONJ’s Caroline Manzo & Jacqueline Laurita Having Financial Problems; Jacqueline Slams Teresa! | Reality Tea

Search “Jacqueline Laurita Financial Problems”

Lawsuit claims family drained JACQUELINE LAURITA’s “bid-ness” to support high on the hog lifestyle, The ENQUIRER has learned. “Real Housewives of New Jersey” star Jacqueline Laurita has been blasting fellow castmate Teresa Giudice for her financial woes, but it looks like Jacqueline’s got some money troubles of her own!On top of a $25 million bankruptcy filing in 2009, Jacqueline is now facing a multimillion-dollar lawsuit.In court documents obtained by The ENQUIRER, Jacqueline, her husband Chris and Chris’ brother Joseph are accused of draining their former clothing company, Signature Apparel, of more than $7 million to support their lavish lifestyles.The lawsuit, which was filed in November 2010, says they spent nearly $2 million on credit card bills and hundreds of thousands for travel expenses.But Jacqueline’s money problems haven’t stopped her from criticizing former pal Teresa on Twitter.
    REAL BROKE WIFE OF NEW JERSEY - The National Enquirer

And Dina, the clean one:
    Of all the housewives, Dina's financial history seems to have the cleanest slate. However, her husband's is a different story. In 2006, she married Tommy (the brother of Caroline's husband) in a lavish wedding that cost $1.5 million, and was featured on the now defunct VH1 show My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding. One year later, in October 2007, Thomas was sued by American Express for $12,599, as well as the Bank of America for an undisclosed amount.
    Additionally, rumors have plagued the couple since Dina's debut on RHONJ, the buzz being that their marriage is in trouble and that the couple does not reside together — which would explainwhy he has never appeared on the show. Yet more rumors suggest that the marriage was an arranged one, in order to give Dina financial security and to protect the secrecy of Tommy's homosexuality. (In this casting video for the show, they tell the charming story of how Dina had learned that Tommy was unfaithful to her for the entire first year of their courtship.) To be fair, the gay rumor was most likely started by Danielle Staub out of malice, as the source's only other "exclusive" information was an interhttp://jezebel.com/5571003/all-of-the-jersey-housewives-are-going-brokeview with Staub.

All Of The Jersey Housewives Are Going Broke
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Thanks, Prism, for all that info.
    I think the word Reality should be dropped and they should substitute the words "Make Believe."

Thanks Prism

That's why that link before referred to a video of Dina's wedding. It would not play on my iPod.

Hmmm in my former job I dealt with a lot of people (I deal with a lot of young people now.). I have one good friend who periodically gets loans but has ended up ok over the years. She is a good person (a little extravagant)...always worked in her family business. Just got in a little tight money situation here and there. That's common. Caroline I suspect might be like that. And since the brownstone is on tv now, they should be getting a lot of room rentals. We always look for either a cool place to stay or affordable. TV place is cool. That place in Vegas that is on pawn stars has an ultra long waiting line outside the store. I was going to photograph the line.

So Dina is mad at Caroline over something related to Dina's brother. Theresa is mad at Caroline and brings up Dina because she knows Caroline is not going to go there. On the positive note, I think Caroline did want security for Dina.

I do not know about Melissa. It the second season when people's true character starts to come out. We will see.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-07-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Caroline jealous? What?! And the sky is blue? Who knew?!

Caroline is the grossest of them all. High and mighty yet more desperate than all the others combined.

If for no other reason, I hope Teresa is successful with her endeavors just to spite Caroline - ok, and Melissa....someone who I think has been anxious to get her claws into Joe G + money since the beginning.

Teresa is no angel, but I'm on her side where la familia is concerned. She's pounding the pavement right now and she'll be all the better for it in the end.

I am not at all surprised about the weak financial position of the gang. They breed it. They are intelligent enough people to rise to a certain level but not intelligent enough to make it last in a meaningful way. Houses of cards. All of 'em.

I give the Atlanta housewives a ton of credit for having some entrepreneural spirit about them. Some may have clung to men for money in the beginning, but each is learning that they have to do it themselves in the end, and they are out there trying.

Jexter - I also give them credit for their spunk. Life is full of surprises, even for those of us who try to live quality lives. The NJ women don't seem much into contemplative thought, but they do use what they have, and aren't afraid to put it out there. But.... I still think we'll be supporting them when they're on Medicaid down the road.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

+ Reply to Thread