+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2663Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    Has there really been enough camera time to decide what kind of girl Gia is...

...wait a moment. I feel wrong going on about Gia as a person. Sorry. And why bother when her mummy, auntie, daddy and uncle are such good fun to watch?
    I am being honest here, I am ok with Gia. She has more brains at 9 that most of her family does. Her parents do adore her which is great but that child should never have been put in to the situation that Teresa put her in. It was pointless to go up to your brother's table to congratulate him AGAIN especially knowing her brother's temper & resentment.

Teresa needed to think about her children before going to mug for extra camera time. She really wanted to talk to her brother then she should have without a BRAVO camera crew.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I do really think that little kids should be off limits in terms of our criticism. Yes, they put their kids on camera. Shame on them for that. And, yes, Teresa's kids seem to be shrill and annoying.

But... they are little kids! We can't form much of an opinion, anyway, given how little we see of them. All I can say is that at age 9, Gia's still in the making. As in, not done yet. Give her a break.

The fact that she has to deal with drunken, brawling parents on camera (and maybe off camera) is enough for me to afford her a great deal of sympathy.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I've watched this season of NJ (so far) twice now, and I absolutely can't stand Melissa. She strikes me as a master manipulator, and I'd bet my last dollar that her jealousy over Teresa's relationship with Joe (the brother, Melissa's husband) really got her in high gear - she's clearly got Joe wrapped around her little finger (given how much of a mental giant Joe is, that should've taken all of five minutes).

Melissa's behavior before the fashion show (in the boutique) made me queasy, and it got even worse during the fashion show. She's a completely spoiled, manipulative, narcissistic phony....and I never thought I'd say this, but it makes me feel really sorry for Teresa for having to put up with her.

Melissa, I think, is Teresa's karmic punishment. I'd say Teresa's been punished enough after after watching her sister-in-law in action, and it has to be sheer love of parents and her brother to not flip Melissa instead of a table.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think Teresa and Melissa are "psychic twins." They are both pushy, domineering, self-important, narcissistic, gossipy, vain, instigating women who never think they are wrong about anything ever. They frustrate each other because neither will submit to the other's bullying behavior. No wonder they cannot get along.

Come to think of it, Caroline Manzo seems a lot like that, too. I expect she and Teresa will be in each other's face at some point this season.

Can't wait.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think Teresa and Melissa are "psychic twins." They are both pushy, domineering, self-important, narcissistic, gossipy, vain, instigating women who never think they are wrong about anything ever. They frustrate each other because neither will submit to the other's bullying behavior. No wonder they cannot get along.

Come to think of it, Caroline Manzo seems a lot like that, too. I expect she and Teresa will be in each other's face at some point this season.

Can't wait.
    Just realized this probably describes MOST of the Housewives ... now I'm sitting here trying to think of who is not like that, and I'm having trouble.

Who I'd say only meets half of that critera:
    Caroline and Jacqueline (NJ)
    KooKoo Kelly and maybe Alex (NY)
    Jeana and Lynne (OC)
    Kim Richards, poor thing (BH)

Is that close?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Exactly right!! They are the same person, still vying for the love and attention of Joe Gorga. We don't need Freud to show us why Joe married Melissa.

Kim G doesn't really bother me because she makes such a fool of herself without any help from anyone else. All you can do is laugh at her, as she portrays herself to be some young attractive woman.

I'm still confused about Joe Gorga's interactions with/and about his father at the reception. At first I thought he was angry because it was upsetting his very old and frail father but that doesn't seem to be the case. But then I gave up trying to understand overly emotional Italian family members long ago! Never could relate to the intantaneous change from cursing to kissing, from hating to loving that transpires during large family get-togethers.

I firmly believe that Joe Gorga suffers from Napolean syndrome...aka...short man's syndrome. The need to try and act big and tough in order to make up for his height...along with the overdone body building he has done. He's soooo gross!!!

FORT Fogey

What overdone bodybuilding? Looks good to me.

Anyway, I think that you're all right but the [I]intense[I] sibling rivalry between Lumpy and Tess is either fire or fuel to Melissa's essentially hypercompetitive nature.

Can't wait.
    I think part of Melissa's aggressiveness is because she is so ugly--- she has everything done up to what she thinks is fabulous exaggerated levels- she pushes the limits on clothing, her home and furnishings, the fakey christening party, screaming and yelling, manipulating her husband, fights; everything she does is exaggerated. She wants to come off as being something so very special. Maybe if she got the standard surgery face she'd calm down a little and accept herself w/out having to go to extremes in every possible way. Even though Teresa looks like a man much of the time, she is handsome in a big, swarthy, strange way (except for her missing forehead)-- and it just kills Melissa.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think we can blame Gia for the way that she has been raised. Children learn what they live, and are allowed to do. They are always watching YOU, believe that, and learning as they go. Whereas we may find some children unpleasant, it is usually easily traced back to the family....unless there is a bizarre history of mental illness, which I don't think is at all Gia's issue. Her family has been "writing on the slate of who she is" for her entire life, so her persona is no surprise. If anything, I feel sorry for her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread