+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2850Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I never understood....period....why anyone cosigned for a car loan on such a proven, irresponsible risk. She has played them for fools, right down the line. As has been said, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." Ol' Ashlee would have been one miserable human being if she had grown up in a house where I was her mother! I was the mean mommy who gave her son absolutely NOTHING for Christmas when he was in the 9th grade because he had been so badly behaved that year. I promised him, and I made it come true.

But, then again, you reap what you sow!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-30-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    In no way would that affect the granting of a car loan. Anyone with good credit is an acceptable co-signer. Having a blood relative cosign isn't an advantage and step-parents frequently sign for their step-kids.

Inasmuch as he had filed for bankruptcy the year prior, I really doubt that he was an acceptable co-signer on the loan.

ETA: After reading Shay's post above, I am wondering if Bravo didn't script the new car for Ashlee as well as guarantee the loan.
    I get it, but what you are really saying is the bankruptcy was a business bankruptcy and not personal, for a personal bankruptcy would affect Jacqueline's credit, too, unless, of course, the couple keeps such matters separate, thus, appropriate for Jacqueline to co-sign on behalf of Ashley, right?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I never understood....period....why anyone cosigned for a car loan on such a proven, irresponsible risk. She has played them for fools, right down the line. As has been said, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." Ol' Ashlee would have been one miserable human being if she had grown up in a house where I was her mother! I was the mean mommy who gave her son absolutely NOTHING for Christmas when he was in the 9th grade because he had been so badly behaved that year. I promised him, and I made it come true.

Totally with you, as I, too, don't get it ...

(Can't even wrap my head around her paying to petition the courts to legally change her name from Ashley to Ashlee ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    We're not being fair to Andy as moderator. Andy got all kinds of criticism when he DIDN'T confront the cast members for their statements and behavior -- including the statements and behavior of their kids and significant others. So now, when he DOES confront them, he gets criticized. He's in a lose - lose situation. From following his Tweets and whatever he says publically (like on WWHL), I believe that what he tries to do when questioning the cast members during the reunions is to ask the questions the VIEWERS are asking him to please ask. And I see viewers asking same questions all the time as I watch WWHL and follow Andy on Twitter. So it's not that he's just asking the questions for himself, he's also asking what he's being requested to ask.
    I believe Andy does ask the questions that the viewers ask....but who do you think decides which questions he'll ask and which he'll ignore? It's entiredly run by Andy's choices. He has every right to do that considering his position at Bravo. But he directs how the show will go and how it will be edited.
    Maybe a viewer(s) did ask about Juicy's anti-gay words....that's no surprise. But what did he think he'd get from Teresa? He directed questions to her about that 3 times in a row....and she just sort of babbled excuses for Juicy. She doesn't have to apologize for what someone else does. And Andy knows this. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
    I completely agree that Andy was not being a fair moderator in this reunion at all. He was completely preoccupied with his own agenda. He could have saved that discussion for something else...maybe Watch What Happens Live or his blog...or whatever. And what gets me is how he is so quick to point out anything even remotely offensive to homosexuals or Jewish people and yet the premise of RHONJ is basically to poke fun at Italian Americans!! Also, I feel like they were kind of poking fun at Catholics this season too. Sooo...basically Andy is being a total hypocrite.
    There are lots of things that people could be offended by but think about it.....there are people who know why it's wrong to say despictable words about others and refrain from it. And there are people who don't care and will say them. Did Andy think he was going to make a difference with Juicy's choice of words by badgering Teresa about it??

I don't think so. And I don't think Andy is in a lose-lose situation...I think he's got it made and he knows this. And personally, more power to him...but allow me to differ with his emphasis on only one specific objection. How about not bashing anyone rather than singling out one?
    Had he just asked the question once and dropped the subject, I might not have reacted so strongly.
    Andy made it seem that gay bashing was the worst thing that happened on RHNJ. I disagree.
    norealityhere, sparklete and Ewok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I never understood....period....why anyone I was the mean mommy who gave her son absolutely NOTHING for Christmas when he was in the 9th grade because he had been so badly behaved that year. I promised him, and I made it come true.

My 70 year old mother believes that. I love that she has had a wonderful life. My almost 50 year ok'd sister believes that. I am glad too that she found love early and every thing has fallen into place.

We have the realm of control and the realm of no control. Teaching a system of rules is within control. Understanding rules is essential for a happy adult life. You would be a bad mom if you let your son get away with things. Other people would be disgusted with him And want to stay away.

50% of the people out there are not good with money. Chris sees himself in Ashlee--the poor brat. Plus they were married when she was two. He feels like a good person if he is helping her. I feel like a good person when I am helping young people. Sometimes the help that I provide is non financial, soothing them with just the right words. I think that is the mommying I like for myself these days. And I manage to find that drug...as well as be the supplier of it...
    You can do it!

Well another pot meet kettle moment for the this franchise:

Jacqueline Laurita Named In Lawsuit: Glass Houses Anyone? | ABSURD2SUBLIME

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with the part of the article that says something like "the women never ask where the money comes from....they just spend it." That makes more sense than anything else. Sounds like a patriarchal mentality that seems to be present with a lot of these couples, to me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post

See this is what I am talking about people need to be mindful of looking down their nose at someone else in trouble. All the laughing and making fun of Tre and Joe and this one is in the same boat. Hmm somehow I doubt she will get off her butt and make things happen like Tre. Jacqueline probably had keep her mouth shut in the future. I wonder who else will be next to have those stones finally crack open that glass house? Melissa and her creepy husband are probably next.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post

The article summary only listed approx 4 million of supposed inappropriately used but suing for 8 million? Does 4 million of the 8 represent attorney fees?

This is a very different complaint than what Teresa and Joe are facing in that I don't see any teeth in the complaint as discussed in the radar article --- not that there aren't any, but only that the article doesn't mention any. It is not entirely irregular for a creditor to argue company mismanagement related to its bankruptcy, but hard to prove ...
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 11-01-2011 at 11:12 PM.

I guess its only and issue If it is Teresa and Joe that get in trouble everyone else eh we can talk it away. Money owed is money owed don't see the difference other than dollar amount.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread