+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3258Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Five minutes into the episode tonight Teresa butchers the english language beyond repair.
    That was the best part of the episode for me. I kept rewinding to listen and then to see the ladies' faces who were trying not to laugh. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale52 View Post

The beginning of bad feelings between the two Joes started long before cameras rolled on The NJ HW. Little Joe used to be engaged to Juicy's sister but cheated on her so they never married. I am sure that did not endear Little Joe to Juicy.
    I never knew this. That explains a lot about TJoe's rage and put downs. Thanks!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

When Little Joe became engaged to Juicy's sister, Juicy helped Little Joe acquire some apt. buildings in Paterson, NJ..(previously, Little Joe had been a landscaper). Most of those apartments(if not all) are Section 8 Housing, which means Little Joe gets a comfortable bunch of checks from Uncle Sam every month. The slum lord business is still good, unlike other housing and real estate values, rents have pretty much remained the same. That is why Little Joe is a *successsful developer* in this current economy....

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I've heard different rumors about this. This says that Little Joe was engaged three times before marrying Melissa, but never to Juicy's sister:

Interview with an Insider: The Gorga’s and The Giudice’s |
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I thought it was because in Season One Tess mentioned that her husband was all big and juicy.

Hence, Juicy Joe.

Another writer calls Joe Gorga Moosey Joe so they both rhyme. They're both similarly lumpy.
    I just re-watched the christening episode a few days ago and I swear T called him Juicy when he was standing shirtless at the top of the stairs.

FORT Fogey

Yeah she refers to him as Juicy.

My take on the Guidice/Gorga mess:

First, I think it's a crying shame. So often siblings aren't close, they don't care about each other as deeply as they used to. The breakdown of the family bonds kills me to see. They are blessed to have that relationship. And also, if they were as close as we're being told they were, T's behavior at the last Reunion toward Danielle makes so much more sense. Imagine someone who's capable of doing as much damage as Danielle has, someone that crazy, with no conscience, getting involved in your family. Now apply that to a situation that you're already feeling confusion and panic about, Danielle inserts herself, whether she was really knowledgable or not, implies that she has a way in to your life and BOOM! You get a breakdown. Now, us normal people probably wouldn't have acted like Theresa, but maybe we would have felt the same way.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

People like us = people without anger management issues? People who do not routinely go ballistic on those they don't like?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

People who can control their emotions, yes. And I think we can all see that there's more to it than simply disliking Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    People who can control their emotions, yes. And I think we can all see that there's more to it than simply disliking Danielle.
    Ugh, pahthooowie! Danielle = pre-historic NJ Housewife issue (has been buried, hopefully forever)

I say pre-historic because the two seasons with her were sewage. I had NJ on probation myself. This season is at least promising some action/entertainment (warped as it may be, befitting a Bravo Housewife season )

Danielle, WHO? That's where I am with NJ
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post

First, I think it's a crying shame. So often siblings aren't close, they don't care about each other as deeply as they used to. The breakdown of the family bonds kills me to see.

This is what happens when siblings take on spouses. Not everybody is going to click & what free time used to be there for siblings isn't as available since that ree time is mostly spent with your spouse & children. I am sure there is resentment there between Joey & Teresa.

I see my son's g/f trying to put a wedge between he & I. I see how it is tearing him up inside & I am sorry but I won't put him through that turmoil. She is constantly pulling at him to move out of the area not fully understanding that they are missing the key element in being able to begin a life together...J-O-B-S!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread