+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Okay - 26 minutes into the Reunion Show...I've decided I am d-u-n with this show. This isn't entertainment.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Berkeley College (NJ) does offer a BS degree along with two AA degree's (on their web site). I was a Menswear buyer for Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC at the age of 26. I was an assistant buyer for a 24 store department store at 22, right out of college, and worked my way up to buyer in one year and then bought for a variety of areas (womens jewelry and accessories, housewares, china/gifts) until I went to Saks. I bought Mens Suits/Formal Wear for ALL Saks stores. And, yes, there are grades of merchandise at each store based on the local demographic, but they are ALL bought by the same buyer at corporate. So, I worked with Armani in Italy and I had our store label suits made in China. I have no reason to disbelieve Teresa. She may come off as dumb, but I think she has business acumen.
    These women are a trip, aren't they? Teresa has made only two missteps as far as I can tell. Numer one is marrying Joe and number two is letting the green eye of jealousy take hold.

But, all her antics will pay off. She is strong, scrappy, and street smart. I hope she gets a career of her own and ditches Joe.

Caroline Manzo is the most pretentious thing out there. She thinks she is intelligent and objective and the voice of reason while at the end of the day, she's "enveloped" in the drama as much as all the others and IMO looks more the buffoon than all of them because she is so far away from who/what she thinks she is.

Another reason to like Teresa.

I do think Teresa has business sense about her. Would love to see her succeed.

What's killing me is that a lot of off-the-wall statements are being attributed to Teresa, she is owning up to, and saying "It's a JOKE! I was KIDDING!" (i.e., the comments about Jews, Italians, etc.).

Please.

Teresa, back it up and try it again.

Who in the hell jokes like that?

Nobody LOVES to laugh more than I do . . .

But facts are facts.

Some damn things are just NOT funny.

If she is really THAT dense, then she needs to be licensed to breathe and walk around.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

That whole show was "put Teresa on a spit, spin and roast." Caroline's facial expressions were a turn off, ugh, came across as very immature. Kathy's eyerolls were over the top. Teresa was playing defense the whole time. The whole thing was just hard to watch. Personally, I can't muster any energy to care about any these women any longer.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Teresa came off very badly. It wasn't the most hostile reunion ever; at least Teresa's bull was seen for what it was by everyone in attendance.
    AmyKay and sparklete like this.

To me this reunion felt like all they were trying to do was show that Teresa is not an intelligent woman. But instead they came off as a bunch of bullies. Teresa will never admit to doing or saying anything wrong, because she honestly believes she didn't.

Or maybe they are all jealous that she is on Celebrity Apprentince.
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall View Post
    To me this reunion felt like all they were trying to do was show that Teresa is not an intelligent woman. But instead they came off as a bunch of bullies. Teresa will never admit to doing or saying anything wrong, because she honestly believes she didn't.
    I completely agree. Perhaps Bravo should wait until after one season and its Reunion is filmed before starting another one. It was obvious the bile and bitterness from the Reunion aired last night was a result of what happened in the Season 4 filming, which we'll not see for a few months yet.

I did not see the show. I believe that Theresa has aimed at being down to earth and is getting roasted as stupid. Some people are put at a disadvantage by their surroundings. Maybe this is the case. They are in a place that emphasizes the superficial. So she is excelling in that. But in the real world that is most disgusting. Caring about others rates very highly. Originally I was a Theresa and Caroline lover. Her not trying to get along was really turning me off. She was trying to not get along. And I guess she felt so criticized she is like a mad cat, going to fight with anything because she is an animal. We all need to work on an open heart. But I guess Theresa is demonstrating a petrified one....sending her more in the direction she doesn't want to go. Because being kind just cannot be an option. But the one she is really being unkind to is herself. Im my Fort opinion.
    AmyKay likes this.

Also, This funky filiming setup has made everything so confusing!

Last night's Reunion Show started out of the gate filled with anger and resentment...and it was pretty much Attack Teresa Night, with a little bit of showcasing Melissa thrown in. That didn't connect with the final episode for Season 3 we watched last week, where everybody seemed to be getting along (for this bunch). HUH? disconnect

That was because they'd not even filmed the S3 Reunion until they were almost finished filming S4. Then the explosion occurred, the results of which we saw last night. So we were seeing the emotions from S4 but the footage from S3. In fact, someone (Teresa?) started to say something and stopped herself, saying "Oh, that's Season 4, can't mention that..."

So it was just a witches' brew (), a real mess.

Another thing that annoyed me this weekend was the internet blurbs by Bravo saying, "Oh no! Caroline and Jacqueline have not been fired, they WILL be back next season!" DUH, Bravo, you've already filmed it. A lot of people don't know that, however, and that will cast doubt on the rumors of the blowup with Jacqueline saying she's quitting. Maybe Caroline did get fired or quit, but it was after S4 was in the can (or close to it).

What a mess.

+ Reply to Thread