+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain
    And I think we can all see that there's more to it than simply disliking Danielle.
    Indeed! The animalistic behavior she exhibits is non-discriminatory. If you annoy her (or "push her buttons" as she likes to call her excuse for this), she's in your face bigtime. She's an equal opportunity repeat offender.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Watching the fashion show episode again, and meant to comment the first time it aired. Melissa's dress didn't fit! Am I the only one who noticed this?

No, you're not.

However, Melissa sure seemed to think she rocked it, didn't she?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Watching the fashion show episode again, and meant to comment the first time it aired. Melissa's dress didn't fit! Am I the only one who noticed this?
    Haha, but she was a peacock (her word), struttin' her stuff, biotches! So who cared if it fit her awesomeness or not?

In fact, so was SO wonderful, Kim D. asked her to walk again, and she DID (giggle)! All of her "friends" - like Kim G., who only met her days before - were there cheering and wowing and grooving like Melissa groupies. She was just the most awesome part of the entire evening, really.
    Last edited by SugarMama; 06-01-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Theresa, ingrediences? Really?

LOL! We're asked to believe that she actually wrote a book, when you can't even get me to believe that she's ever even read one.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Didn't Kim D pick out the outfits the models would wear? So Melissa rocked an outfit that didn't fit her. She did seem to have home team advantage, with a cheering section, but still did good. Teresa did fine as well, which kinda surprised me.

Teresa has shown very little intellect, in my opinion. Jury's out on the new people, I would hate to be judged on my first few episodes.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post

Teresa has shown very little intellect, in my opinion. Jury's out on the new people, I would hate to be judged on my first few episodes.
    I've not seen much intellect on the NJ Housewives, yet
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    LOL! We're asked to believe that she actually wrote a book, when you can't even get me to believe that she's ever even read one.
    That's true for many of our celebrity "authors" - celebrities, wannabe's, politicians (even Presidents)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This is what happens when siblings take on spouses. Not everybody is going to click & what free time used to be there for siblings isn't as available since that ree time is mostly spent with your spouse & children. I am sure there is resentment there between Joey & Teresa.
    Taking on a spouse definitely can put distance between siblings. I remember (long ago) how my sister in law would show her dislike of the closeness my brother and I had. We've never lived near each other so that helped but also with time, she came to realize that there are different kinds of closeness and I wasn't a threat to her.
    Now she's just glad someone else will put up with him!

I will repeat here though that one of the problems we see is the very fact that a lot of Italians (I am 100% one) are extremely emotional, don't usually filter their immediate feelings so you see a big range of emotions being displayed. They go from 0 to 100 in 2 seconds flat!! But it also goes the other way. One minute you think they're going to kill each other and the next minute, they're loving each other. It happens to various degrees to various families but it is definitely common. Perfect fodder for a Bravo show.
    It was always something that bothered me about big Italian get-togethers. Emotions rule rather than logic or sense and it never sat well w/me. But it's a gold mine for shows like RHNJ.

+ Reply to Thread