+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I don't think they put their assets in her name, because she's in bankruptcy too. That would not do anything helpful for them.

No bank would lend them money for at least ten years. But their families are rich, and Joe's dad already bought a pizzeria for them.

The 10K/month is a gift. You don't pay income taxes on gifts. But the "giver" pays a gift tax on it. Once you have given more than $13,000 in cash to one person annually, you have to pay gift taxes further cash gifts to him/her. If the money is paid directly to a bank or other institution (to make a mortgage payment or whatever) there is no gift tax incurred.

The contractors cannot file liens unless the Giudices' Chapter 7 bankruptcy relief petition is kicked out of court. If it goes through, their debts are discharged including the money they owe to the contractors.

Just read Tresa's blog at Bravo & she said she has a surprise announcement coming soon. Either Bravo gave her a show of her own or else she & Joe mated again.
    I swear if Bravo gives this woman her own show I am going to block that channel from my tv's.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    If I understand correctly, Poppy said that the bankrupty claim was denied and they are indebted for the 11 mil. I rewatched most of the season yesterday and in the scene with their lawyer, i thought he said that their assets would be transferred to Teresa so that they couldn't be touched. Is that why the auction of their belongings never took place?
    Their lawyer was explaining that there would not be an auction of their personal property, because it had been agreed that Teresa could buy it all back at an agreed upon price. That arrangement would purportedly produce more funds than an action would have. The worth of their personal possessions would be a very small percentage of their assets.

The bankruptcy fraud trial is next month. If they are found guilty, they will not get a Chapter 7 discharge.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-15-2011 at 06:30 PM.

The gossip sites today are all a-buzz with RHoNJ rumors today. I'm reading that Bravo has signed new cast members, that Jacqueline won't be around for Season 5, that Teresa will be a 2012 cast member on Celebrity Apprentice, and that Teresa had a fight with somebody in the bathroom at the annual Posche fashion show last night.

I wonder if anyone told Teresa that any she earns on CA has to go to charity?

Didn't Jill have a Family Trust that she always called charity?? Hmmmm.

I hope Jacqueline is on the reunion, but cannot blame her if she's had enough.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

In the article below, It's unclear if Jacqueline's remarks are directed at Bravo or her castmats. She has always worked at being objective where the other wives are concerned - including Danielle. Is this possibly a reaction to the other wives' response to Theresa?

What charade?
    Why does she refer to herself as a REAL housewife? Are the others fake in some way?
    Who is she referring to when she says "BS &sh***y low life people"?

I've only been popping into te show from time to time due to workload, and don't have a handle on where things are with her.

Reality TV

Jacqueline Laurita Leaving 'Real Housewives'?
    Media reports say the New Jersey star has quit the show
    Posted by Nicole Tsong Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:02:54 PM
    Housewives are dropping like flies. Jacqueline Laurita, of Bravo's "The Real Housewives of New Jersey," has reportedly walked away from the small screen.

Bing: More about "The Real Housewives of New Jersey"

Jacquilne has quit the show, media reports said, just weeks after four cast members from "The Real Housewives of New York City" were given the boot from their show. A source told People magazine Jacqueline "had to walk away for her sanity."

The star has been frank about her frustration on her Twitter feed, and said she wasn't going to the reunion, which taped on Wednesday, according to People magazine. On Wednesday, Jacqueline tweeted, "I can't be part of the Charade anymore.It's unsettling. It's disturbing & against what I stand for. I'm a REAL housewife." The day before that, she tweeted, "2b honest.I'm tired of the BS &sh***y low life people.I didn't know this was what I signed up 4.I have 2rise above&move on."

On Thursday, she added she wants to focus on "positive things now please.I threw the trash out.I'm cleaning now and reorganizing.Starting fresh and new."

Last year, original cast member Danielle Staub also left the show, saying she felt Bravo was almost "glorifying" bad behavior. New cast members Kathy Wakile and Melissa Gorga joined for the third season.

Bravo reps had no comment, People said.

Do you think the New Jersey "Housewives" are better off without Jacqueline?

"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo.

------
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Didn't Jill have a Family Trust that she always called charity?? Hmmmm.
    Ha. Only Jill.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-29-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: add comment

As I posted on the other thread, I applaud Jacq. Get it out before it gets any worse. and it will.
    I think the trashy low life people are Juicy, Teresa, Teresa's brother, prob Melissa too. Hey, let's throw in everyone in Teresa's family, like Rich and Kathy.
    Apples don't fall that far from the tree.

Hey everybody, the Huffingtonpost ran the following article:

Melissa Gorga's Stripper Past Exposed On 'Real Housewives Of New Jersey'

This is apparently what setoff Jacq and led to her quitting the entire show. Sounds explosive. Not sure who to believe in terms of whether or not it was just Bravo that contacted her previous employer or if Theresa really had something to do with it.

The most interesting part of that HuffPost article - to me at least - is the following:

"The filming of 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' went crazy this week when Bravo ambushed one of the cast members by arranging for the owner of a strip club where she used to work to show up on camera.

It appears that's been going on in a really big way all along. Why can't the RH characters understand prior to joining RH that the reason, the only reason, they get hired is to expose themselves in humiliating and disastrous ways? They walk onto the stage with empty minds, empty pockets, and expect adoration from the public. Guess I've said that before, but it's amazing to know how desperately they want fame.
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I suspect Bravo is 100% responsible for it. I read that they also invited Danielle and Kim G., but they both declined. Sheesh.

Also, I saw the photo of Juicy at TGIF with a young lady. The photo I saw had a timestamp on it, which was cropped out on the gossip sites. The photo was taken at 14:00 (2 o'clock in the afternoon).

I'm wondering how anyone could say they were having dinner together and not lunch. I'm also wondering why Juicy would be with a mistress at TGI Friday's in broad daylight (or at TGI Fridays, at all).

Things that make you go hmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread