+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #5521
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I wonder if the Spirit of Halloween stores will be able to replicate Caroline scowl face into a mask in time for this year's Halloween....it would definitely be a best seller, that is the scariest ugliest face I have seen in a very long time!!!!....
    Funny
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  2. #5522
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I fell asleep for a bit during the reunion show on Sunday, so I went back to watch what I missed last night. From the posts here, I thought that Lauren's weight must have been brought up on the reunion, but I never saw that. So are the comments people have made about Caroline being terrible towards Lauren based on the conversation they had in the kitchen where Lauren said she had sausage fingers? I was expecting Caroline to be asked "Is you daughter beautiful?" and give an answer of no. But I never saw that. I also thought it was interesting that Caroline talked about how Dina has to work through her issues, and that someday they'll be okay again. I know there are two sides to each story, and Dina may think that Caroline is the one who has given her the cold shoulder. But it sure seemed to me like Dina was the one with issues, and Caroline was having to deal with the aftermath of those. If Dina said "I'm not speaking to you" there's not a heck of a lot that Caroline can do about that until she comes around. If that is the true story behind their conflict, then I don't see how that reflects on Caroline needing to take care of her own problems before dispensing advice to others.
    Caroline brought the subject up herself because she had been criticized for what she said (and did not say) to her daughter in the "sausage fingers" scene. No one at the reunion asked her about it. At the reunion she reiterated that she "would not lie" to Lauren and say she is beautiful, not when she needs to lose weight. Of course, Lauren wasn't present for this. I cannot imagine that she needed to hear that on TV.

    Dina is not the only sibling that Caroline isn't on speaking terms with. According to Caroline, she is on speaking terms with 8 of her 11 siblings. She said it would be 9, but that sibling isn't willing. Maybe #9 is Dina.

  3. #5523
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Caroline brought the subject up herself because she had been criticized for what she said (and did not say) to her daughter in the "sausage fingers" scene. No one at the reunion asked her about it. At the reunion she reiterated that she "would not lie" to Lauren and say she is beautiful, not when she needs to lose weight. Of course, Lauren wasn't present for this. I cannot imagine that she needed to hear that on TV.

    Dina is not the only sibling that Caroline isn't on speaking terms with. According to Caroline, she is on speaking terms with 8 of her 11 siblings. She said it would be 9, but that sibling isn't willing. Maybe #9 is Dina.
    Ok, on the weight thing, I see it a bit differently. I think (hope) Carolyn kind of mis-spoke. At the end of the day, your child is beautiful regardless of their weight because beauty is really an inside thing. I think Carolyn knows this. What I think Carolyn meant was that she is not going to tell her daughter she is fine no matter what she weighs. This I kind of understand. I am constantly amazed when I see morbidly obese children (and no, I don't think Lauren is morbidly obese) - because that is really an issue with the parents, not the kids. Yet when you talk to these parents, they say nothing is wrong and their child is fine. That's not true. Their child is overweight and probably has health issues - which are only going to get worse as they get older. I think you are doing your child a huge dis-service by not facing the reality that being overweight can cause health issues and you, as a parent, should strive to help your child be healthy. This is what I was getting from Carolyn's comments at the reunion. Now, I fully admit I could be completely wrong - and I also fully admit that Carolyn did not articulate it well, if this was in fact her point. But I give her the benefit of the doubt because if nothing else, I have seen that she is a pretty good mom and her kids seem to be the most normal and mature of the group.

  4. #5524
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    181

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Christopher gained at least 20-25 pounds in the past year, and yet, it's not been acknowledged at all.
    Trust Me!

  5. #5525
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Ok, on the weight thing, I see it a bit differently. I think (hope) Carolyn kind of mis-spoke. At the end of the day, your child is beautiful regardless of their weight because beauty is really an inside thing. I think Carolyn knows this. What I think Carolyn meant was that she is not going to tell her daughter she is fine no matter what she weighs. This I kind of understand. I am constantly amazed when I see morbidly obese children (and no, I don't think Lauren is morbidly obese) - because that is really an issue with the parents, not the kids. Yet when you talk to these parents, they say nothing is wrong and their child is fine. That's not true. Their child is overweight and probably has health issues - which are only going to get worse as they get older. I think you are doing your child a huge dis-service by not facing the reality that being overweight can cause health issues and you, as a parent, should strive to help your child be healthy. This is what I was getting from Carolyn's comments at the reunion. Now, I fully admit I could be completely wrong - and I also fully admit that Carolyn did not articulate it well, if this was in fact her point. But I give her the benefit of the doubt because if nothing else, I have seen that she is a pretty good mom and her kids seem to be the most normal and mature of the group.
    After posting, I saw that Lauren had tweeted that she was present at the reunion and that her mom's comments had received a really bad edit - one that made her seem cold.

  6. #5526
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    After posting, I saw that Lauren had tweeted that she was present at the reunion and that her mom's comments had received a really bad edit - one that made her seem cold.
    Interesting. And I saw the comment above about Christopher gaining weight. The differences I see here is that these children are adults and Christopher's weight gain was not discussed during the season. Lauren's was - and Lauren herself said she wanted to lose weight. I think Carolyn is trying to support her in those efforts - although again, probably not the best at articulating it - at least what we saw.

  7. #5527
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Admittedly, I'm seeing the worst in these women.

    Caroline is getting on my nerves. I see in several articles she proclaims that Teresa is "trying to destroy my family," and that if Tre had wanted to hurt her, she only succeeded in "hurting my parents."

    Gee, where have I heard these refrains before? Season one: Jacqueline only succeeded in hurting Caroline's partents when she took Danielle's part at the table-flipping dinner.

    And of course, Caroline was like a broken record declaring that Danielle was trying to "destroy her family" in Season 2. This woman needs to get a new schtick.

  8. #5528
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Admittedly, I'm seeing the worst in these women.

    Caroline is getting on my nerves. I see in several articles she proclaims that Teresa is "trying to destroy my family," and that if Tre had wanted to hurt her, she only succeeded in "hurting my parents."

    Gee, where have I heard these refrains before? Season one: Jacqueline only succeeded in hurting Caroline's partents when she took Danielle's part at the table-flipping dinner.

    And of course, Caroline was like a broken record declaring that Danielle was trying to "destroy her family" in Season 2. This woman needs to get a new schtick.
    That's cuz she is a martyr as well as a bully. She is unbelievable! Next season, she will say that Kathy and Melissa hurt her parents. Ugh, I can't get her ugly scowl off my brain, I wish there was a delete button for that!
    Poppy Fields likes this.

  9. #5529
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,861

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    I think all the housewives are beautiful on the outside. They do not know it though. They woul not be calling people ugly if they did. Lauren is pretty. She will be the way she sees herself being.

  10. #5530
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Admittedly, I'm seeing the worst in these women.

    Caroline is getting on my nerves. I see in several articles she proclaims that Teresa is "trying to destroy my family," and that if Tre had wanted to hurt her, she only succeeded in "hurting my parents."

    Gee, where have I heard these refrains before? Season one: Jacqueline only succeeded in hurting Caroline's partents when she took Danielle's part at the table-flipping dinner.

    And of course, Caroline was like a broken record declaring that Danielle was trying to "destroy her family" in Season 2. This woman needs to get a new schtick.
    I'm with ya, Poppy! I thought this season would be better with Danielle gone. Not so much. Kathy is the only one I can tolerate and I think that is because she is boring. I don't really have any use for any of them. They have all made their beds and now they need to lie in them!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.