+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

Caroline Manzo is the most pretentious thing out there. She thinks she is intelligent and objective and the voice of reason while at the end of the day, she's "enveloped" in the drama as much as all the others and IMO looks more the buffoon than all of them because she is so far away from who/what she thinks she is.
    I used to like Caroline, but not so much anymore. She takes herself way too seriously and she looks silly with all of her preachy talk. Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    university police departments (at least here) are REAL police depts.
    Right on. No way are they "security guards."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    If Teresa and Joe were not in such financial ruin, she'd be the same Teresa she was season 1. She has an agenda now, and that is to milk the show to bring home some serious bacon.

Owing just under 9 mil and not being able to file bankruptcy (or both Teresa and Joe face fraud charges)? Their house and contents will soon be gone ... all gone. Wouldn't be surprised to see Teresa gone, too ... the illusion of the family being able to dig themselves out is no longer possible.
    You're right, and instead of just saying: "her problems were added to with the BK" as I did in my earlier post, I should've said something to the effect of: "NOT even being able to FILE a BK on all the money they owe" or something like that, to be clearer.

Most people apparently and obviously DID like Teresa during Season 1. And, yep, apparently, her original agenda for coming on the show has DEFINITELY shifted to her making all the money she can from it, while she still can.

Let's face it: What in the hell does JUICY seem to be doing, in that regard?

Still, I think this really, REALLY nasty side of Teresa that was shown last night on the Reunion show (example: full-out calling Melissa a bitch when Melissa was saying something that she didn't agree with) is a side that was always there. Yeah, we've seen her go Thundercat on a Reunion show before, but, to me at least, last night, she took it to a whole NOTHER level, going off on people that she once claimed as friends. THEN actually having the brass ones to try to sit there and justify her actions and statements!

And I still believe that at some point in her life prior to the show, her friends had to have noticed her personality quirks, but still didn't put her on blast about the inconsistencies and lack of logic in her statements and actions. Or the fact that she never listens to anybody when she asks them for help and they try to give her their advice.

I mean, you can only keep up a front for so long before the truth rears its ugly head.

And I believe it may have reared a long, long, time ago, off camera.

Sure, she was able to keep it reined in for awhile . . .

But not permanently.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I'm the last person who would defend Teresa's deceit or the ill will she projects to everyone in the cast. However, last night was a little painful to watch. She's just so extraordinarily stupid.

It was like watching a gang of kids torturing a dog.
    Yo Poppy: I lit candles in church to see Teresa get her "comeuppins" - it was the best TV EVER! From day one I saw her for what she was -- Caroline, too. And to think she admitted shame how she acted in the past how she treated everyone -- not even knowing them -- just believed everything Teresa told her. Not to sound like a broken record, but the way they all ganged up on Danielle was cruel and unconscionable way to treat another human being.

I have no sympathy for any of them; of course, Kathy is a non-issue.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Teresa . . . From day one I saw her for what she was -- Caroline, too. And to think she admitted shame how she acted in the past how she treated everyone -- not even knowing them -- just believed everything Teresa told her.
    I've got to give Caroline kudos for that. And I believed her when she said it, too.

As I've said, she's no saint, either.

But at least she had the logic and common sense to see that she was wrong --- eventually --- and the guts to admit she had been wrong in front of everybody, his brother and the whole country.
    AmyKay, Imperfect1 and sparklete like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yikes!! What can I say?
    Looks like Teresa was in Danielle's seat at the end of S1!
    Sad, but understandable.
    Last night was getting way too painful to watch.
    Did Teresa deserve the jibes she got? Yes, she sure did.
    However, after the first 7 minutes, it felt like she was being "roasted" and there were no comedians doing it. Sad to watch.
    I don't like the ugly tone all these shows seem to be taking.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    You're right, and instead of just saying: "her problems were added to with the BK" as I did in my earlier post, I should've said something to the effect of: "NOT even being able to FILE a BK on all the money they owe" or something like that, to be clearer.

Most people apparently and obviously DID like Teresa during Season 1. And, yep, apparently, her original agenda for coming on the show has DEFINITELY shifted to her making all the money she can from it, while she still can.

Let's face it: What in the hell does JUICY seem to be doing, in that regard?

<snip>
    What can he do? He is nearly 9 million in the hole and he owns (I'm guessing) a $100,000 a year income generating pizzeria?

i believe you have to have a bachelor's to be a buyer for macy's . . . teresa was prob an asst buyer, yet i doubt she was trying to make herself seem more important by saying buyer instead of asst. as far as experience tho, you don't need any to be a buyer as i know PLENTY of ppl that got jobs straight out of college as buyers for macy's and robinsons may (before macy's bought them out) . . . . and i'm pretty sure teresa's tastes are reflective of the products in the jersey stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

An associates degree means junior or community college and in my mind, not anything that would qualify a girl in her young twenties to be a buyer for Macy's. Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Macy's isn't Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus but I would imagine at that time, it would require more experience than Teresa's. Maybe she was an assistant buyer but I doubt that either. Not to mention the fact that her taste level is not something that would appeal to the Macy stores.

pretty much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Could be, but assist or not though, she wasn't a right out of high school bride with no college education, marrying the first guy that came her way, as you said. That the was the main point, not her title at Macy's. And you also painted her as one of 11 with little parenting, but the was beside the point, since she was one of two.

lol, you don't need a lick of experience to be a buyer for macy's.

and if the college is offering an aa degree, it must be accredited.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I have seen interviews with Teresa where she says she graduated from Berkley. And she DID! Berkley College of New Jersey, which is a 2-year trade school. I'm not sure if their A.A.s are even Middle States accredited.

Anyhow, Teresa is good at spinning truth into BS. I take her published claims of being a "buyer" at Macy's to be BS, as well. You need experience as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills for that position - none of which Teresa has.

+ Reply to Thread