+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    What can he do? He is nearly 9 million in the hole and he owns (I'm guessing) a $100,000 a year income generating pizzeria?
    I'm with you. Got it.

Do me a favor and work with me for a sec . . .

Do they even still own the pizzeria? I remember hearing/seeing something that they had maybe gotten out of it, sold their interest in it, or something?

Maybe I'm wrong, but if they DON'T still have the pizzeria, then there's nothing from his side, I guess. Just what he's bringing in through Bravo, maybe.

OK.

Most, if not all, of what I recall seeing of Juicy this season, so far, he always/mostly seems to be going off to somebody's house party, "running" in a charity event, going on vacation/retreat, or brawling at a christening, or rolling his big, juicy, half-naked butt over in bed, half asleep. Or drinking like a fish and being unbelievably rude and nasty to Teresa in front of houseguests because of that. Sure, he was the host for Gia's birthday party at the pizzeria, but how is that going to translate into $$$$, unless it's just his normal Bravo salary?

Call me crazy, but if it were ME and I was looking at just under 9 mil in debt that I couldn't file a BK on (well, I COULD, but I'd probably live to regret it later!), I'd want myself to be seen on camera (since it's out there already, anyway!) trying to do SOMETHING productive towards at least making a pretense of trying to do my share to address this ENORMOUS problem that I'd created.

Teresa is riding Bravo like an Arabian stallion, using them as a moneymaker, while she can.

What is Joe doing to TRY to help her?

So, if they ARE (or not) out of the pizzeria, has he maybe looked into starting up with something else? Has he said anything about being involved in helping Teresa negotiate her book contracts? Or at least reading the copy and providing suggestions before publishing?

Has he maybe tried to buy a carwash (yeah, yeah, I know; I DID open the door for that one!)? A dry cleaners? A restaurant franchise?

How about even going to WORK in a restaurant? No shame in that. No, he won't be able to put a dent in the 9 mil with that, but, as my grampa used to say: "Babe, if you ain't got but 25 cents, it's 25 cents better than nothin'! And if you don't get but $1, when you was expectin' $2, that's STILL $1 more than what you HAD!"

And why couldn't that $1.25 more be used to try to help keep the basic, everyday stuff going, while most of the Bravo funds could be given in payments to their creditors so they'd at LEAST be getting SOMETHING.

Sure, my train of thought is probably coming across as crazy as a road lizard, stupid and not-well-thought-out, but I'll take the hit for that.

The basic thought behind it, though, might be understandable.

To me, Juicy has not ONE OUNCE of self-respect.
    Last edited by ness; 10-17-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Imperfect1 and KatesMom like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Joe was mostly being woken up or tired this season, so I imagine he was working incredible hours. Assuming that was their pizzaria, it is worth more to them as a income generator than an asset if sold, given the couple would be hard pressed to qualify for a loan. Moreover, unlike their home and household furnishings, no court would order the business sold to satisfy their debts.

Joe and Teresa are on the radar ... they have already been exposed as frauds, having intended to defraud the court and their debters ...

Again, assuming the small pizza shop equates to $100,000 a year, Bravo pays Teresa $125,000 (isn't that what the women are making?), Teressa has sold approximately 100,000 cookbooks, so lets say the same amount in her share of royalties ... $350,000 last year, again this year ... not enough and guess they are well aware they need to be making a million a year to be able to statisfy that debt ...

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Joe was mostly being woken up or tired this season, so I imagine he was working incredible hours. Assuming that was their pizzaria, it is worth more to them as a income generator than an asset if sold, given the couple would be hard pressed to qualify for a loan. Moreover, unlike their home and household furnishings, no court would order the business sold to satisfy their debts.

Joe and Teresa are on the radar ... they have already been exposed as frauds, having intended to defraud the court and their debtors ...

Again, assuming the small pizza shop equates to $100,000 a year, Bravo pays Teresa $125,000 (isn't that what the women are making?), Teressa has sold approximately 100,000 cookbooks, so lets say the same amount in her share of royalties ... $350,000 last year, again this year ... not enough and guess they are well aware they need to be making a million a year to be able to statisfy that debt ...
    Joe had a small interest in that pizzeria. His dad owns it. He "sold" his interest back before Christmas 2010. He has not worked since then. They now owe in excess of $8 million which has to be repaid.

Teresa's 2nd cookbook spent 1 week on the best seller list last Spring and has been tanking ever since. God knows what she has to spend promoting it. I guess I see them as people who still spend too much money - except that now, that money truly belongs to other people. Bravo is not paying Teresa anywhere near 125K annually, and they may drop her.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    lol, you don't need a lick of experience to be a buyer for macy's.

and if the college is offering an aa degree, it must be accredited.
    Actually, MANY colleges offered completely unaccredited degrees - or they are accredited by non-academic organizations that accept payment for accreditation.

Berkeley College of NJ is accredited by Middle States (the only recognized accrediting agency for NJ) for both its AA and BA programs. I looked it up.

I read somewhere that all the housewives are being paid a standard $125k a year, and not only New Jersey. If not $125k, then how much?

I read closer to $9m months ago. I didn't know the bankruptcy petition was withdrawn. And, truly a shame that Joe and Teresa don't own the pizzeria, for that would be one asset the courts couldn't demand sold.

I read somewhere that all the housewives are being paid a standard $125k a year, and not only New Jersey. If not $125k, then how much?

I read closer to $9m months ago. I didn't know the bankruptcy petition was withdrawn. And, truly a shame that Joe and Teresa don't own the pizzeria, for that would be one asset the courts couldn't demand sold.
    In 2010 Bravo paid her $3,333 per episode, under her 3-year contract. I don't know what they currently pay her, but I don't imagine it even remotely approaches $125K annually.

Can you source that amount, please, because when goggling, I came up each NJ Housewife earning a quarter of a million, $100,000 more than I mentioned prior and not one source mention of your assertion of Teresa only receiving $3,333. Also, why on earth would Bravo sign up any housewife for a 3-year contract --- it has to be year by year ... TIA

(If not making at least $100,000, why bother being filmed, you know?)

Popeater reports that Bravo states they can only pay the women the exact same amount, which is $250,000 for the upcoming 3rd season, but Bravo gets around the issue by compensating the adult children involved with the show. The Manzo family is reportedly getting $310,000, with the Laurita family slated to earn $270,000 while the Giudices will continue to receive the base rate of $250,000.

“She brings in ratings and [really] invites viewers into her house, even the birthing room of her daughter,” (Teresa) a source tells Popeater. “That she gets less — that’s crazy!”

The source adds, “Teresa understands her children can’t get paid because of issues with child labor laws, but she just she just wants them to have a college fund.”

With the $250,000 base rate, the NJ Housewives will become the highest paid of the Bravo bunch. Not a surprise as their second season brought in the highest ratings ever in Bravo housewives’ history. The 250k is also a very high amount in comparison to the $150,000 a season the Real Housewives of Atlanta reportedly got for their 3rd season, which is currently airing.
    How Much Do The Real Housewives Of New Jersey Get Paid? | Reality Tea

Another interesting source is LynnNChicago | The Real Housewives Expert
    I did feel a bit for Andy Cohen, I knew he would take some heat for asking Teresa about her legal battles and of course her husband attempting to obtain a driver’s license using someone else’s ID (smart when you’re on television) but if Andy hadn’t asked, critics would have nailed him for letting her off the hook. He had to ask about the Bankruptcy fraud, two words that Andy repeated at least three times, (Bankruptcy Fraud) Teresa told Andy that she wasn’t charged with Bankruptcy Fraud but as Melissa pointed out, it is a matter of public record. Tre also denied that her husband was arrested for the Driver’s license thing, again a matter of public record.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 10-17-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Very little of what came out of Teresa's mouth last night made any real sense. I thought she made herself look foolish..
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Finally was able to watch the Reunion episode. It was definitely Teresa vs everyone else, even one who wasn't there.
    The first season, I thought Teresa was dumb, totally without any sense of financial competency and although, a little too self-involved, not an evil person.
    But I changed my mind when I saw the fashion show episode, aka the hair pulling situation, where Tre set up Danielle. Tre was sitting there, just waiting to pounce on Danielle as soon as she saw her. It wasn't by accident that Danielle had to pass by her as she was leaving. And Teresa attacked her like a blood thirsty pit bull, ready to fight to the death. She knew what she was doing. Danielle wasn't even looking for a fight but Teresa was. It was cold, calulated and vicious. And her friend, Jacquilene was ready to defend her friend, Tre.
    She's definitely not an intellectual but you don't need to be one if you're canny like a fox.
    I know that was when I really knew who Teresa really was.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy
    Can you source that amount, please, because when goggling, I came up each NJ Housewife earning a quarter of a million, $100,000 more than I mentioned prior and not one source mention of your assertion of Teresa only receiving $3,333. Also, why on earth would Bravo sign up any housewife for a 3-year contract --- it has to be year by year ... TIA

(If not making at least $100,000, why bother being filmed, you know?)
    The $3,333/episode is in documentary evidence - publc record and substantiated - in their court records.

The RHoNJ contracts were for 3 years. They were renegotiated last summer. Teresa was a hold out for months. It was widely reported on the Internet that their 3-year contracts were up and that Teresa was holding out for double her then current Bravo salary. No word as to whether or not she got it.

ETA: Here's an article from 6/2010 confirming the $3,333 per epi salary:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/08/r...ewives-salary/
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-18-2011 at 08:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread