+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2703Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

At the end of the sit-down meeting, brother Joe seemed to throw up his hands and say you two fix it. He knows sister Tess is wild and dumb, and knows his wifey Melissa is a sorry piece of work. Seems he knows he's stuck with both of them, knows his negotiating and amelioration skills are nonexistent, and he just wants them to shut up and fix it.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Melissa is the wife. Period. Teresa needs to learn to take the backseat as #1 woman in her brother's life. Melissa is the one that has no problem getting along with other women, she grew up with so many sisters and is close to them to this very day. Teresa was the one raised as the princess in her family and she is unwilling to share the spotlight with Melissa. She was late for her nephew's christening and didn't apologize and then nit picks about the most ridiculous things... T's house was RE-Done. How is that a dig in Melissa said that in the card? It was a fact, and for T to be offended by it, it shows how shallow and superficial she is. The house was RE-Done.

I think Teresa is jealousy over her brother's relationship with his wife. Joe Gorga is obviously over-the-moon for Melissa, in love and lust. What does Teresa get? An unhelpful husband who won't help prep for the Halloween party, decides at the last minute that he doesn't want to go to his nephew's christening at the last minute. Joe Gorga invited him for a celebratory drink over his son, and T's Joe just walked away. Wow. That was a big slap in the face. He could have stood with the men and toasted his nephew. He didn't have to drink, just toast. And to call out his bro-in-law's past money problems at the dinner table in front of the camera, and yet no one is allowed to talk about their money problems? Talk about major disrespect. Joe Guidice seems so annoyed with Teresa and that he has three girls and no sons. He doesn't seem to show her love or affection. He puts her down and calls her names and it seems like a very dysfunctional and possible emotionally and mentally abuse relationship. I'll take Melissa's relationship with her husband any day over Teresa's.
    Last edited by miadora; 06-21-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    Melissa is the wife. Period. Teresa needs to learn to take the backseat as #1 woman in her brother's life. Melissa is the one that has no problem getting along with other women, she grew up with so many sisters and is close to them to this very day. Teresa was the one raised as the princess in her family and she is unwilling to share the spotlight with Melissa.
    True but Melissa was also made the "darling" of the family. That's the problem: they're two of a kind and they both want the same thing - to be #1 with Joey.
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    She was late for her nephew's christening and didn't apologize and then nit picks about the most ridiculous things... T's house was RE-Done. How is that a dig in Melissa said that in the card? It was a fact, and for T to be offended by it, it shows how shallow and superficial she is. The house was RE-Done.
    That doesn't make it ok to write that in a greeting card. It was a dig, plain and simple. I'm not taking Teresa's side because they both are in the wrong. Like I said, two of a kind.

Juicy Joe is a pig of a husband and a pretty lousy inactive father. But it doesn't seem to bother Teresa or she's decided that she can deal with things the way they are. Joe Gorga is really not that much different from Juicy. He totally acts like the traditional bossy Italian man. Give him time...he'll soon be just as offensive as Juicy.
    And Melissa will probably put up with it just as Teresa does.
    These two couples are mirror images of each other. Brother Joey married someone just like his sister (Teresa) and sister Teresa married someone just like her brother. These two things cannot exist at the same time with each wanting to be #1 and the star of the show.
    Freud would have a wonderful time analzying these 4 people.

Melissa is the wife. Period. Teresa needs to learn to take the backseat as #1 woman in her brother's life. Melissa is the one that has no problem getting along with other women, she grew up with so many sisters and is close to them to this very day. Teresa was the one raised as the princess in her family and she is unwilling to share the spotlight with Melissa
    Melissa was also raised as the little princess in a family with two much older sisters so more like a only child with 3 mothers.
    T's house was RE-Done. How is that a dig in Melissa said that in the card? It was a fact, and for T to be offended by it, it shows how shallow and superficial she is. The house was RE-Done.
    Melissa's has admitted she did it as a dig, shows how shallow and superfical she is as well.

Joe Gorga is obviously over-the-moon for Melissa, in love and lust
    That sentence really makes me want to vommit, will someone please pass me the brain bleach please!

I've never liked Tre, so the fact that Melissa actually makes Tre come across as somewhat sympathetic only serves to send Melissa to the very very bottom of my Save from a burning building list!!
    luvsginger and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    True but Melissa was also made the "darling" of the family. That's the problem: they're two of a kind and they both want the same thing - to be #1 with Joey...
    Speaking as a sister who lost her brothers to marriage - it's really not uncommon to not want to let go. In Teresa's mind, they had him first, and she and he were very close, and that ended when Melissa came along. Which is usually the case. Unfortunately for Teresa, Joey married a self-centered b!tch who is only interested in how things affect her. Most "normal" wives would give Joey room to remain close to his sister and family. Melissa, sadly, isn't that way.

One of my brothers and I were very, very close and best friends for most of our lives. We were even roommates once (worked out great!). But he married someone who was a lot like Melissa. Now I see him once or twice a year for a couple of hours. It was hard at first, but (unlike Teresa) I didn't try to make him choose sides...because I loved him enough to let him go, it's not fair to put him in the middle.
    Moontat likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

You've got 2 princesses at war for the title of Miss Sexy New Jersey Fabulicious Supreme Grand Empress.

They should be put first by their husbands, but not expect it from anyone else. And it should not be to the exclusion of any family. They are both at fault for excluding family. I caught a hint of TJoe's mindset that because Teresa is the elder sibling, Melissa and MJoe should show her as much respect as their parents. That aint gonna happen.

They have been locked into a "you did this, I'll do this" battle for awhile and it's hard to break out of that.

I find it interesting about Caroline:
    1. She seems to be in nonTeresa's camp. Maybe not necessarily Melissa's, but definitely not Teresa's anymore.
    2. She doesn't quite get the hypocrisy of telling Teresa "It's your family, FIX IT." when she hasn't spoken to many members of her own family for years and was not "invited or expected" at her nephew's funeral.
    3. I don't mind about the empty nest syndrome because I'm looking at that the next couple of years too, but she really seems to put Lauren down while doing it and I hope it bites her in the butt where Lauren's concerned. Imagine Lauren married with kids and NOT asking mom for advice. That'd kill her.

I believe the rift between Caroline and Teresa happened during that vacation, when her boys were arrested with TJoe for assault. No matter what happened, in her mind the Guidices brought her golden sons down a few levels.
    luvsginger likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

It takes a bigger person to let go of a minor "dig" for the sake of family harmony rather than let one word fester for over a year which ends up splitting a family in 2.

Like it or not Melissa is Joey's wife & should be the #1 woman in his life. For Teresa to expect that to be her is just plain weird.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    It takes a bigger person to let go of a minor "dig" for the sake of family harmony rather than let one word fester for over a year which ends up splitting a family in 2.

Like it or not Melissa is Joey's wife & should be the #1 woman in his life. For Teresa to expect that to be her is just plain weird.
    I agree with this BUT, Melissa should never put Joey in the position of having to choose. I know others have mentioned similar things happening to them. It also happened with my brother - BUT, my brother had the b**ls and the strength to stand up to his wife and say "you are my wife and you will always be #1, but this is my family and I WILL continue to see them and be close to them, so you need to find a way to be ok with it and not disrespect them." He also said to all of us "this is my wife and the mother of my children and you will not disrespect her - because if you do, I WILL choose her." With that edict from him, everyone chilled out and things today are fine. So I have to include JoeyG in here as having some of the responsibility - he needs to put his foot down and make it clear to his wife and his family what the ground rules are. He hasn't, so everything has gone crazy. In my opinion, he is the only one who can fix this.
    Bunny555, Dragonlady and SugarMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree with this BUT, Melissa should never put Joey in the position of having to choose. I know others have mentioned similar things happening to them. It also happened with my brother - BUT, my brother had the b**ls and the strength to stand up to his wife and say "you are my wife and you will always be #1, but this is my family and I WILL continue to see them and be close to them, so you need to find a way to be ok with it and not disrespect them." He also said to all of us "this is my wife and the mother of my children and you will not disrespect her - because if you do, I WILL choose her." With that edict from him, everyone chilled out and things today are fine. So I have to include JoeyG in here as having some of the responsibility - he needs to put his foot down and make it clear to his wife and his family what the ground rules are. He hasn't, so everything has gone crazy. In my opinion, he is the only one who can fix this.
    Melissa's sisters play a huge part in this as well. IMO they live for the drama and will escalate it at every chance. I am not a fan of T and was so looking forward to her family calling her out....problem is, her family is just like her.
    I'm actually annoyed that Melissa and her sisters are making me root for T.
    Moontat and luvsginger like this.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Melissa's sisters play a huge part in this as well. IMO they live for the drama and will escalate it at every chance. I am not a fan of T and was so looking forward to her family calling her out....problem is, her family is just like her.
    I'm actually annoyed that Melissa and her sisters are making me root for T.
    I so agree with this! I just can't believe that they managed to add a woman to the cast that I wouldn't even wish upon T.

I also agree with the posters who said that Joey is to blame. He certainly is, but the only way he will ever see it is if he ever truly is able to see his wife. He's loveblind right now. Things do happen in life though, and hopefully one day he will know that he has played a huge part in this all.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread