+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #5441
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    A lot of times with shows like this, they sign contracts that lock them in for three years, but each year is up to the network whether or not it is renewed. Bravo doesn't want to lose a popular character, but also don't want to be stuck with a woman who doesn't work on the show. The more I watch Teresa, the more I think that she has no idea that everyone else in the world doesn't think about her as often as she thinks about herself. She seems to assume that everything another person does is done with motivation that revolves around Teresa. If Melissa decides to cook Hamburger Helpber for dinner, it must be because she knows Teresa doesn't like it. If Caroline decides to buy gas from Shell, it must be because it reminds her of Teresa. If Kathy decides to sleep in pink pajammas, it must be because she knows Teresa has some. She reads herself into the actions and words of everyone around her, and then decides if it is negative or positive based on what she thinks of that person at the time. It amazed me when Andy said something about Melissa and Kathy talking about how Teresa smiles thorugh the pain, she instantly thought it was an insult, instead of considering that maybe just maybe it was a testament of her strength. It would be very hard to be around a person like that, because you could never live up to those standards. And I would imagine after a while, a person has to start to wonder when things will finally be about somthing other than Teresa.

  2. #5442
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Finally was able to watch the Reunion episode. It was definitely Teresa vs everyone else, even one who wasn't there.
    The first season, I thought Teresa was dumb, totally without any sense of financial competency and although, a little too self-involved, not an evil person.
    But I changed my mind when I saw the fashion show episode, aka the hair pulling situation, where Tre set up Danielle. Tre was sitting there, just waiting to pounce on Danielle as soon as she saw her. It wasn't by accident that Danielle had to pass by her as she was leaving. And Teresa attacked her like a blood thirsty pit bull, ready to fight to the death. She knew what she was doing. Danielle wasn't even looking for a fight but Teresa was. It was cold, calulated and vicious. And her friend, Jacquilene was ready to defend her friend, Tre.
    She's definitely not an intellectual but you don't need to be one if you're canny like a fox.
    I know that was when I really knew who Teresa really was.
    I stopped liking Teresa when I realized (early on) how much she enjoys spreading dirt (true or not) about other people, and how often she encouraged other people to do the same on camera. She appeared to be absolutely gleeful doing this.

  3. #5443
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    955

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The $3,333/episode is in documentary evidence - publc record and substantiated - in their court records.

    The RHoNJ contracts were for 3 years. They were renegotiated last summer. Teresa was a hold out for months. It was widely reported on the Internet that their 3-year contracts were up and that Teresa was holding out for double her then current Bravo salary. No word as to whether or not she got it.

    ETA: Here's an article from 6/2010 confirming the $3,333 per epi salary:

    What the 'Housewives of New Jersey' Really Earn | PopEater.com
    Thanks ... your source document is the court trustee filings. However, I think the author of that piece got it wrong and as a Bravo NJ Housewife, Teresa made $3,333.33 per month or $40,000 a year ... still a much smaller amount than other speculations.

    The problems arose however when on 06/30/2010, John W. Sywilok, the Chapter 7 Trustee assigned to oversee the Giudices bankruptcy filing, alleged they had commited bankruptcy fraud by concealing assets and income from their filing. The accusations include -
    ■ Failure to report $250,000 (an advance Teresa received from a publishing deal for her book)
    ■ Failure to report Joe’s ownership/interest in a Pizza shop
    Failure to report a $3,333.33 monthly income
    ■ Concealing assets including a bank account of Joe’s, two pieces of real property, vehicles, the ownership of an online boutique called TG Fabulicious
    ■ Presenting false income tax returns to the bankruptcy court
    NJ Housewives’ Teresa and Joe Giudice Bankruptcy Fraud Trial Set for July 14, 2011 | Reality Tea

  4. #5444
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Actually, according to court documents, it is per episode not per month. As you say, it's a lot less than $125,000 per season no matter how you parse it.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-18-2011 at 11:33 AM.

  5. #5445
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    955

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    One other point from this articule interesting ...

    "As far as Bravo is concerned, the star is the show itself -- not the cast," a TV executive tells me. "The 'Housewives of Orange County' have all been replaced, and it didn't make any difference to the show's ratings. You will see two new housewives have been added to the cast of 'Housewives of New York' already -- just in case a few of the women get too greedy."
    http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/08/r...ewives-salary/

    My hunch is that, despite rumors of Jac and Caroline leaving the show, Teresa most likely will not be a cast member on season 5.

    Nonetheless, from everything I have read, this is what seems to be going down. Joe can't file bankruptcy for he is legally tainted for committing forgery, bankruptcy fraud and identity theft. It appears that the couple intends to assign all the debt to Teresa so she will be able to have more success at petition the court for bankruptcy. Joe is certain to do jail time. What a mess ... (and a catch of a man!)

  6. #5446
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    955

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Actually, according to court documents, it is per episode not per month. As you say, it's a lot less than $125,000 per season no matter how you parse it.
    Have you read the source court documents?

    The "pop" reporters appear to be detail-sloppy journalists and the $3,333.33 (albeit, per month) amount is effectively equivalent to the $3,333 the publication reported as per episode. Think about it ... how many months or how many episodes are legally troubling, non-static variables, whereas 12 months will always be a year.

  7. #5447
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Finally watched it last night. Oh my, disturbing to say the least. Teresa made herself look awful. Every time someone 'cornered' her on something nasty she said, her comment was "I was just kidding" sheesh, that is all she said ALL NIGHT LONG. NO, YOU WEREN'T KIDDING, TERESA, WHAT YOU DID WAS TO OFFEND AND HURT PEOPLE IN YOUR STUPID COOKBOOK. Who writes a cookbook (of all things) and offends their family members in it??? Again with the "I was just kidding" !!!!

    I thought Melissa and Kathy did a great job of reining it in with allot of 'dish' back to Teresa. Caroline had an awful scowl on her face BUT none of us know what really went down on Season 4, right? I kept thinking Caroline is going to give herself another migraine with all that yelling.

    Bottom line is that Teresa is a complete train wreck. Did she actually say that Kathy and Melissa only went on the show to promote their 'cupcakes' and 'voice' AND that no one checked with Teresa as to whether either of them were going to do the show .. ????? Why do they need to check with Teresa .. ????? She is using that show as a format to promote her cookbook. She is just simply rude. How many freakin' times did she touch her hair it looked terrible straight. LEAVE YOUR HAIR ALONE

    I have watched NJ from the first season and Jaci and Caroline have always had Teresa's back but wow, this was really sad and disturbing.

    I do not feel at all like this was a pile up on Teresa, she held her own swinging comments left and right at everyone of them.

    Also, what is the back story with Caroline and Dina ???
    KAREN

  8. #5448
    Just me Annastasia B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    331

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    I can't wait to see Season 4! Should be interesting because something more than just cookbooks comments happened. I mean really.... Jac didn't show up, Caroline seemed majorly pissed, and it appeared Teresa has burned every bridge imaginable with her family.

    I think Teresa believe parts of what she says however one side of me believe she's so over the top jealous of everything and everybody that she will do or say anything she has to in order to make herself look good and them look bad. What she doesn't understand is that it's backfiring on her left and right. Bravo needs to fire her.

  9. #5449
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Have you read the source court documents?

    The "pop" reporters appear to be detail-sloppy journalists and the $3,333.33 (albeit, per month) amount is effectively equivalent to the $3,333 the publication reported as per episode. Think about it ... how many months or how many episodes are legally troubling, non-static variables, whereas 12 months will always be a year.
    Yes, I read the Federal court documents filed in their Chapter 7 bankruptcy online from court's subscription service. The $3,333 figure is contractual, per episode, and not calendar based (contract offered as an exhibit).

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy
    Nonetheless, from everything I have read, this is what seems to be going down. Joe can't file bankruptcy for he is legally tainted for committing forgery, bankruptcy fraud and identity theft. It appears that the couple intends to assign all the debt to Teresa so she will be able to have more success at petition the court for bankruptcy. Joe is certain to do jail time. What a mess ... (and a catch of a man!)
    I also read LynnNChicago's "insider" info on Tre's plan to refile. Teresa was a co-defendant in the bankruptcy fraud trial (which was taken off the table when Juicy withdrew the petition). She defrauded the court, as well.

    Even if she could re-file, she would not pass the means test for Chapter 7 eligibility. She'd still have to repay her creditors.

    ETA: She really is phenomenally stupid.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-18-2011 at 02:47 PM.

  10. #5450
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    955

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Backstory on Caroline and Dina ...
    I think this came from Teresa, so best to take with a grain of salt:

    Dina didn't leave voluntarily; she was fired because her ex no longer allowed the daughter to participate and her husband refused to be part of the show. Dina wanted to return the following year and wanted Caroline and Jac to refuse to participate unless Dina returned and they refused, thus Dina angry with Caroline. (Until now, Dina quit and got the HGTV gig, which, in my opinion, is more believable, plus, it has been Bravo that has kept Dina's character "alive".)

    I also read that Teresa has had Dina's ear, leaving Dina under the impression that Teresa was being unfairly vilified, however since the airing of Sunday's show, Dina has changed her position.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.