+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3401Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I thought Caroline looked miserable, unhappy, exhausted, wiped out, and angry. The RH gig is not what she thought it would be. Nobody kissing her ring, nobody clambering for her counsel or advice, nobody treating her like the godmother she thought she would be. The show has not worn well on her and she knows it's time to dump it. Or be fired or whatever. She was used and now she's useless as a RH. Sad to think she expected fame and fortune, but got ripped to shreds.
    Last edited by Prism; 10-25-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: link
    luvsginger likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Hmm I wonder how soon Caroline will tire of the Gorga and their ilk. I mean Jo Gorga doesn't care where he is and whips it out to sex up his wife. I would love to see him try that mess in Carolines house. Everytime Melissa opens her mouth to talk or sing you can hear the rusty gears in her head trying to think. Kathy is a boring little fishwife and I guess Caroline feels so much superior to these idiots. It won't be long before she is on the outs with her new victim. Caro is running out of siblings to peeve off. I don't see much real interaction with Chris either. I have a feeling her family is not really thick as thieves.
    luvsginger likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Hmm I wonder how soon Caroline will tire of the Gorga and their ilk. I mean Jo Gorga doesn't care where he is and whips it out to sex up his wife. I would love to see him try that mess in Carolines house. Everytime Melissa opens her mouth to talk or sing you can hear the rusty gears in her head trying to think. Kathy is a boring little fishwife and I guess Caroline feels so much superior to these idiots. It won't be long before she is on the outs with her new victim. Caro is running out of siblings to peeve off. I don't see much real interaction with Chris either. I have a feeling her family is not really thick as thieves.
    Well said
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Found this little tidbit at LynnNChicago ...

I have positively confirmed that Teresa Giudice’s trial is set for December 22 and 23 2011 in front of Judge Klein. Do you suppose Judge Klein will go easy on Tre because Christmas is just around the corner and she has four children? Maybe he’ll be angry that he has to work on such a fiasco just days before Christmas, either way trust me when I tell you that her legal battles are just beginning. Teresa tried, as her husband did, to drop her bankruptcy case because they were both being accused of fraud due to the inconsistencies in their filing documents. They failed to provide accurate and complete information in their initial filing. They conveniently forgot about a whole bunch of their assets, something that the Bankruptcy courts and trustee’s tend to frown upon.

Keep in mind that while Juicy Joe was able to drop his Bankruptcy case, he can’t shake that charge of attempting to obtain a driver’s license using fake credentials. Teresa wasn’t so lucky, the trustee continues to insist that Teresa face the music for the lies in the original filing. The judge denied her petition to drop her bankruptcy which would allow the fraud case to move forward as well.

I did give up on thise series early on. While Caroline can come off as a bully towards others I don't at all see her that way towards her family especially her childern.
    If Chris gained weight I would bet is has more to do with his moving from home & his Mom's home cooking.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Perhaps some of you can help educate me on this show. I have never really kept up with the HW's of NJ. Something about them as a whole never appealed to me. I have watched all of HW's of Orange County, Beverly Hills, and New York.

I have watched most of the recent two reunion shows of the NJ women. Considering that and the bits and pieces of episodes that I have seen over the years, I don't understand why so many are down on Caroline. IMO she was the only one who seemed to have half a brain and some manners. What am I missing?
    lilcountriegal likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

NJ is the only HW franchise I watch, and I must say that in most episodes nothing really happens. The drama this year was mostly Teresa and her sister-in-law (and their husbands) backstabbing each other - all of which I found completely contrived. Also, Jacqueline's adult daughter, Ashlee, provided lots of drama.

Caroline is both boring and bossy. Maybe being bossy is something she's been told to convey - the "matriarch" thing. But she is as boring as watching paint dry, as a rule. For all of her cold hostility in the reunion episodes, I didn't find her anger toward Teresa credible (based on the reasons she gave). I suppose there's a good deal more happening behind the scenes, the editing, and the conflicts that have arisen during their filming of Season 4.

I think all these ladies have skeletons in their closets, but they were pretty much given a pass by Andy this year, except for Teresa. For instance: Caroline's hubby got fired from his no-show government job for lying and the rumble in the Carribbean has spawned lawsuits that will probably result in judgments against the sons that the Manzos won't be able to pay. The Manzos also are reported to have lousy credit, and both the business and their home are mortgaged to the hilt.

Kathy is actually a hairdresser in real life and Richie runs a garage. Respectable people, but hardly wealthy ones. You never hear anything about their real businesses on the show. Melissa and her husband are having serious money problems, with a huge balloon payment coming due on their mansion this summer. Jacqueline is rumored to have been an exotic dancer (and possbily a call girl) when she met Chris. Chris's business is failing (and is $25 million in debt) after filing for bankruptcy last year.

Maybe some of these skeletons will be seeing the light of day next season. This season was mostly Teresa bashing, imo. Say what you will about TG, she is entertaining. I think she raised some valid points at the reunion, too (when she wasn't denying her legal problems).
    Prism likes this.

Wow!!! Poppy, you sure have the 411!!! I agree with you 100%....I had no idea that all the other's finances were in such dire straits! Unbelievable! I thought that the Manzos were doing well financially. It was very interesting to me when Albie said that when he was younger, the three of them had to share a bed because the family was so broke. I never understood that, if the Brownstone has been a family business for 75 years, why were Caroline and Albert so broke that they couldnt afford separate beds for their 3 children? I mean, that is really a basic need and beds are not that expensive and even if they couldn't afford them, you would think coming from a family of 11 kids, there would be some hand me down beds. How much does a futon cost, seriously...how did they go from being so broke to living in that grand house?

I can picture Jacqueline being an exotic dancer in Vegas where she is from, and if its true, she probably did it to pay the bills since she was a single mother at such an early age.

I had no idea Joe and Melissa's finances were so messed up, why would he build that recording studio if he was so broke unless he did it thinking that maybe Melissa could finally bring some cash in, like Teresa has so successfully done.

What type of garage does Rich run? Like a towing garage or a car repair? Kathy should try and look into catering .... I think she could do well, but if she charges anywhere near what my hairdresser does, she is doing pretty well.

What I can't stand about Melissa is that she is an attention seeker and it must have killed her knowing Teresa was on a show and she wasn't, she couldn't wait to bust in ... I have no idea why they brought Kathy in, she is boring but I think Rich is entertaining.

Thanks for the 411! Keep it coming!!!

Thanks all for your great updates on these ladies. And I thought I had problems! LOL

I would say that I may check it out the next season it comes on, but I'm not sure I want to get sucked into another one. I am almost weened off of HW of Orange County. I grew tired of those silly women. I am still loving my BH and NY though.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Here are some links (Google search grouped) to some of the info I posted. These were for luvsginger who PM'd to ask if I could point to some links for further reading. I thought I'd post them here as well. I just noticed that the Laurita financial links are parsed as "Albert Manzo money problems" but click on it. It's Albert Manzo's.

Jacqueline's past in Vegas - all over the Interet today

Chris Laurita | Reality Tea (citing an article in the current issue of In Touch magazine). Article also mentions Chris's failed business, $25 million debt

Google links:

jacqueline laurita exotic dancer - Google Search

Chris Laurita financial issues -

Google links:

albert manzo money problems - Google Search

Manzo money problems -

Google links:

albert manzo money problems - Google Search

Gorga money problems -

Real Housewives of New Jersey: Melissa Gorga… | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES (WIth sources documented)

Google links:

chris laurit money problems - Google Search

Kathy and Richie Walkile occupations -

Real Housewives of New Jersey: Blind Item… Take a Guess | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES (mentioned as a teaser)

r)
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Prism likes this.

+ Reply to Thread