+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2702Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by prism
    Even though Teresa looks like a man much of the time, she is handsome in a big, swarthy, strange way (except for her missing forehead)-- and it just kills Melissa.
    Personally, I think they are equally homely and fake looking. I would say, too, that Teresa looks like a transvestite - but that would be an insult to transvestites. I sincerely doubt that Melissa feels that she's the runner up, if there is a beauty contest going on.

The admirable thing, imo, is that each of them seem to think that she is the hottest thing ever to wear shoes. It must be nice to feel that way about yourself.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by prism
    Even though Teresa looks like a man much of the time, she is handsome in a big, swarthy, strange way (except for her missing forehead)-- and it just kills Melissa.
    Personally, I think they are equally homely and fake looking. I would say, too, that Teresa looks like a transvestite - but that would be an insult to transvestites. I sincerely doubt that Melissa feels that she's the runner up, if there is a beauty contest going on.

On a more positive note, each of them seems to think that she is the hottest thing ever to wear shoes. It must be nice to feel that way about yourself.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Saw the show for the 1st time this season.
    I understand that Melissa is married to Teresa's brother.
    Can someone tell me who Kathy is?

Also, this is the only episode I've seen of this season - it showed the fashion show, halloween, etc. They keep referring to a christening. Was that in another episode?
    Teresa's brother looks just like her. I think Melissa is very unattractive, but she seems to have a very high opinion of herself.
    Jacqueline is not looking very well. Not sure if she's done too much plastic surgery or what, but she looks a heck of a lot older than a 40 year old should.

At the market today, I saw a magazine called InTouch. It had Teresa and her daughters on the cover and it said that Joe left them.
    What happened!!?????
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post

Also, this is the only episode I've seen of this season - it showed the fashion show, halloween, etc. They keep referring to a christening. Was that in another episode?
    Teresa's brother looks just like her. I think Melissa is very unattractive, but she seems to have a very high opinion of herself.
    Jacqueline is not looking very well. Not sure if she's done too much plastic surgery or what, but she looks a heck of a lot older than a 40 year old should.

At the market today, I saw a magazine called InTouch. It had Teresa and her daughters on the cover and it said that Joe left them.
    What happened!!?????
    Kathy is Teresa's cousin. You must have missed the first episode when the Christening brawl took place.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post

What happened!!?????
    Teresa claims the article in InTouch saying that Joe has left them is false.

If you don't see the christening episode on rerun, you can read tons of recaps on the net. One of the best was written by AngloAm posts on this thread: 4824 and 4873. The Gorgo family is one hot mess.

Joe2 , Teresa's brother is named Giuseppe too. They also named their youngest son Giuseppe, and I'm guessing was not to honor Uncle Joe "Giuseppe" Giudice.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't Teresa also claim that the reports of bankruptcy were false, too? As if she knows what's going on up under her roof! She is a lost ball in tall weeds.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it boils down to this:

Teresa and brother Joe were raised to believe their stuff don't stink, and they were raised to be very close. (I don't mean over the line, either)

Brother Joe and Husband Joe were bffs because their families were immigrants from the same region of Italy, they are about the same age, etc.

Husband Joe married Teresa, and the closeness between brother and sister continued.

Brother Joe met and married Melissa, the youngest sister who was used to being treated special by her family. She was not about to share Joe equally with his sister. The competition between the two women begins.

Teresa (in my opinion) loses in the looks dept, two of her kids take after her, she's going through financial hell, and rumors of infidelity are constantly flying around. She wins in the "I am on TV" category, and learns how to utilize camera time in the previous 2 seasons. She makes sure her family (except her parents) are barely shown in her segments because this is one way she wins. Evidently to the point where they were not allowed on the dance floor at Audriana's Christening. (And who knows how many other stupid rules Teresa came up with to keep them off the air.) That's why (again, my opinion) when Danielle referenced no hospital visit to see her newborn nephew, she went off the rails because she was not going to let them have any time at all. (DO NOT BRING UP MY FAMILY!)

Enter Melissa on Teresa's territory. Camera's rolling at the Christening but Teresa is almost a no show so there's little to no video of her to air. Teresa swings by to pick up the rest of her family to ensure camera time. She sees the Gorgas with cameras there, so she strolls over to be sure to have the "congratulations" on film. By this time, the Gorgas have had enough of her camera hog ways, and after being cut out from certain family events were not about to let her get away with anything.

Pour a gallon of alcohol into Brother Joe, and he's ready to call Teresa on her two-faced ways. Also, I do believe Husband Joe is rather lazy, and whispers into dad-in-law's ear about how he's a family man but Son Joe is never there. All this contributed to Brother Joe's rant and the ensuing fight.

Kathy who is a cousin to Teresa and Brother Joe, remembers Teresa dissing her (Family Sucks) and choosing Caroline and Jacqueline instead. Teresa also sealed the relationship by having Dina be Godmother to Audriana.

Now we know that everyone seems to hang with Melissa and Kathy, and Teresa is on the outside looking in. I'm ready to see how that plays out.

Teresa and Joe Guidice: PAY YOUR BILLS! RESPECT AND FOLLOW THE LAW! No one but you thinks you're special. GET OVER YOURSELVES. We have.

Melissa and Joe Gorda: You have a chance to not come off looking as bad as your in laws. Get over yourselves because no one thinks you're as hot as you think.

Kathy: Points for safe guarding the children, glad that was caught on tape. Don't be a mediator, they never come out looking good.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Mom2, that's an excellent summary of the saga of the Joe's

One simply must watch the Christening episode - it sets the tone for the entire season!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Bravo has the complete first episode on their website if you missed it.

Great post Mom2!

Melissa and her family don't want Joe to make up with his sister. When you hear terms like "Listen to your sister, your REAL sister" from the sister in law and something very similar from the brother in law it's very telling.They hate the fact that T has her RH "family" to support her and the wedge between the siblings is not enough for them. They want her to have nobody that she can turn to. Then for her to let that aged barnacle Kim G connect herself to her ship says all I need to hear- the enemy of her enemy is her friend. Then the way Melissa tried to schmooze with The Godmother Manzo was probably to get in good with her and drive T crazy. Sure T and her "CAROLINE" screeching was obnoxious, but Melissa is not beyond trying to drive a wedge in between anything T values. I can see that a mile away. If she tries to play peacemaker now it's only because the camera is rolling and she can later claim to her husband how instrumental her love and support was in bringing their family together again (of course leaving out any role she may have had in tearing them apart).

Add to the fact that T&J's parents seem to firmly support their daughter drives Mellisa crazy. During the fashion show Melissa couldn't wait to run over to the in laws to rub elbows when they were likely mainly there in support of their daughter. Then when the dad starts yelling at Kathy that "that's your cousin" makes me believe they may not be too fond of their daughter in law and that may be where the real divide began. Not with Joe Guidice, but with Melissa. Just as Melissa said T could have waited until the cameras were off to talk to brother Joe at the Christening the same could be said for Melissa and her in laws. She could have spoken to them later. If they wanted her they could have found her and said hello. Didn't seem to be at the top of their list of priorities.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread