+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2704Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Sugar MaMa...I didn't take your comments as a criticism. I was trying to agree with your point.

Although as we see by the posts above, every geographical region has its own unique culture. Some are just more extreme than others. And, Bravo has tried just about all of them on one show or another!
    I didn't watch Miama or even Atlanta - it wasn't realistic to me. New York City and Beverly Hills have been ones I could identify with. New Jersey... whoa! Just totally new to me
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I started out watching the Real Housewife franchise when O.C. came out & did enjoy it. I think the whole concept, at that time, was to show a group of "wealthier" women having fun going shopping, to dinner, partying & some general snarking about each other mixed in. That was when this was fun & everyone was talking about it thus it became popular. BRAVO realizing they had a potential goldmine idea here decided to branch out to other cities & decided to slowly ramp-up the snarkiness. hmmmm is that even a word?

With this sudden "fame" these women became "stars-in-their-own-minds" then all of a sudden you had this cluster "mess" (see I can keep it PG). The drama, acusations, the fights all became their normal lives. She who said/did the most outrageous things got the most buzz & press all apparently with BRAVO's full endorsement. Don't kid yourself, BRAVO knows all. These women were never "besties" in the real world; they were casual acquaintences at best. Not one of them, when put under the microscope, comes out clean. Yes this does include Bethenny...just sayin. Never put what I knew & I do feel a bit remorseful that I did put a link to Lynne's daughter up.

With this sudden "fame' comes all of the pitfalls; divorces, brankruptcies, children with issues being brought up & tragically a death. I honestly have not watched these shows much these past few months. I forget when they are even on. My dvr still records them but most times I just delete or fastforward through 90%. These shows have become unwatchable. I may give the New York reboot a try...maybe.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Check this out:

Caroline Manzo, Jacqueline Laurita Leaving 'Real Housewives Of New Jersey'

Caroline's leaving, too, it says - and that Caroline and Jacqueline were told a while back to up the drama or risk getting the boot, plus other info. The "behind the scenes" is more interesting than the "on the screens"
    momrek06 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Teresa creates enough drama for everyone. I don't blame Caroline and Jac for leaving.... It has always seemed like Jac would kind of start to stir a pot but then would back off. Good for her for not having it in her to create ficticious drama. I always knew Caroline wouldn't stay with this wacked out show for long.

Let the Giudice and Gorga's duke it out... they do anyway.
    momrek06 likes this.

I'm halfway - well, mostly I guess -- kidding about the quirkiness of The South. Hale, some of my favorite people are there! And truth be told, I kinda love it. Thought I better put it out here, b/c I know how ascerbic I can be, ok I'm gonna lighten up a little!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Oh, midwesterners are flat out honest compared to the stunning inauthenticity of the charming South. :]
    It's not always authentic charm but what is?? I actually love visiting the South (except for the humidity). Southern charm is definitely delightful but then I only visit. I don't live there. If I did, I'd find all the same problems that are everywhere else.
    I actually love it when they say, "Why, bless your heart!" even though I know it's code for "Why, aren't you stupid!"
    Guess I just prefer sentiments wrapped in velvet.
    Prism, Poppy Fields and SugarMama like this.

One of the main reasons I got drawn into --- or let myself BE drawn into, rather --- this particular "Housewives" show was that I took a shine to Caroline and her crew.

"Go kill each other in your OWN homes . . . I don't CARE! But not in MY house!"

And then, when she jumped into the Kim G mess at Melissa's house with both feet (IIRC) and she and the boys ACTUALLY THREW KIM G OUT OF MELISSA'S CRIB (if I'm recalling the specifics of that wrong, anybody please put me on blast about that!)?!

Whoah. I LOVED that. I HAD to.

I mean, c'mon . . . A CAST MEMBER on a REALITY show who ACTUALLY stood up and stopped over-the-top bs from going down, and did it CONSISTENTLY?

Yeah, she had her moments of insanity, as well ("They're BOTH children of privilege!" ), but to me, that only enhanced the fact that she, too, was as human and flawed as the rest of 'em. And I liked that about her, too. It made her come across as not-so-perfect, and I could live with that and keep liking her because she was the one out of the whole bunch of 'em that usually displayed that she had at least two brain cells to rub together.

If Caroline, is, indeed, gone, I can't say that really surprises me too much. IF I continue to watch (never HAVE watched any of the others, BTW), I DO have to say that I'll miss her, because in the midst of all this (real and Bravo-manufactured) lunacy, it was refreshing to have at least one usually calm eye in the middle of all the storms that were swirling about. To me, that calm eye only amped up and magnified the ridiculousness that circled it.

Which, to me, only enhances the total picture, and makes it more interesting. NOT so totally loud, over-the-top, overwhelming and in-your-face.

Oh, well . . .

It's Bravo's loss.

Shame on 'em.
    Last edited by ness; 10-05-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    AmyKay, Moontat and sparklete like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    One of the main reasons I got drawn into --- or let myself BE drawn into, rather --- this particular "Housewives" show was that I took a shine to Caroline and her crew.

"Go kill each other in your OWN homes . . . I don't CARE! But not in MY house!"

And then, when she jumped into the Kim G mess at Melissa's house with both feet (IIRC) and she and the boys ACTUALLY THREW KIM G OUT OF MELISSA'S CRIB (if I'm recalling the specifics of that wrong, anybody please put me on blast about that!)?!

Whoah. I LOVED that. I HAD to.

I mean, c'mon . . . A CAST MEMBER on a REALITY show who ACTUALLY stood up and stopped over-the-top bs from going down, and did it CONSISTENTLY?

Yeah, she had her moments of insanity, as well ("They're BOTH children of privilege!" ), but to me, that only enhanced the fact that she, too, was as human and flawed as the rest of 'em. And I liked that about her, too. It made her come across as not-so-perfect, and I could live with that and keep liking her because she was the one out of the whole bunch of 'em that usually displayed that she had at least two brain cells to rub together.

If Caroline, is, indeed, gone, I can't say that really surprises me too much. IF I continue to watch (never HAVE watched any of the others, BTW), I DO have to say that I'll miss her, because in the midst of all this (real and Bravo-manufactured) lunacy, it was refreshing to have at least one usually calm eye in the middle of all the storms that were swirling about. To me, that calm eye only amped up and magnified the ridiculousness that circled it.

Which, to me, only enhances the total picture, and makes it more interesting. NOT so totally loud, over-the-top, overwhelming and in-your-face.

Oh, well . . . It's Bravo's loss. Shame on 'em.
    TOTALLY agree with you, ness. I like and respect Caroline too, and she (and her husband) are the voices of sanity in the group. By the way, Bravo/Andy Cohen announced the information that ALL of the cast members will be back next season! http://www.accesshollywood.com/andy-cohen-all-jersey-housewives-are-returning-next-season_article_54607 (If link doesn't work, you can go to AccessHollywood.com, Oct 4th, "Andy Cohen - All Jersey Housewives Are Returning Next Season")
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-06-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    TOTALLY agree with you, ness. I like and respect Caroline too, and she (and her husband) are the voices of sanity in the group. By the way, Bravo/Andy Cohen announced the information that ALL of the cast members will be back next season! http://www.accesshollywood.com/andy-cohen-all-jersey-housewives-are-returning-next-season_article_54607 (If link doesn't work, you can go to AccessHollywood.com, Oct 4th, "Andy Cohen - All Jersey Housewives Are Returning Next Season")
    That would be referencing the one they're almost finished filming now, so Jacqueline quits at the end of that season, right? And she and Caroline won't be coming back for the next one. Is that correct, or it too early for me?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    That would be referencing the one they're almost finished filming now, so Jacqueline quits at the end of that season, right? And she and Caroline won't be coming back for the next one. Is that correct, or it too early for me?

Hmmmmm . . .

What you're saying would sound about right, to me.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread