+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2702Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think that Teresa's husband is giving off the vibes over reconciliation, because he's not as involved with it as Melissa is. As much as brother Joe has tried to bring husband Joe into it, I think the issue is and has always been Melissa. Melissa has made it obvious that she's used to being the princess that her family revolves around. She talked about being the youngest sister in her family, and how all her sisters (and presumably her parents) doted on it. That's how she was used to a family operating. So she marries Joe, and feels sudden jealousy when she discovers that Teresa fills that role in her husband's family. The jealousy would start instantly. Melissa starts acting up to get the attention. As Caroline has pointed out this season, Teresa is one who holds grudges and usually escalates things in order to feel like she's gotten her revenge. I think at its core, the issue really is between Teresa and Melissa, so I can see why those two need to sit down. I just don't think either one has the personality to be the bigger person, forgive and move on.
    Well said and worth repeating. The Melissa/Teresa drama is making the show entertaining, but in reality it's sad. I have a SIL like that...she completely isolated my brother from the family - I don't think she ever learned to share, just like Melissa. It's sad, but I cannot see that it will ever be repaired. As long as Joe is married to Melissa, she's going to own him. He'll have to see Teresa on the side. That's just my take.
    Moontat likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

^ I agree. I have two brothers who's wives have isolated them from the rest of our family. It's sad, especially around holidays, but what can you do? Not much, believe me. Teresa will just have to settle for what little time she can manage with her brother when he can get away from Melissa.

I totally agree that Juicy is not as involved in the bull that's going on between brother, sister, and satan in law. Good for him. I don't buy that Juicy is jealous because T praised her brother so much. I believe SIL was likely the evil behind that as well. When one seeks to drive a wedge between people they must attack from all angles. That means planting negativity not only abuot T but also about Juicy and if she can find a way the kids won't be off limits either. I've seen people like Melissa at work. They are good at what they do if given the right person to work with.

T, because she is a tit for tat kind of person, could have easily told Joey G he had to sit with Juicy. After all, those two were actually friends.There is no love lost at all between T and Melissa. She clearly wants her relationship back with her brother, more than he even knows. That sitdown clause was put in there by Melissa, no doubt in my mind. There was the scene last week where she said to Joey G that if he didn't sit down with T she would. That's her control issues climbing right out of their box. She knows all she has to say to Joey G is "do it" and he'd be right there. She was praying that he would ask her to go so that she could meet and keep those two apart, making it easier to keep the wedge between them in place. I dislike that woman, and dislike her even more for making me take T's side in anything.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I totally agree that Juicy is not as involved in the bull that's going on between brother, sister, and satan in law. Good for him. I don't buy that Juicy is jealous because T praised her brother so much. I believe SIL was likely the evil behind that as well. When one seeks to drive a wedge between people they must attack from all angles. That means planting negativity not only abuot T but also about Juicy and if she can find a way the kids won't be off limits either. I've seen people like Melissa at work. They are good at what they do if given the right person to work with.

T, because she is a tit for tat kind of person, could have easily told Joey G he had to sit with Juicy. After all, those two were actually friends.There is no love lost at all between T and Melissa. She clearly wants her relationship back with her brother, more than he even knows. That sitdown clause was put in there by Melissa, no doubt in my mind. There was the scene last week where she said to Joey G that if he didn't sit down with T she would. That's her control issues climbing right out of their box. She knows all she has to say to Joey G is "do it" and he'd be right there. She was praying that he would ask her to go so that she could meet and keep those two apart, making it easier to keep the wedge between them in place. I dislike that woman, and dislike her even more for making me take T's side in anything.
    I'm in 100% in agreement with your post. It zooms up to 1000% with your last line. It gulls me to feel "sympathy for the devil"...er...Teresa...lol (I'm kidding devil ).
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't realize what a fireplug Melissa's husband is until I saw him standing next to that ridiculously huge SUV that helps people recognize his "manhood". How foolish he looked.

And I am glad that other people see what a dingbat Teresa is with her full-blown denial of anything less than perfect that is going on in her marriage. I seriously believe that she chooses not to know, and will deny it to anyone who dares bring it up. I liked when Caroline described it as "in Teresa's world".....perfect description! She gets a befuddled look on her face, and then just moves on. Her coping mechanism, I guess.
    Bunny555 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is this whole season going to be about Teresa and her bro .. she even has Caroline and Jacqueline weighing in on all of this nonsense and Melissa has Kathy weighing in on it all . bring back Danielle, I need a diversion from Tess and bro Joe .. I mean come on they even go to a dinner party; Kathy and Hubby, Melissa and Joe and the first thing out of Melissa's mouth is the Tess and Joe feud.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those kinds of people are very boring to be stuck around! Not everybody wants to hear about your stupidity all of the time!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontat View Post
    At the meeting between Tre and her brother she asked him what was it that she had done to Melissa and he pulled out a piece of paper and said that Melissa sent a list!!I know plenty of people that seem to hold a list of grudges in their heads but to but to keep an actual physical list seems super petty.
    I understood this perfectly because my mother was just like that. She had a list of personal grudges against many people. There are people in this world that need negative drama in their lives and if it doesn't exist, they'll create it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think at its core, the issue really is between Teresa and Melissa, so I can see why those two need to sit down. I just don't think either one has the personality to be the bigger person, forgive and move on.
    That's just wishful thinking because both women need to be #1 and neither will take a back seat to the other. A sit-down w/them would result in screaming and hair-pulling. Italians are strong willed and extremely stubborn and that's why Italian "vendettas" continue for so long. They may say they wish it was different but they enjoy the drama. (100% Italian here so I feel I can say that )
    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Is this whole season going to be about Teresa and her bro .. I mean come on they even go to a dinner party; Kathy and Hubby, Melissa and Joe and the first thing out of Melissa's mouth is the Tess and Joe feud.
    Because Melissa actually "feeds" on this kind of thing. It's pathetic but she thrives on it....makes her world go 'round. Sick.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady
    Because Melissa actually "feeds" on this kind of thing. It's pathetic but she thrives on it....makes her world go 'round. Sick.
    I see this more as a Bravo theme than "reality."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread