+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2537Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Well they are both horrible people (Caroline and Teresa). Neither one wins mother of the year in my book.

I would have liked to hear Kathy expand on her daughter's illness and how funny her son is rather than hear either Teresa or Caroline talk or bicker about how their family is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Well, Teresa has her faults to be sure but I am firmly in her court - and even more so after tonight's reunion.

Without going into detail, it appears to me that Teresa has been a bit of a punching bag or stepping stone in the family well before the RHWNJ show came along. Easy target - esp. after marrying that idiot of a husband. Yes, I am firmly in Teresa's court.
    Huh? Where was everyone when they (ALL OF THEM) treated Danielle the way they did, Teresa being the leader. Come on.

Just saw a tweet from Teresa TO Danielle yesterday saying, and I'm paraphrasing, "I still don't like you, but now I know how you feel." Can you imagine??? Teresa was the leader of the "Danielle pack."
    Poppy Fields and sparklete like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

There is at least five minutes worth of footage where Milania is physically stomping, smacking, punching, kicking or jumping on Audrianna. Not once has Teresa yelled out for her to stop, or physically intervened. Teresa is going to be really busy on visiting day at the prisons where Joe and Milania will doing 10 to life.
    canuck and Imperfect1 like this.
    Trust Me!

Not that I watch anymore & not that I care.

Reality TV
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Huh? Where was everyone when they (ALL OF THEM) treated Danielle the way they did, Teresa being the leader. Come on.
    It's my opinion and I stand by it, and I believe I'm entitled to it.

FORT Fogey

I think the tweet from Teresa to Danielle proves that at this point, having an audience is what matters to Teresa most. If she gets that audience by being strong, or funny, fine. If she gets that audience by being a victim and playing on people's sympathy, she'll take that too. She's realized after the reuion aired that her fan base is dwindling. So now she's going to move from the role of Lucille Ball to the role of poor victim in an attempt to garner support from fans who feel sorry for her.
    Prism and sparklete like this.

Unfortunately I watched this reunion show. BRAVO I implore you to either recast this show or cancel it. I can't anymore...I just can't. Not anymore.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Caroline said, in a nutshell, that she could not call her daughter beautiful. Not as long as she needs to lose weight. Coming from someone not related to you, that kind of remark would be deemed simply unkind. Coming from your mother, it's brutal.

No kind of good mother does that. Especially on national TV. Twice.
    If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me . . .

The FIRST season of RHONJ, from seeing cast pictures, would I be right in saying/thinking that Caroline was just a wee bit of a chubbette herself?

Sure, she apparently has slimmed down QUITE a bit (she'll never be a contender for Melissa's weight range anymore, I bet), and God bless her for that, since that's apparently what she chose to do (and SUCCEEDED at), but, as far as I'm concerned . . .

Pot, meet Kettle.
    Lizard likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think Caroline's gained some of her extra weight back since the beginning of Season 3. Maybe she's projecting her own poor self-image onto her daughter (who, BTW, I think is a pretty girl).

The first time Lauren's weight was discussed, Lauren brought up the subject by saying to her mother that even if she did lose her extra weight she would never feel pretty. BIG CUE, Caroline. A good mom would say, "I'm looking at you. You are pretty. Prettier than I am, prettier than I ever was even at your age. Being overweight won't change that.

But losing that weight will make you feel much better physically and will make you feel prettier. Trust me. I've done and it works. I'm here for you to help you whenever you want to start on this goal. I love you and I know you can do it!" Or she could have offered to pay for the same lap band surgery she, herself, got (as rumor has it).

Caroline got a lot of flack for not saying something like that to Lauren. So in her defense, she goes and compounds the hurt by justifying the fact that she doesn't consider her daughter beautiful - not until she loses weight. No one asked her to defend her comments. She just felt compelled to because people had DARED to criticize her over it.

I also think that if it had been one of her sons who said didn't think he'd ever be handsome even if he lost weight, she'd have said something loving, affirming, and supportive. This woman has some real issues, imo.

ETA: IIRC, Albert was obese when she married him. She thought he was quite handsome.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-24-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Prism likes this.

Wow, lighten up. Ditto!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread