+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3404Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

[QUOTE=gingerale52;4307166]
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    The beginning of bad feelings between the two Joes started long before cameras rolled on The NJ HW. Little Joe used to be engaged to Juicy's sister but cheated on her so they never married. I am sure that did not endear Little Joe to Juicy.
    Thanks, hadn't heard that. It would make for awkward family get-togethers!

And I like "Little Joe" and "Juicy Joe" -- that'll help me keep them straight, especially since they're both Joe G.'s
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I agree, T and M are indeed two peas in a pod. Problem is, T doesn't have the brainpower to compete with the manipulation that M is able to throw out there. "Juicy" Joe isn't as braindead as Joe Gargoyle so he's not as easily manipulated by his woman.

I hate the abundance of "Joes" on this show. If they ever replace another castmember, having a significant Joe in your life should exclude you from the running to be on the show. Now I'm forced to call a grown man "Juicy". Unless you make your living sliding down a pole noone should have to answer to the name "Juicy".
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Newbie

He got the nickname because of the pronunciation of his name, Guidice (JewDice)....when I first heard the nickname I thought it was because he was on steroids, lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Great post Mom2!

Melissa and her family don't want Joe to make up with his sister. When you hear terms like "Listen to your sister, your REAL sister" from the sister in law and something very similar from the brother in law it's very telling.They hate the fact that T has her RH "family" to support her and the wedge between the siblings is not enough for them. They want her to have nobody that she can turn to.
    It's also harder for them to control Lumpy Joe Gorga if he's all in with the rest of the clan. I'm sure Missy's also jealous of the ten large a month that Mamma and Pappa Gorga shell out into the Giudice budget -- while Juicy Joe Giudice gets drunk, mumbles, wrecks his car, gets arrested, and such.

In fact, I question Mamma and Pappa's parenting skills - Often parents who don't give unconditional love to their children find that they've created these huge horrible hate-filled rages over parental attention; when there's not enough to go around, the kids fight for it all the harder.

Then for her to let that aged barnacle Kim G connect herself to her ship says all I need to hear- the enemy of her enemy is her friend. Then the way Melissa tried to schmooze with The Godmother Manzo was probably to get in good with her and drive T crazy. Sure T and her "CAROLINE" screeching was obnoxious, but Melissa is not beyond trying to drive a wedge in between anything T values. I can see that a mile away. If she tries to play peacemaker now it's only because the camera is rolling and she can later claim to her husband how instrumental her love and support was in bringing their family together again (of course leaving out any role she may have had in tearing them apart).
    I dunno, in between dodging her husband's "poision" (or "pus") she did manage to tell him he should call Tess.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale52 View Post
    He got the nickname because of the pronunciation of his name, Guidice (JewDice)....when I first heard the nickname I thought it was because he was on steroids, lol.
    I thought it was because in Season One Tess mentioned that her husband was all big and juicy.

Hence, Juicy Joe.

Another writer calls Joe Gorga Moosey Joe so they both rhyme. They're both similarly lumpy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Joe Gorga really barfs me out...big time!

And the psychic/card reader to Jacqueline:

Ashley is very emotional....wow...what a revelation....when has she NOT been??

Teresa's house has negative energy...wow...also a shocker!

Wow...she's good!!
    Yeah, she says that Oshley is emotional which is some crack psycho, er psychic work considering the girl's been on TV for two seasons now, pulling tantrums and hair right outta Danielle's head.

I mean it started off with Oshley locking herself in her little bedroom at her brother CJ's birthday party, remember, when she'd invited a bunch of friends (=sex starved boys) to happen by.

I finally got to see the Christening. Didn't see the entire episode; just the brawl at the Christening.

What is this?!! The Godfather meets the Real Housewives??!!
    OMG. Very disturbing. Joe Gorga has got some real anger management issues.
    He's very, very scary and his wife seems like Lorraine Bracco gone very bad!

Haven't seen last night's episode yet. Can't imagine anything can top that Christening, though!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I haven't finished watching this episode but I sure enjoyed listening to Teresa try to speak the English language. Those staff members should have received an award for not busting out laughing at her. You could see they wanted to!
    Oh, but the naughty cameraman caught them laughing and the naughty editor spliced it in to seem as if the were laughing at the Tess-O-Gal. Oops! She's payin' 'em, directly or indirectly.

I haven't watched much of the Godfather movies but when I look at Kathy's husband, all I see is a composite of a bunch of my cousins. Definitely a lot of Italian genes there.
    Actually he's of Lebanese (Christian, we were hastily reminded) extraction.

I think Caroline is becoming pathetic in her "God-mother" role. It worked the first season but no longer. Now with the kids, up and out of the house, she needs something more to define herself and Queen of the Guidos is just not enough.
    It didn't work for me. I don't like self-appointed bosses and I always thought her a bully and busybody.

And Joe Gorga pouting and misbehaving because he didn't get enough sex is ridiculous. Was it scripted because I find it hard to believe that any mature married man could act that way??
    It really was quite an adolescent and embarrassing display. And the metaphors he chose; did he really think it would be exciting for his wife to contemplate him unloading his poison or his pus into her? 99% of women would run for the hills at that thought, and the 1% who'd be turned on by it would cause the men to run for their lives in return. He went from being puppy-dogy cute about his love for his wife's body (and her cooking) to actually disturbing and sort of creepy. Not saying if I could I wouldn't, mind you, but I might think twice about spending time with him outside the bedroom.

FORT Fogey

TJoe actually started the physical stuff when he went for MJoe, and I agree with Melissa that in a crowd full of men that's just unleashing a huge mess of trouble. Melissa was sitting there telling her husband to stop over and over again.
    I never saw that happen; Juicy was just standing there AFAIK with the usual blank stare he gets when not facing with food or sex.

I don't think it's so much Melissa as her husband and sisters who are mouthy in public. I notice Melissa doesn't have any problem sharing camera time with her family, unlike Teresa who laid down the law to her relatives at all of her events. I think that we can pretty much believe Melissa's claim since there is little to no footage of them pre this season.
    No but Missy did encourage her sisters to bitch about Tess before the holy event(!) and her sister Lysterine did shout out about how Tess's invitation was just a formality. Which was not really terribly necessary. In fact, Tess was walking away from the table when Lysterine blurted that little piece out...

Teresa will never understand how she is at fault, because "she never is." Even Caroline and Jacqueline tried to help with this, and she refuses to open her mind and climb out of that tunnel she's holed up in.

When it comes down to it, I do not believe anything out of Teresa's mouth because of her track record. I have yet to hear of Melissa not paying her bills or MJoe breaking the law (over and over).
    Oh, I'm not saying that Tess is a saint by any means...in fact:

As far as her book, anyone can have recipes handed down to them, but that doesn't mean she's ever cooked any of them. I don't believe for a minute she has gone near one of those recipes in her life (unless she's standing by her mom while mom cooks.)
    ...I caught Tess in a lie; in her book she claims she loves to make pizza dough, but last season when she was being shown the pizza parlor by Juicy she said that she had never done so.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale52 View Post
    with his sister. The competition between the two women begins.>>>

The beginning of bad feelings between the two Joes started long before cameras rolled on The NJ HW. Little Joe used to be engaged to Juicy's sister but cheated on her so they never married. I am sure that did not endear Little Joe to Juicy.
    oooooo that is juicy!

And very revelatory.

+ Reply to Thread