+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Kathy's husband isn't Italian, he's Armenian. She joked in the first episode that her family looked at him and just assumed he was Italian.
    Trust Me!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jory'smom
    I don't know, three episodes in and this season is feeling really contrived to me. They are trying too hard. That 'meeting' with Caroline and Kathy was silly, and obviously put together by Bravo.
    Exactly right! It just didn't ring "true" in any way. Kathy had no reason to either make an appointment with, or apologize to Caroline. Kathy doesn't even really know Caroline - certainly not well enough to drop by her home for a tete-a-tete.

If anything, Caroline owes her Brownstone "guests," including Kathy, an apology for her rude, domineering, off-the-wall, and un-hostlike behavior toward them!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

i totally agree with you, i find melissa revolting to sasy the least.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I've watched this season of NJ (so far) twice now, and I absolutely can't stand Melissa. She strikes me as a master manipulator, and I'd bet my last dollar that her jealousy over Teresa's relationship with Joe (the brother, Melissa's husband) really got her in high gear - she's clearly got Joe wrapped around her little finger (given how much of a mental giant Joe is, that should've taken all of five minutes).

Melissa's behavior before the fashion show (in the boutique) made me queasy, and it got even worse during the fashion show. She's a completely spoiled, manipulative, narcissistic phony....and I never thought I'd say this, but it makes me feel really sorry for Teresa for having to put up with her.

Melissa, I think, is Teresa's karmic punishment. I'd say Teresa's been punished enough after after watching her sister-in-law in action, and it has to be sheer love of parents and her brother to not flip Melissa instead of a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    Yeah Teresa...I also just hate when I buy a cookbook and there's lots of "ingredientses" in the recipes...it's just soooo confusing...especially when the "ingredientses" calls for comon aka "cumin"....lol

I sure hope she has someone either writing her cookbook or proof-reading it!
    I loved the carefully understated eye-rolls from the two women sitting at the table when Tess tried, without success, to speak English. Tess is dumb, dumb, dumb.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Kathy's husband isn't Italian, he's Armenian. She joked in the first episode that her family looked at him and just assumed he was Italian.
    I wouldn't be surprised if I mis-heard, but I thought they said he was Lebanese. I know some people of Lebanese descent, and I do see cultural resemblances.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Lebanese, yes (like the late Danny Thomas). Kathy's father gets them mixed up all the time.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Both Joes were responsible for the fighting. MJoe was tired of how his sister acts around cameras and exploded. Remember she said in Season 1 that both her father and her brother had flipped tables, but she hadn't until then.

TJoe actually started the physical stuff when he went for MJoe, and I agree with Melissa that in a crowd full of men that's just unleashing a huge mess of trouble. Melissa was sitting there telling her husband to stop over and over again.

I don't think it's so much Melissa as her husband and sisters who are mouthy in public. I notice Melissa doesn't have any problem sharing camera time with her family, unlike Teresa who laid down the law to her relatives at all of her events. I think that we can pretty much believe Melissa's claim since there is little to no footage of them pre this season.

Teresa will never understand how she is at fault, because "she never is." Even Caroline and Jacqueline tried to help with this, and she refuses to open her mind and climb out of that tunnel she's holed up in.

When it comes down to it, I do not believe anything out of Teresa's mouth because of her track record. I have yet to hear of Melissa not paying her bills or MJoe breaking the law (over and over).

As far as her book, anyone can have recipes handed down to them, but that doesn't mean she's ever cooked any of them. I don't believe for a minute she has gone near one of those recipes in her life (unless she's standing by her mom while mom cooks.)

I am not "Team Melissa", as she annoys me with some of her interviews ... however, I am definitely not willing to forget Teresa's character that was outed for all to see.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think Teresa and Melissa are "psychic twins." They are both pushy, domineering, self-important, narcissistic, gossipy, vain, instigating women who never think they are wrong about anything ever. They frustrate each other because neither will submit to the other's bullying behavior. No wonder they cannot get along.
    I think that's why Joe Gorga loves them both. They are two peas in a pod.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=mom2;4305809]I think it boils down to this:

Teresa and brother Joe were raised to believe their stuff don't stink, and they were raised to be very close. (I don't mean over the line, either)

Brother Joe and Husband Joe were bffs because their families were immigrants from the same region of Italy, they are about the same age, etc.

Husband Joe married Teresa, and the closeness between brother and sister continued.

Brother Joe met and married Melissa, the youngest sister who was used to being treated special by her family. She was not about to share Joe equally with his sister. The competition between the two women begins.>>>

The beginning of bad feelings between the two Joes started long before cameras rolled on The NJ HW. Little Joe used to be engaged to Juicy's sister but cheated on her so they never married. I am sure that did not endear Little Joe to Juicy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I think it boils down to this:

Teresa and brother Joe were raised to believe their stuff don't stink, and they were raised to be very close. (I don't mean over the line, either)

Brother Joe and Husband Joe were bffs because their families were immigrants from the same region of Italy, they are about the same age, etc.

Husband Joe married Teresa, and the closeness between brother and sister continued.

Brother Joe met and married Melissa, the youngest sister who was used to being treated special by her family. She was not about to share Joe equally with his sister. The competition between the two women begins.

Rather good summation - very succinct and no doubt handy for latecomers. Hat's off to you!

+ Reply to Thread