+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2511Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I've just gotta say you guys- these FORT threads on the HWs are far more entertaining than the shows! I always get a laugh or three here on NJ, then go over to BH or some other crazy kinda FORT place, and laugh some more! Thanks y'all!
    Lizard likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    No, Shay, I have never declared for Camp/Team Teresa. Or Team Anybody.

I did say that I feel some grudging respect for her and I still do. I salute her work ethic and her ability to remain positive about her financial situation. Maybe it's primarily because she's dumb, but I think there is something endearing about her optimism.

Sometimes, optimism alone will keep your raft afloat. I hope hers does not go under. She has kids on board.
    I cut Teresa some slack. She has an ass for a husband and needs to ditch that guy yesterday, but...here is how I see it. There was bad blood before the show began. As far as I can tell, it had to do with the fact that Teresa's brother started doing better than her husband financially. Jealousy, in other words.

Then, the show came along and provided a platform for Teresa to shine in a way she wasn't able to do in her real life.

Neither Bravo nor her sister-in-law or cousin were forthright with her about their joining the show. For me, this is at the root of it all. Teresa saw her one edge over her sister-in-law slip away. Now we have both jealousy and fear.

Toss in the lawsuits and you have a woman who might feel she is being attacked from every possible angle.

That she behaves in an explosive manner from time to time is understandable under these circumstances.

She is just a human being experiencing normal human emotions and responding with her heart on her sleeve. My opinion may change, but for now, I give her a pass.

And, while Teresa may be "simple", she is by no means "stupid". Mistakes? Yes, but she knows if she confuses issues enough it will leave a very gray smoke screen for people to see through. If nothing else, she is a fighter. She's tough and scrappy and that may be what helps her get through this mess.

I was never a fan of Teresa but I didn't really dislike her either...until that attack on Danielle at the fashion show. I think it struck me so much because I hadn't seen that side of her. But as time has gone on, I see the ugly part of her much more often.
    Everyone here has mentioned lots of reasons why Tre had issues with her brother & Melissa, which I think are accurate.
    The only nice thing I can say about her is that I think quite awhile ago, she was a young girl, wanting a husband, children, home and white picket fence. Marrying a childhood friend probably seemed like the right thing to do....I'm not sure if she was aware of his lying, cheating, drunken, rude/foul mouth was there to stay. Let's also throw in lazy and willing to compromise ethics in exchange for $$.
    Everytime I see her running around that echoing mausoleum of a house, dressing her girls, trying to get her husband to play "husband and father" like she always dreamed she would have. I think she does love Juicy but he's a real piece of work. So in that way, and that one alone, she wins just a small bit of pity from me.

I also think it was not right for Dina to ask the others to say they'd be on her side, if Bravo wouldn't have her back. Very selfish. Everyone has the right to choose for them self what they need or want.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    <snip>

I also think it was not right for Dina to ask the others to say they'd be on her side, if Bravo wouldn't have her back. Very selfish. Everyone has the right to choose for them self what they need or want.
    If that rumor is true. Is it?

FORT Fan

"The more I watch Teresa, the more I think that she has no idea that everyone else in the world doesn't think about her as often as she thinks about herself. She seems to assume that everything another person does is done with motivation that revolves around Teresa. If Melissa decides to cook Hamburger Helpber for dinner, it must be because she knows Teresa doesn't like it. If Caroline decides to buy gas from Shell, it must be because it reminds her of Teresa. If Kathy decides to sleep in pink pajammas, it must be because she knows Teresa has some. She reads herself into the actions and words of everyone around her, and then decides if it is negative or positive based on what she thinks of that person at the time. It amazed me when Andy said something about Melissa and Kathy talking about how Teresa smiles thorugh the pain, she instantly thought it was an insult, instead of considering that maybe just maybe it was a testament of her strength. It would be very hard to be around a person like that, because you could never live up to those standards. And I would imagine after a while, a person has to start to wonder when things will finally be about somthing other than Teresa."

Acookertv, you nailed Teresa and why she reacts the way she does.
    Trust Me!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poooor Teresa! She's such a victim, isn't she?

She's more of a jealous harpy. She needs to run her one-woman race, and stop worrying about what everybody else is doing or has. "Tend to your OWN." Her dramatics get her attention, and I guess that is the end goal. People like that, I just cut off!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ai yi yi, and now Theresa is going to be on the Celebrity Apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Yes, I read the Federal court documents filed in their Chapter 7 bankruptcy online from court's subscription service. The $3,333 figure is contractual, per episode, and not calendar based (contract offered as an exhibit). I also read LynnNChicago's "insider" info on Tre's plan to refile. Teresa was a co-defendant in the bankruptcy fraud trial (which was taken off the table when Juicy withdrew the petition). She defrauded the court, as well.

Even if she could re-file, she would not pass the means test for Chapter 7 eligibility. She'd still have to repay her creditors.

ETA: She really is phenomenally stupid.
    UPDATE .............

I found a court document filing by the Bankruptcy Court Trustee online at the lynnnchicago site and my hunch was correct. (http://lynnnchicago101.files.wordpre...discharge1.pdf)

Teresa declared monthly income from Bravo was $3,333.33. Thus, $40,000 per year.

17. The Defendants further stated on Schedule I that as of the petition date Defendant wife was unemployed, but received $3,333.33 in monthly “income from Bravo.”
    Later, Teresa's income was amended by her receiving additional monthly compensation of $7,083.33 from the RHONJ production company, Sirens. That would be $85,000 more per year.

37. The Defendants amended Schedule I to disclose that as of the petition date Defendant wife had been employed for one month as an “Actress/TV Personality” by Sirens Media, LLC, with $7,083.33 in gross monthly income.
    First, it entirely makes sense for Bravo to pay cast members an annual flat fee that is paid monthly for 12 months vs a per episode or a per month of filming. The reality TV series doesn't necessarily have a planned fixed number of episodes or months of filming and a per episode or per month of filming salary would invite litigation.

Poppy, you are absolutely right that Teresa is stupid. Although it could be that Joe filed the bankruptcy petition without her knowledge, when she did claim to know, she didn't just play dumb about her husband's dealings, she lied about hers.

All that aside, Teresa did not make $3,333 per episode, it was per month for a 12 month year. I bet the $3.333 per month or $40,000 per year pays for "expenses" such as trips, entertaining, meals, use of personal assets (home, utilities, cars, etc.) and the 7,083.33 per month or $85,000 per year is what Teresa received for herself.

Thus, per court documents, it was declared that Teresa made $125,000 per year as a New Jersey Housewife, for at least one year. That amount mostly agrees with other published accounts as to what a RHONJ housewife receives as compensation.

(And thank goodness, for it how absurd would it be for these women to be doing the Housewives series for $40,000 or less?)
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 10-20-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    ai yi yi, and now Theresa is going to be on the Celebrity Apprentice.

Really?????????
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I do not have a problem with a person making a buck. I guess I liked what I perceived/projected as honesty in Theresa. I overlooked the hair pulling, pursuing Danielle incident because I did not want to see that....but it was there. And who does that? Like to some extent attracts like unless it is a learning experience (formation of gold deposits and everything). I have never really thought negatively or much about Juicy. But my best present guess is that both have some extremes. They know other relationships they could have would only be short term. They do love one another. So that relationship is there to stay.

By dirty talk you mean sex talk??? Yes that is dirty. Like how satisfying would it be to be called a dirty wench? Ooooo he called me a dirty wench and told me to do dirty things...fat Bastard!
    Last edited by Lizard; 10-20-2011 at 09:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread