+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

This Reunion preview clip looks weird. Only 4 on the set? If this preview is to entice me to watch, I probably will...but my first thought is: time to scrap this cast and start over! How about spending the money wasted on New Jersey and split it between Beverly Hills and New York - make THEM interesting. Do something!

The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 3 - A Shocking Two-Part Reunion - Video - Bravo TV Official Site
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Hi I just wanted to comment on your reply re: the 11 children. I think you are confusing them with the Laurita's. Teresa and Joe Gorga, I believe, just have each other and no other siblings.
    You're absolutely right. I got the families mixed up but I still think T & Joe's dad is the original ogre. I think he's partial to Teresa, a self centered, complaining man, seems to enjoy withholding praise/love to Joe Gorga.
    I think with all of Teresa and Juicy's debts, the parents must be the ones who buy all those clothes for the girls and Teresa, unless Bravo provides "wardrobes" for them. Teresa never wears the same thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Teresa and her brother are the only children in the Gorga family. Caroline and Chris (Laurita) are from the family of 11. Teresa received an associates degree in fashion merchandising (I think that was the degree) from a local college. She worked as a buyer at Macy's until she married Joe when she was around 27.
    An associates degree means junior or community college and in my mind, not anything that would qualify a girl in her young twenties to be a buyer for Macy's. Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Macy's isn't Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus but I would imagine at that time, it would require more experience than Teresa's. Maybe she was an assistant buyer but I doubt that either. Not to mention the fact that her taste level is not something that would appeal to the Macy stores.
    mom2 likes this.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    You're absolutely right. I got the families mixed up but I still think T & Joe's dad is the original ogre. I think he's partial to Teresa, a self centered, complaining man, seems to enjoy withholding praise/love to Joe Gorga.
    I think with all of Teresa and Juicy's debts, the parents must be the ones who buy all those clothes for the girls and Teresa, unless Bravo provides "wardrobes" for them. Teresa never wears the same thing ever.

An associates degree means junior or community college and in my mind, not anything that would qualify a girl in her young twenties to be a buyer for Macy's. Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Macy's isn't Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus but I would imagine at that time, it would require more experience than Teresa's. Maybe she was an assistant buyer but I doubt that either. Not to mention the fact that her taste level is not something that would appeal to the Macy stores.
    Could be, but assist or not though, she wasn't a right out of high school bride with no college education, marrying the first guy that came her way, as you said. That the was the main point, not her title at Macy's. And you also painted her as one of 11 with little parenting, but the was beside the point, since she was one of two.
    buttahfly likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I have seen interviews with Teresa where she says she graduated from Berkley. And she DID! Berkley College of New Jersey, which is a 2-year trade school. I'm not sure if their A.A.s are even Middle States accredited.

Anyhow, Teresa is good at spinning truth into BS. I take her published claims of being a "buyer" at Macy's to be BS, as well. You need experience as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills for that position - none of which Teresa has.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I have seen interviews with Teresa where she says she graduated from Berkley. And she DID! Berkley College of New Jersey......
    My heart skipped a beat when I started reading and saw your "And she DID!" Whoa, what a good "gotcha" that was
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Dragonlady, we are both from California and I get where you are coming from. Here, an associates degree doesn't mean squat. However, in the east, an entirely different story. Also, Macy's New York is not as upscale as Macy's in California. Finally, in retail --- when I was growing up --- a title didn't always define rank, in that some stores had assistant buyers and buyers, others had buyers and head buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Could be, but assist or not though, she wasn't a right out of high school bride with no college education, marrying the first guy that came her way, as you said. That the was the main point, not her title at Macy's. And you also painted her as one of 11 with little parenting, but the was beside the point, since she was one of two.
    I think you've got me mixed up with someone else's posts.
    I'm the one that made the mistake of thinking she came from a family of 11 kids. It was her father I was aiming at as a target. Not Tre.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Dragonlady, we are both from California and I get where you are coming from. Here, an associates degree doesn't mean squat. However, in the east, an entirely different story. Also, Macy's New York is not as upscale as Macy's in California. Finally, in retail --- when I was growing up --- a title didn't always define rank, in that some stores had assistant buyers and buyers, others had buyers and head buyers.
    Thanks.
    I didn't know that about AA degrees in the east nor about Macy's not being upscale.
    Here in Calif. I see two different Macy's....one similar to JC Penny's and others, like the one in Pasadena, that rivals Nordstrom, in quality inventory.
    But I still believe that Tre couldn't have been a buyer or assistant buyer (unless assistant buyer equals "go-fer.") I really doubt her taste level declined as she aged. And its' a position that can be easily judged by sales or lack of sales.

Maybe she means Macy's the grocery store in Utah... Maybe she bought for them. hahahaha
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I didn't know that about AA degrees in the east nor about Macy's not being upscale.
    Here in Calif. I see two different Macy's....one similar to JC Penny's and others, like the one in Pasadena, that rivals Nordstrom, in quality inventory.
    A bit off topic, but I couldn't help commenting about the reference to the different 'quality' of the same stores, like Macy's. I found out a number of years ago, that most major chains have different 'versions' of their store -- depending on the neighborhood and type of customers they have. Even if you didn't know this to be a fact, if you think about the stores you've visited in different areas, you'll probably realize that this is generally true. Like Macy's for example, or Walgreens drugstores, or Ace Hardware stores, or many other types of chain stores, in the upscale neighborhoods the stores have more and better inventory. In the poor neighborhoods, not so much. An executive from one of the former major department stores ("May Company") told me that May Company had 'A' 'B' 'C' and 'D' quality stores, depending upon location and customer demagraphics, and that this was pretty much the case throughout retail marketing. Sometimes the higher end versions of the stores will go by a slightly different name (like "Super Target" vs plain old "Target"), but it's the same idea.
    buttahfly likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    A bit off topic, but I couldn't help commenting about the reference to the different 'quality' of the same stores, like Macy's. I found out a number of years ago, that most major chains have different 'versions' of their store -- depending on the neighborhood and type of customers they have. Even if you didn't know this to be a fact, if you think about the stores you've visited in different areas, you'll probably realize that this is generally true. Like Macy's for example, or Walgreens drugstores, or Ace Hardware stores, or many other types of chain stores, in the upscale neighborhoods the stores have more and better inventory. In the poor neighborhoods, not so much. An executive from one of the former major department stores ("May Company") told me that May Company had 'A' 'B' 'C' and 'D' quality stores, depending upon location and customer demagraphics, and that this was pretty much the case throughout retail marketing. Sometimes the higher end versions of the stores will go by a slightly different name (like "Super Target" vs plain old "Target"), but it's the same idea.
    Thank you for pointing this out. I had no idea that that department stores have interior "grades." I was a little confused by earlier posts since I've never been to a Macy's that I considerd less than upscale - anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread