+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Why would Teresa pick Dina's Ladybug charity for CA? I don't remember them as being close.
    They were close enough for Teresa to ask Dina to be Audriana's godmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    A wee bit, I suppose

<snip>

From what little I know about the court stuff, I'd say Joe is a the root of it all. Teresa played along and/or turned a not-so-blind eye so long as she got her diamonds, cars, and other fancy things. I think Joe directed and Teresa followed. Still, shame on her. So, let me rephrase....Where the other wives are concerned, I support Teresa 100%. Nope. Make that 200%.

<snip>
    I somewhat felt as you did until a few days ago when I found, read (and posted the link here of) the bankruptcy court appointed trustee's findings.

Not only did Teresa willingly lie about marital assets and income taxes, she lied about her Bravo deal, she lied about her book deal and she lied about her website and her website boutique checking account. Teresa is a crook in her own right and not heading to the slammer only because the court allowed her and Joe to voluntarily withdraw their bankruptcy petition. Joe, however, will do serious time after being convicted of identity theft, drunk driving and whatever else he has done that I don't know about. No longer protected by bankruptcy laws, do expect Teresa to lose her home.

Andy appears to be no longer fond of Teresa ... could have something to do with my hunch that Bravo was forced to participate in the court appointed trustee's bankruptcy investigation and Teresa also manipulating Bravo in effort to prevent Melissa and Kathy from joining the show. Look how angry Caroline and Jac are about being used ... why not Andy (and Bravo), too?
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 10-24-2011 at 06:55 AM.
    Lizard likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This morning I'm still shocked at Caroline's statements about Lauren. Who does she think she is to accuse Teresa of exposing Gia to something "tragic," yet not see that her words about Lauren are now out there publicly forever? What she said was brutal.

Even worse, she was saying it to "defend" similar remarks she made this season to Lauren. To do so, she reiterated all the hurt and added to it. I couldn't believe I was hearing it.

And not one of the others, including Andy, called her on it.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-24-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Wow. A first, I chose to go to bed early last night rather than watch part 2 of the Reunion Show. Now I'm glad I did. Just more of the same. No more New Jersey Housewives for me, unless they entirely replaced the cast.

I don't like any of them...Teresa IS entertaining, however. I don't have to like the people to be entertained. Everyone else is boring or just intolerable. On to Beverly Hills!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I think there is a big difference between the way a parent should talk to and/or shield a 7 year old vs the way you talk to and/or shield a 20-something "child". Gia is not equipped to cope with controversy or challenges in the same way Lauren is.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

There is a difference, yes. Teresa did not belittle and grossly insult her daughter. Caroline did.

She grossly insulted her daughter by saying what? By talking openly about her daughter's weight problem?

Perhaps because I don't have a weight problem that I thought the discussion this year was healthy. All I am use to hearing is the superficial, oh, these pants make my butt look fat. What I saw on the show was, eating right and exercise ...

I don't think Caroline grossly insulted her adult daughter. She didn't sugarcoat that Lauren is overweight and she also told her that she would be there for her in helping her to lose the weight.
    I don't even like Caroline; I think she's a bully most of the time and her bark is worse than her bite. I don't think she's the supreme authority on parenting; but she did her best and her kids are pretty decent. She enjoys being a mom.

Teresa also enjoys being a mom and I always liked that that showed in her. But, Gia also cried heartfelt tears many times this season over her jackass parent's behavior, and I don't think Teresa gets it that Gia is always watching her and understands so much now. I think in a past season both Teresa and Joe were really insensitive to Gia about crying after making fun of her (the episode where Gia was in the fashion show) and Teresa didn't understand why she was so sensitive to Joe being too harsh in his joking. So , I don't know; I just hope Gia is ok and that she isn't seeing too much too soon in the name of joking and family. As a child it's scary and stressful seeing those you love fight and badmouth each other, seeing a parent drunk and raging ,or doing stupid stuff and chipping a tooth.
    Last edited by mina; 10-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.

FORT Fogey

Besides age, I think another huge difference between Lauren and Gia is the way each was heard when they brought up concerns. Lauren brought up the weight issue. She confided in her mom that she lacked confidence because of her weight. Caroline listened to her, and said she'd support her to get where she wanted to be. Gia cried out several times with worry about her family, missing her uncle, etc. She got a couple of hugs eventually, but never got any geunine acknowledgement from either of her parents. Teresa tried to use it against her brother and Joe just went back to watching people make pizza.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

Caroline said, in a nutshell, that she could not call her daughter beautiful. Not as long as she needs to lose weight. Coming from someone not related to you, that kind of remark would be deemed simply unkind. Coming from your mother, it's brutal.

No kind of good mother does that. Especially on national TV. Twice.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-24-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    MsDiva2007 and Moontat like this.

+ Reply to Thread