+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #5241
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    The only RH show I have followed closely is NJ. I think what appealed to me in the beginning was that it all seemed so tongue-in-cheek. These were not glamorous women, despite the surgical enhancements, and none of them seemed to be living unreachable lifestyles. They were more down-to-earth, and more earthy. Watching them primp and pretend they are "celebrities" was amusing. So was their horror over Danielle. It was funny! Teresa's animalistic behavior was shocking, but also fun to watch. Their "problems" seemed so insignifcant compared to mine.

    It's ironic that Teresa, now, has my grudging admiration. She is working against the tide - or tidal wave - of pending bankruptcy fraud charges and the inevitability of having to pay back $11 million. She's like the Dutch boy and the dike, except that she's using cookbooks to plug the hole.

    Hers is the only story I find "real" on the show. And, yes, it is like watching a trainwreck.

  2. #5242
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it....in this most recent issue of US Weekly, page 9, it states that Teresa was rejected from this upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars, that an "insider" said she "begged producers" to accept her, but the producers said they "wanted real celebrities" -- OUCH
    Well, I saw DWTS's list of "celebrities" last night when it was revealed on Bachelor Pad. As I've heard of very few of their so-called "celebs", I think US Weekly may have made up their story. Rob Kardashian, along with others, is far from being a "real celeb."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  3. #5243
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Well, I saw DWTS's list of "celebrities" last night when it was revealed on Bachelor Pad. As I've heard of very few of their so-called "celebs", I think US Weekly may have made up their story. Rob Kardashian, along with others, is far from being a "real celeb."

    I know -- Chaz (formerly Chastity) Bono? What's he/she ever done? (aside from the obvious)...Hope Solo...Rob Kardashian...George Clooney's ex girlfriend? Teresa's not the star she'd like to be (or thinks she is), but I'd rather see Teresa on DWTS than these people. Oh well, they didn't ask my opinion.

    But you know that US Weekly quote stung Teresa and made Melissa's day sweet!
    Dragonlady likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  4. #5244
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I know -- Chaz (formerly Chastity) Bono? What's he/she ever done? (aside from the obvious)...Hope Solo...Rob Kardashian...George Clooney's ex girlfriend? Teresa's not the star she'd like to be (or thinks she is), but I'd rather see Teresa on DWTS than these people. Oh well, they didn't ask my opinion.

    But you know that US Weekly quote stung Teresa and made Melissa's day sweet!
    Too funny, Sugar Mama!


    I am sure Melissa ate that article up!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #5245
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I know -- Chaz (formerly Chastity) Bono? What's he/she ever done? (aside from the obvious)...Hope Solo...Rob Kardashian...George Clooney's ex girlfriend? Teresa's not the star she'd like to be (or thinks she is), but I'd rather see Teresa on DWTS than these people. Oh well, they didn't ask my opinion.

    But you know that US Weekly quote stung Teresa and made Melissa's day sweet!
    I totally agree with you but am left wondering if maybe this is the best DWTS can get to do their show. I'm sure a lot of celebs feel that, altho it garners a lot of publicity, it's also seen as a show for "Has-beens." And...... it's a lot of hard work.....just have to look at Kirsti Ally's weightloss to confirm that!

  6. #5246
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,711

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I guess it's the sociologist in me... or maybe simply the voyeur in me... still fascinated watching these people who willingly place themselves in the hot glaring spotlight without understanding how absurdly pathetic their lives are, how thoroughly Bravo mines their flaws - and how willingly Bravo exploites their vulnerabilities. Their coarse, shallow lives are slashed open while these "celebrities" expect viewers to emulate and adulate and heap accolades upon them. How very bizarre!

    These women really do think they're ultrasuperior and oh so special. But they fail at singing, designing/selling handbags, selling classless books, jewelry, bed sheets, selling squeeze-fat underwear and all manner of sleazy boobified clothing everywhere from OC's line to Wretchen's old clothing on eBay. They spend like drunken Taylors while they're going broke, getting foreclosed upon, losing lawsuits, friendships, their marriages, and now their lives. I wish I had a dissertation to write, b/c the nuances of their collective behavior is just plain fascinating.

    Their behavior is no different than alot of people who aren't on tv. The court system is littered with people with foreclosed homes, Bankruptcy/ I bet if you know what some of your neighbors finances or legal issues are most people would be appalled. These people are just unlucky enough to be on tv to suffer in public. I am not throwing stones at anyone because in todays economy alot of people are one missed paycheck away from being either on the street, foreclosure or Bankruptcy. So if you live in a glass house you better watch out for shards of glass reigning down on you after picking other peoples lives apart with a fine tooth comb.
    Moontat likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #5247
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Their behavior is no different than alot of people who aren't on tv. The court system is littered with people with foreclosed homes, Bankruptcy/ I bet if you know what some of your neighbors finances or legal issues are most people would be appalled. These people are just unlucky enough to be on tv to suffer in public. I am not throwing stones at anyone because in todays economy alot of people are one missed paycheck away from being either on the street, foreclosure or Bankruptcy. So if you live in a glass house you better watch out for shards of glass reigning down on you after picking other peoples lives apart with a fine tooth comb.
    I know people are suffering in this economy, and certainly a lot of people in my area have declared bankruptcy. I doubt that any of them ran up $11,000,000 in debt, with over half of it being consumer debt. That just defies comparison.

    Then there are the criminal aspects of bankruptcy fraud that the Giudices have to deal with. I have never known anyone to offer false (never even filed) tax returns as evidence to support their Chapter 7 eligibility claims. Then again, I don't personally know any criminals.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-31-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    mom2 and Kiz like this.

  8. #5248
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,711

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I know people are suffering in this economy, and certainly a lot of people in my area have declared bankruptcy. I doubt that any of them ran up $11,000,000 in debt, with over half of it being consumer debt. That just defies comparison.

    Then there are the criminal aspects of bankruptcy fraud that the Giudices have to deal with. I have never known anyone to offer false (never even filed) tax returns as evidence to support their Chapter 7 eligibility claims. Then again, I don't personally know any criminals.
    You will never know this is true because your nieghbors are not on tv. I lived on a block that of the 40 homes on the block 25 had been foreclosed on. It was on our local news and I am positive some of those people lived well above their means also. I hardly doubt Tre and Joe are the first to file false tax returns either. Lets be fair and realize the world is no better than Tre & Joe and move on.
    Moontat likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #5249
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Six million in consumer debt is astonishing. This isn't mortgage debt - they have another 5 million in that. It's unsecured credit card type debt and bills that people trusted you to pay and you declined to. No one I know or have ever known could spend 6 million dollars on stuff like shoes, cars, tacky clothes, furntiure, etc. in an entire lifetime. Spending that much, for most people, would be a full-time career. That much I do know.

    ETA: MsDiva, the tax return issue is not that they did not file them. It's that they offered FALSE (as in made up, untrue) never filed tax returns in EVIDENCE to the judge in their bankruptcy case - to try to substantiate the claim that they made under $120K annually. This kind of fraud lands you in jail. Failure to file rarely does.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-31-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Kiz likes this.

  10. #5250
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Forgot to say:

    The Guidice trial on the fraud charges, which include other instances of perjury, doesn't begin until October. I'll "move on" once I hear the verdict.
    Bunny555 and Kiz like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.