+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2787Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    These are the two we saw last week? They looked so "normal"

I'm starting to rethink spending so much time watching the Housewives.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Last episode Melissa kept saying "median" meaning the "medium" - posted about it earlier. I thought I was hearing things Apparently mispronouncing words runs rampant in the Guidice/Gorga world.
    I finally got to watch the episode and laughed almost as hard as when she sand "...that saved a wench like me." in her Amazing Grace interpretation. What shocks me most is that Melissa is college educated and has a degree in education and psychology!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    These are the two we saw last week? They looked so "normal"

I'm starting to rethink spending so much time watching the Housewives.
    Wow! They sure fooled me. It just goes to show you how well criminals can appear normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I finally got to watch the episode and laughed almost as hard as when she sand "...that saved a wench like me." in her Amazing Grace interpretation. What shocks me most is that Melissa is college educated and has a degree in education and psychology!
    She is a college grad? Unbelievable what the schools put out these days. I know that Teresa sometimes finds difficulty with the english language but I have to remind myself that english is her second language after Italian. I grew up with immigrant parents and it is difficult to a get a real grasp of the english language when it is all broken up at home.....but I wonder what Melissa's excuse is?
    Poppy Fields and SugarMama like this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

To be fair, we don't know if Melissa's cradle language wasn't also Italian. It's not that uncommon in first and second generation Americans. But it is uncommon to not be proficient in the use of both. Some kids in other country have 5 cradle languages and use them all well. Little children are hard wired to learn language.

Teresa seems to have just never considered English proficiency to be very important. Which is OK, as long as you don't plan on being a writer.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find Teresa to be one miserable and insecure woman. The other women get a kick out of talking about her and "gigging" her, and she makes it easy. It's got to be tiring being around her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

I thought Teresa was funny in the first season. From the start of the second season, she has had the worst attitude. Why is she so mean? She will lose Caroline and Jacqueline as friends if she continues her bad behavior. No one wants to be associated to a person who always drags down the mood.

I really, really don't like Melissa one little bit....but....I have to say that she seems to be trying to make nice. Teresa is always on edge with Melissa, always ready to pounce on her for the smallest thing....like when Melissa said they didn't talk for years.....Teresa jumped on that one immediately and then she doesn't let it go. With that attitude, there's no way any truce will continue.
    As awful as Ashley behaves, we have to admit that Jacq and Chris (to a lesser extent) built this monster with their own bad parenting choices. They are still doing it while they complain how bad she acts. They should buy her a set of luggage, help her pack it in that car she doesn't deserve, wave goodbye and hope for a postcard from Sunny California. Then concentrate on NOT repeating the same mistakes with the little boys.
    chitex3 and Poppy Fields like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I really, really don't like Melissa one little bit....but....I have to say that she seems to be trying to make nice. Teresa is always on edge with Melissa, always ready to pounce on her for the smallest thing....like when Melissa said they didn't talk for years.....Teresa jumped on that one immediately and then she doesn't let it go. With that attitude, there's no way any truce will continue.
    As awful as Ashley behaves, we have to admit that Jacq and Chris (to a lesser extent) built this monster with their own bad parenting choices. They are still doing it while they complain how bad she acts. They should buy her a set of luggage, help her pack it in that car she doesn't deserve, wave goodbye and hope for a postcard from Sunny California. Then concentrate on NOT repeating the same mistakes with the little boys.
    I agree - there's not one thing I like about Melissa. In fact, with each episode I'm finding less and less to like about them all.

What you said about letting Ashley go? Sometimes the bird can't learn to fly until it leaves the nest.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Caroline's phoniness is getting on my last nerve. She's a helicopter mom with her grown sons, but urges Jacqueline to use an "iron fist." Although, I think Caroline might use hers with her daughter. She seems fairly unconcerned and insensitive when it comes to Lauren and I imagine she'd be helping her pack the car and U-Haul, tearless, if Lauren was heading for LA.

I was agog a few weeks ago when she said that she doesn't have to dislike people just because someone else does. Wasn't that her whole story in the first season? Upbraiding Jacqueline to the point of nearly alienating her with the insistence that she drop her friendship with Danielle? Caroline said it was "disloyal."

As much as I have disliked Teresa in the past seasons, I am finding that I'm more and more empathetic toward her this season. Granted, she is ignorant, deceitful, and someone whose frame of reference is narrow and shallow. But I find myself respecting her work ethic these days. I think she works harder than either Caroline or Jacqueline have in terms of launching a business from the Bravo TV platform, and I think their cattiness toward her over this is obvious. They were cackling gleefully over the newspaper article about Teresa's legal problems. Not nice, ladies - especially since you're on camera and you know Teresa will be watching.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread