+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Wow, what a show last night.
    alot of what I have read online/twitter is saying that Teresa was being bullied, ganged up on, etc. I dont see it that way. She may have had someone on "her side" if she hadn't burned her bridges. She insults her friends and then calls it a joke? And like Jaq said on twitter, she could have given her friends a heads up of what was in the book, then it may have been believable that it was jokes.
    Anyway, In my opinion Teresa is getting what she deserves, I dont think she was being ganged up on. Her attitude las night was almost unbearable.
    Im glad that Andy was a little hard on her because he seems to be easy on most of the other girls at the reunions.
    Looking forward to the 2nd part. Hate that Teresa came b/w Carolyn and Dina, but there may be more to that story that hasnt been told yet.
    ness, Imperfect1 and ryansmommy like this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm the last person who would defend Teresa's deceit or the ill will she projects to everyone in the cast. However, last night was a little painful to watch. She's just so extraordinarily stupid.

It was like watching a gang of kids torturing a dog.
    SugarMama likes this.

I've been a fan of NJ but stopped watching after 2 episodes into this season. I suppose I'll end up watching the rest.

I did watch most of the reunion show last night and wonder where Jacqui is? WTH is up with Caroline? She looked to be taking herself too serious, like someone appointed her the grand Poo-Bah. And I don't know what Teresa has done, I've never liked her but they were all jumping on her last night. She held up pretty good though.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I've been a fan of NJ but stopped watching after 2 episodes into this season. I suppose I'll end up watching the rest.

I did watch most of the reunion show last night and wonder where Jacqui is? WTH is up with Caroline? She looked to be taking herself too serious, like someone appointed her the grand Poo-Bah. And I don't know what Teresa has done, I've never liked her but they were all jumping on her last night. She held up pretty good though.
    You can go back 3-4 pages here and catch up (maybe more, maybe less)...this is all about what happened during Season 4 filming, and this is Season 3!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I watched the reunion last night. I honestly don't feel like Theresa was ganged up on. What I saw reminded me so much of the reunion with Mick and Tark. Theresa is so in her own little world, she just doesn't see it. She honestly doesn't think she did anything wrong - and no one is going to be able to convince her otherwise. I'm sorry, but that whole thing about not inviting her brother to the premiere party - and her response was that if Melissa was a good wife, she would have called Theresa and told Theresa it was ok to invite him??? Are you fricking kidding me?? That was when it really struck home with me that in Theresa's mind she has honestly not done anything wrong.

I was actually impressed with both Caroline and Melissa last night. They were trying to remain calm and had valid points - backed up by examples. I actually believed them both last night. No, they are not saints. But when Theresa didn't have a response, she got nasty. That shows me three things - Theresa is not classy at all, Theresa is not smart, and Theresa is wrong. When you have a valid argument, you make it. When you don't, you get nasty and try to deflect. That is what Theresa was doing last night.
    mom2, ness, AmyKay and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I watched the reunion last night. I honestly don't feel like Theresa was ganged up on. What I saw reminded me so much of the reunion with Mick and Tark. Theresa is so in her own little world, she just doesn't see it. She honestly doesn't think she did anything wrong - and no one is going to be able to convince her otherwise. I'm sorry, but that whole thing about not inviting her brother to the premiere party - and her response was that if Melissa was a good wife, she would have called Theresa and told Theresa it was ok to invite him??? Are you fricking kidding me?? That was when it really struck home with me that in Theresa's mind she has honestly not done anything wrong.

I was actually impressed with both Caroline and Melissa last night. They were trying to remain calm and had valid points - backed up by examples. I actually believed them both last night. No, they are not saints. But when Theresa didn't have a response, she got nasty. That shows me three things - Theresa is not classy at all, Theresa is not smart, and Theresa is wrong. When you have a valid argument, you make it. When you don't, you get nasty and try to deflect. That is what Theresa was doing last night.
    I agree with this. And I don't feel sorry for Teresa. She hurt people and then wants to sit back and expect them all to take it or believe that it's her way of "joking". Also she aired all of her dirty laundry regarding her husbands dirty business sense while on a TV show showcasing her opulent lifestyle and she expects people not to question anything about her? I feel sorry for Gia; the poor girl has cried heartfelt tears all season long and her mom and dad continue to act like jackasses.

I truly believe Theresa tried to "crucify" Melissa on the show and it backfired on her. I believe she tried to bully Kathy and get Jaqueline and Caroline to bully both Melissa and Kathy and it backfired on her. I believe she became mean and nasty towards Jaqueline and Caroline when the tides started to turn and they treated Melissa and Kathy like decent people. I don't blame the others for feeling how they do about Tre.
    Last edited by mina; 10-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    mom2, ness, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.

Was warm enough to sit outside when they pulled out the book. So season 4 must be summer stuff. And they will be voicing their opinion about season 4 in January.

Theresa apparently cannot see the turning tide. (surrounded by the fakes). Oh well. Nothing lost then. At first I did not warm up to Melissa. But she appears nice enough. Has not made a ghastly monster mutation like NY chicks.

...I was actually impressed with both Caroline and Melissa last night. They were trying to remain calm and had valid points - backed up by examples. I actually believed them both last night. No, they are not saints. But when Theresa didn't have a response, she got nasty. That shows me three things - Theresa is not classy at all, Theresa is not smart, and Theresa is wrong. When you have a valid argument, you make it. When you don't, you get nasty and try to deflect. That is what Theresa was doing last night.
    Again, Caroline's over-the-top anger was regarding Season 4, which hasn't even aired yet. I think Bravo made a mistake in handling things this way. Caroline, who can show more "class" than any of them, scowled throughout most of the first show.

The bolded statement above has always been true, in my opinion, and didn't just pop up last night. In terms of being or not being classy or smart, I see no difference between Teresa and Melissa... throwing around money doesn't indicate class, good taste, or intelligence. Neither of these two possess any of those characteristics, in my opinion.

Kathy's "okay" but not worth watching. And half the time Caroline looks as if she's sucked on that lemon too long. I DID appreciate the segment where all of them were shown mispronouncing words. Good for that, Bravo, make it fair.

I'm not watching NJ anymore. It's right down there with Atlanta and Miami - a waste of an hour each week. Finis!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Wow, what a show last night.
    alot of what I have read online/twitter is saying that Teresa was being bullied, ganged up on, etc. I dont see it that way. She may have had someone on "her side" if she hadn't burned her bridges. She insults her friends and then calls it a joke? And like Jaq said on twitter, she could have given her friends a heads up of what was in the book, then it may have been believable that it was jokes.
    Anyway, In my opinion Teresa is getting what she deserves, I dont think she was being ganged up on. Her attitude las night was almost unbearable.

Looking forward to the 2nd part. Hate that Teresa came b/w Carolyn and Dina, but there may be more to that story that hasnt been told yet.
    I watched the reunion last night. I honestly don't feel like Theresa was ganged up on. Theresa is so in her own little world, she just doesn't see it. She honestly doesn't think she did anything wrong - and no one is going to be able to convince her otherwise. I'm sorry, but that whole thing about not inviting her brother to the premiere party - and her response was that if Melissa was a good wife, she would have called Theresa and told Theresa it was ok to invite him??? Are you fricking kidding me?? That was when it really struck home with me that in Theresa's mind she has honestly not done anything wrong.

I agree with AmyKay and KatesMom.

Teresa is childlike. She can't see, hear, or LISTEN to anything that doesn't ratify who and what she is. And, usually, who and what she is is DEAD WRONG.

And she didn't JUST get this way. I'm no shrink, but I'm willing to BET that she was the way she is LONG before she ever popped up on the first aired episode of RHONJ.

Being on the show, I believe, just fed the beast. Then, her problems were added to with the BK, being married to Juicy and the whole country seeing him for what he was, etc.

IIRC, she actually admitted on the Reunion show that she was pi$$ed about Melissa and Kathy being brought onto the show and nobody TOLD her about it.

WTF????

Since WHEN does Bravo, or Melissa or Kathy owe Teresa any explanations about what they're doing? I mean, is this third grade and they have to ask the teacher's permission before they leave the room to go potty?

Please.

Sure, it would've been NICE if somebody'd mentioned it, but obviously, nobody did because they KNEW Teresa was gonna go off like a $2 hooker on a $50 trick.

If Teresa was the happy, strong, secure woman that she believes she is, she wouldn't've given a flying rip WHO showed up as a new regular on the show. Her attitude might have been something along the lines of: "Hey, the more, the merrier! Let's PARTY!"

All that having been said, I honestly DO still feel sorry for the woman.

Now, to throw a monkey wrench into my OWN machinery (just a little food for thought) . . .

IMHO, all the REST of the NJ crew is partially to blame for Teresa ending up as Danielle the Second, too.

Refer back to what I said, above:

". . . she didn't JUST get this way. I'm no shrink, but I'm willing to BET that she was the way she is LONG before she ever popped up on the first aired episode of RHONJ."

And these were her friends. And THEY chose to put up with her. And their choosing to continue to do so --- even after the many examples we've seen on the show of them trying to talk some sense into her; surely they did the SAME THING before any of them signed onto the show --- just sent an unspoken message to Teresa that she was OK, just as she was. Not a ONE of them chose to put her on the back burner, so she could sit there by herself and maybe figure out WHY she was --- essentially --- being put in "time out" by them (going back to third grade, if you will).

Then, everybody wound up on TV, and now, apparently, the whole thing has blown up in ALL their faces, all over the country.

I don't think anyone did Teresa any favors by NOT putting her in check long ago.

I believe stuff can cut BOTH ways, sometimes.
    Last edited by ness; 10-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    KatesMom and sparklete like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

If Teresa and Joe were not in such financial ruin, she'd be the same Teresa she was season 1. She has an agenda now, and that is to milk the show to bring home some serious bacon.

Owing just under 9 mil and not being able to file bankruptcy (or both Teresa and Joe face fraud charges)? Their house and contents will soon be gone ... all gone. Wouldn't be surprised to see Teresa gone, too ... the illusion of the family being able to dig themselves out is no longer possible.

+ Reply to Thread