+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Their behavior is no different than alot of people who aren't on tv. The court system is littered with people with foreclosed homes, Bankruptcy/ I bet if you know what some of your neighbors finances or legal issues are most people would be appalled. These people are just unlucky enough to be on tv to suffer in public. I am not throwing stones at anyone because in todays economy alot of people are one missed paycheck away from being either on the street, foreclosure or Bankruptcy. So if you live in a glass house you better watch out for shards of glass reigning down on you after picking other peoples lives apart with a fine tooth comb.
    My point, exactly - their behavior IS on television, they put it out there deliberately; but they're NOT like millions who are living a private hell in debt these days, in that the RH ask for it to rain down on the big screen (I don't exactly think it's reigning down as you say, b/c they're not quite that royal). When you say I better "watch out".... Really? I'm not personally living in a glass house here; everything I have is paid for - no loans, no mortgage, great income; and I live in far more luxurious circumstances than some of the RHs, paid for in full by many years of personal hard work- though anything can be lost in a flash should the economy truly tank. I find it incredulous and a tad bizarre that so many RH willingly allow Bravo to trash them on national television. Many of them walk onto the stage with empty heads and empty pockets. I think it's fascinating, though quite sad at times. I have zero respect for many of them.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I didn't know it was $6 million in consumer debt. How does that even happen? How did the credit card companies, banks, etc. ever let it get that out of hand?

And yes, I understand the point about many going through tough economic times. But Tre and Joe CHOSE to be on TV and once the poop hit the fan, the CHOSE to stay on TV. That says a lot about the type of people they are. Who airs their laundry like that for all the world to see? I mean come on, even if you have no problems with yourself, there are 4 kids involved here. How selfish is it for the parents to let this play out in the tabloids and on TV? I truly feel sorry for those kids.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've noticed that the children (Teresa and Joe's) have learned to be hysterical...pitiful. I guess, in that family, you've got to be loud and dramatic to be heard.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I didn't know it was $6 million in consumer debt. How does that even happen? How did the credit card companies, banks, etc. ever let it get that out of hand?
    That really is the question, isn't it? As long as you pay on time and have enough income (which Juicy probably lied about), banks will increase your credit lines pretty much upon request. Or they used to, before the crash. The Guidices also borrowed extensively on their real estate holdings (none of which were impressive properties) - to the point where they owed far more than the properties were worth.

How does that happen? It usally doesn't unless there is some very shady dealing going on. His cash flow came mostly from Federally subsidized rental housing for the poor. He just collected the cash and did not maintain the properties. He lost his contracts when it was discovered that he wasn't even heating many of the buildings, or paying the water bills. The Giudices didn't file tax returns for at least 3 years prior to petitioning for bankruptcy relief, even though they offered fabricated tax returns in evidence. So, unless they used similarly fraudulent tax returns to verify their income when repeatedly borrowing on properties, I doubt those loans would have been approved. They basically used slum properties as ATM machines.

The Guidice bankruptcy really is not much like those of your neighbors or acquaintances. Not unless your neighbors are criminals.

ETA: All of this is documented upthread, with links to articles and court filings, if you want to read more about it.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-02-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why does none of this surprise me? I've watched enough of The Sopranos to "get it"! I swear, that show was more real than it wasn't! Scary!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like to watch people. I had wondered why some people are not bothered by not allowing themselves any financial cushion for emergencies. If I didn't allow a cushion, for sure I would get burned. I guess the financially weak have strengths that I don't have. I am kind of a middle roader......not to be remembered for greatness, just for kindness. Some of these financial weakos have demonstrated huge kinds in addition to their huge cruelness. That would drive me crazy...my life took a great turn for the better about 13 years ago due to one of these aliens....just sayin.

Because people who think they are rich and live beyond their means think they can get away with it. And they do.

How many people that you know in the last 5 years who have lost all? There were no high powered Attorney's to help, no assistance at all, just them trying to work things out. The people on this show have had expert assistance, whether from the network, or other sources. Yet, the Guidice, Gorgas and Manzo's of this world, and many others, just seem to skip along and not have to pay the piper. They think they do not have to deal with the reality of this economy as all the others have had to do!
    Last edited by Storm915; 09-05-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: I forgot some things...
    mom2 likes this.

And that's why I have no respect for Teresa. She flaunts her wardrobe in the face of those she stiffed out of money or labor. Her reasoning ... "Don't I/my kids deserve it??" My answer "No. Not until those real people get their money. You/your children are entitled to purchase regular clothes and food. Definitely not any more than any regular person who shops at WalMart and eats out at McD's." My opinion.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Dare I say, I am liking Melissa more now than ar the beginning of the season. I don't think she is always sincere with Teresa, but I actually think she is trying. Honestly, the way Teresa acts, i would have blown her off years ago.

By far I think she is the worst, yet somehow I find her very entertaining. But away from the family.

I think she is headed to divorce. I think Joe Giudice has some serious issues all together.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post

I think she is headed to divorce. I think Joe Giudice has some serious issues all together.
    I'm not sure who would marry either one of them once let alone twice but.....they just renewed their vows.

Celebrity news and entertainment from In Touch Weekly

+ Reply to Thread