+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think that Caroline is one of those people who will freely give out advice (which is why she's got a radio show) and gets really frustrated when a person doesn't just follow her advice exactly as she said it. With Teresa, she gave her advice on how to make things better with Joe and Melissa. Then, as Teresa didn't follow that advice, Caroline got frustrated and shut her down. As she saw Teresa continue to bring up the past and argue old fights, Caroline gut mad, thinking "I told you how to end this, why aren't you listening" and that's where the attitude came from. Is is holier than thou? Maybe. But I think that many many viewers were saying the same thing about Teresa. After all, when the show started, she was one of the most popular women, and look how the audience has turned against her. I think Caroline reflects what many of us viewers are thinking.
    AmyKay and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that Caroline is one of those people who will freely give out advice (which is why she's got a radio show) and gets really frustrated when a person doesn't just follow her advice exactly as she said it. With Teresa, she gave her advice on how to make things better with Joe and Melissa. Then, as Teresa didn't follow that advice, Caroline got frustrated and shut her down. As she saw Teresa continue to bring up the past and argue old fights, Caroline gut mad, thinking "I told you how to end this, why aren't you listening" and that's where the attitude came from. Is is holier than thou? Maybe. But I think that many many viewers were saying the same thing about Teresa. After all, when the show started, she was one of the most popular women, and look how the audience has turned against her. I think Caroline reflects what many of us viewers are thinking.

You do make a valid point that Caroline will freely give advice --- the radio show IS a good example. But, to me, even in the instance when she's dispensing advice on a radio show, she couldn't do it if people didn't call in and ask her questions in the first place.

My head starts to spin when I try to think of the NUMBER of times Teresa has presented a problem to Caroline and/or Jac (but primarily and usually Caroline for this example, of course), but then TALKED OVER THEM WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO ANSWER HER.

That wound-up witch didn't listen to word one of what was being said to her. OR, if she DID shut up for a nanosecond, and nodded and bobbed her head up and down to SHOW she got it, it seemed like seconds later, she'd usually turn around and do the EXACT opposite of whatever it was that she'd been advised to do or NOT do.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, to me.

I mean, come on, maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw, but it seemed to me that Caroline didn't usually always appear to try to run through THAT particular "Advice, please!" or "Whaddya THINK?" door of Teresa's unless TERESA opened it. And it seemed to me that when Caroline might have been stepping through the door to go on through it, Teresa (figuratively speaking, of course) was standing there closing/slamming the door on Caroline's foot, left, right and center.

That's kinda like closing the barn door after half of the horse is already out of it.

Eventually, that horse is gonna get damned sick and tired of being slammed in that door, and they're maybe going to try to ignore you, if you'll let them. Walk away from you if they can, OR . . .

You're gonna catch 'em JJJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTT T right, one day, and without your realizing it, or even smelling it coming, they're gonna seriously nut up, turn around, bite the living s**t out of you, then circle around and try to stomp you into the dust from whence you came, for good measure.

Dogs get tired, and iron wears out.

I think Caroline --- while CERTAINLY no saint herself --- had just had ENOUGH of Teresa.
    Last edited by ness; 10-10-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    mom2, KatesMom and lilcountriegal like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    My head starts to spin when I try to think of the NUMBER of times Teresa has presented a problem to Caroline and/or Jac (but primarily and usually Caroline for this example, of course), but then TALKED OVER THEM WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO ANSWER HER.

That wound-up witch didn't listen to word one of what was being said to her. OR, if she DID shut up for a nanosecond, and nodded and bobbed her head up and down to SHOW she got it, seconds later, she'd usually turn around and do the EXACT opposite of whatever it was that she'd been advised to do or NOT do....
    True, Teresa's pleas for advice have all been for show, literally. I can completely understand Caroline and Jacqueline's frustration, as in "here she comes again!" frustration.
    ness likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure that Teresa would consider what she's said to be pleas for advice. Maybe she and Caroline just misunderstood each others motives. I think a lot of the time that Teresa was talking to Caroline and Jacqueline about her family issues, in Caroline's eyes, she was asking for advice, but in Teresa's eyes, she was rallying the troops to her side.

I watched it just now. Caroline looks great.

I think that Theresa probably was trying to be funny. Maybe we can watch these reality shows and learn things in a not painful way for our lives.

I think the lesson is that people with the thinnest skins cause the most drama. And a mother's love can cloud judgement. Theresa should watch what she says. She should also not be talking about Caroline's boys. That being said, I would have asked my son how a stripper car was would affect people's lives. Anybody who wants to make money off of someone else taking off their clothes is just plain sleazy. Tough boy (not) why don't you just take off your clothes. STUPIDO! EW! On a path to um? Caroline does not mind if her son attracts people interested only in sickly earned dollars.

Had to edit this. Caroline looks very good BUT her son does not.
    Last edited by Lizard; 10-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.

That was totally free, Catholic advice
    Poppy Fields likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Whoever posted upthread that this rift between Teresa and Caroline is Bravo's storyline is right! Having watched the finale it was as clear as day to me.

It was all about Teresa selling cookbooks and Bravo hooking us in on some pretend drama. Seriously. They were reading from the cookbook! Last season Bravo pretty much ignored T's first cookbook giving it next to zero exposure - and she complained publicly about that being a contractual breach on Bravo's part. So, it looks like they worked it into the plot. I don't think Caroline and Teresa have ever been friends off camera. And Teresa obviously can't sell a cookup without backstabbing people in it!

And Caroline had a "wink-wink" radio show, not a real one. It was arranged by Bravo for the show, and was only aired while the season was being filmed. Kind of like her sons' jobs. She admitted this on camera to Regis and Kelly earlier this year.

And Jacqueline was still throwing Ashley under the bus! The more I thnk about the whole Ashley storyline, the more I wonder what kind of mother Jacqueline is. Even if it's all fake, what kind of mother does that? Bye, Jacqui. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$.

I had NJ on probation, gave this season a shot with no Danielle and the addition of Kathy and Melissa. Fun in the beginning, but I've lost so much interest. Is it the show, me, or both?

I'm just a few centimeters away from relegating NJ to the same same status (in my book) as Atlanta and Miami. It just isn't interesting to me anymore, real drama or fake drama. I keep watching, hoping for something entertaining to pop up, but isn't everything so predictable now? I no longer care about these characters. Oh well, there's still BH and NYC.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I had NJ on probation, gave this season a shot with no Danielle and the addition of Kathy and Melissa. Fun in the beginning, but I've lost so much interest. Is it the show, me, or both?

I'm just a few centimeters away from relegating NJ to the same same status (in my book) as Atlanta and Miami. It just isn't interesting to me anymore, real drama or fake drama. I keep watching, hoping for something entertaining to pop up, but isn't everything so predictable now? I no longer care about these characters. Oh well, there's still BH and NYC.
    I'm with you there SugarMama. I stopped watching this series. It was beingging to be like watching the Jersey Shore only differences is the "actors" are older.
    Teresa asks for advice but will only listen to the advice given to her if you agree with her. DC, Miami and now jersey are banned from my BRAVO watching. I'll give Atlanta a last shot so we'll see.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    True, Teresa's pleas for advice have all been for show, literally. I can completely understand Caroline and Jacqueline's frustration, as in "here she comes again!" frustration.
    I have to give Caroline and Jac credit . . .

They're better women than I am.

I'd've had ONE "Come to Jesus" talk with Teresa a LONG time ago, THEN cut her a$$ loose if she kept cutting up on me.

I really don't see how they've managed to tolerate her this long.

EVEN to be on a TV show.
    SugarMama likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread