+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3295Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Berkeley College (NJ) does offer a BS degree along with two AA degree's (on their web site). I was a Menswear buyer for Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC at the age of 26. I was an assistant buyer for a 24 store department store at 22, right out of college, and worked my way up to buyer in one year and then bought for a variety of areas (womens jewelry and accessories, housewares, china/gifts) until I went to Saks. I bought Mens Suits/Formal Wear for ALL Saks stores. And, yes, there are grades of merchandise at each store based on the local demographic, but they are ALL bought by the same buyer at corporate. So, I worked with Armani in Italy and I had our store label suits made in China. I have no reason to disbelieve Teresa. She may come off as dumb, but I think she has business acumen.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    A bit off topic, but I couldn't help commenting about the reference to the different 'quality' of the same stores, like Macy's. I found out a number of years ago, that most major chains have different 'versions' of their store -- depending on the neighborhood and type of customers they have. Even if you didn't know this to be a fact, if you think about the stores you've visited in different areas, you'll probably realize that this is generally true. Like Macy's for example, or Walgreens drugstores, or Ace Hardware stores, or many other types of chain stores, in the upscale neighborhoods the stores have more and better inventory. In the poor neighborhoods, not so much. An executive from one of the former major department stores ("May Company") told me that May Company had 'A' 'B' 'C' and 'D' quality stores, depending upon location and customer demagraphics, and that this was pretty much the case throughout retail marketing. Sometimes the higher end versions of the stores will go by a slightly different name (like "Super Target" vs plain old "Target"), but it's the same idea.
    You are right about some different merchandise dependant upon socio economic environment, but that is not what I meant.

It has been a while, so I am not sure what the structure is today, in fact, I do know it changed --- everything changed in the mid-late 90s, but in the 80's, for example, northwestern Macy's stores encompassed an entirely different company than west coast Macy's stores. Yes, part of the same federation, but different buyers and merchandise purchases were not coordinated for they were different companies --- back then.

*Sighs, shakes head . . .*

Well, no matter what the SPECIFIC point of conversation is regarding Teresa at any given moment, I think we are all mostly in agreement . . .

If Teresa HAD a brain, she would TRULY be off-the-chain DANGEROUS.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Dina Manzo, Sister Caroline No Longer Speaking, Blame Terese Giudice

Don't know if this is a surprise to anyone, but it certainly verifies the rumors. Truth ... or publicity for the Reunion?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    *Sighs, shakes head . . .*

Well, no matter what the SPECIFIC point of conversation is regarding Teresa at any given moment, I think we are all mostly in agreement . . .

If Teresa HAD a brain, she would TRULY be off-the-chain DANGEROUS.
    Maybe she should go see The Wizard!
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Both of Teresa's cookbooks are co-authored. I have read that her blogs are ghost written, as well. Her grasp of the English language doesn't seem competent enough to enable her to write anything more ambitious than a shopping list - and she probably would be unable to pronounce some of the items on it.
    She's not even competent enough to write a shopping list. It would start with "Ingrediences:"
    kireelady likes this.

I think Gia writes the shopping list ...

It's blatantly obvious that Tre does not have a grasp of the English language. No way she writes the books or the blogs. The phrasing is all wrong, and the spelling is all right.

Her phrasing was funny at first, until she went all diva.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

If Teresa had a brain, she'd leave Juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    If Teresa had a brain, she'd leave Juicy.

But that's just it, Dragonlady . . .

She DOESN'T!

The brain Teresa might've had years ago went out to lunch, and it STILL hasn't made it back for dinner!!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's simply not hungry yet!
    ness and Poppy Fields like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread