+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And one thing that really irritated me . . .

Is it just me, or did anybody else feel that most of the ladies at the christening were dressed inappropriately to be attending a christening? Call me a Puritan or a prude if you will, but JMHO, if you want to run the streets looking like a 10-cent hooker OUTSIDE of a church/formal church function, hey, knock yourself out. However, to roll up in a church, for a christening, dressed as though you were going out clubbing (if not hooking) rather than coming to celebrate a religious event in a religious setting . . .

Sorry, but speaking strictly for myself, that dog just don't hunt.

I think the outfits they chose to wear showed a total lack of respect for themselves, the solemnity and importance of the occasion, and most of all, for the church.

JMHO.

for me, I was much more appalled at the men's behavior than the women's attire. Why is a christening an occasion to throw back shots ?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It's hard to show off your orange spray tan without baring miles of cleavage and leg, ness. And it is North Jersey. Land of badly fitting, too tight, garish church dresses.

No offense to Jerseyites.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    AngloAm, Can we make you an offer you can't refuse?
    Actually I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea what happened during the brawl. Tess (for no good reason) makes the long trek from where Juicy (seemingly all over with his tummy worries, and by the way, thank you so much, Tess, for filling us in how bowel complaints affect you too...lovely of you to be so considerate) and she were sitting to go say a needless repetitive congrats to Lumpy Joe and his shewish wife.

Of course, this had to have been egged on by Bravo. In any event, Lumpy and Tess "get into it" with Lumpy telling Tess to jump off a cliff, basically. In front of one of Tess's children he called her garbage. Class move, lumpy.

Cue to Lysterine Lysa, Shrew's sister, to call Tess's presence a 'technicality' (because you see, old Lyssie was asked, right, she wasn't sticking her two inflammatory cents in where they weren't needed, was she?). That caused (required? compelled?) Tess to start shrieking at Lyssie. So elegant, so demure.

Juicy, who'd been witnessing all of this with his usual blank and bemused stare, suddenly takes a running lunge at Lumpy who it seems really hates Juicy.

Then it gets confusing as everyone either hits somebody else, or stands around pretending to be horrified (but actually a-twitter with glee). At some point some fine representative of the Loud and Uncouth Religious community stands up and announces that this is a "Kid's Christenin' fer chrissakes." Ah, the gentle words of piety. Which fell on deaf and/or cauliflower ears.

Kathy to her credit swoops up Tess's little ones, who were abandoned in the melee, and takes them to safety. Things get ultraviolent fast and a shadowy interloper who may or may not have been armed is wrestled, with some difficulty, to the floor. Tess wanders about asking for her ma! and pa!

Now is old Giacinto tough or an invalid. Everyone's acting like he's frail but I wonder how much of this discord should be laid at his door...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Scenes: Lumpy shrieking in a very horrible way that (a) Tess and Juicy sono animali (are animals) and that Lumpy "ha la stessa carattere come (il suo papa)" - is just like his dad. (Sapevo che le classe d'italiano mi serebbero utili-I knew the Italian classes would come in handy for me.)

So why does Giacinto have to lecture Lumpy on respect for his mother? (100 mothers, only one mama.) Why does he taunt poor little Lumpy after all this emotional outburst? Why is Mamma Gorgonzola "so cold, so cold" to poor little Lumpy?

Clearly there is more there thanwhat Shrew would like us to believe; I think that Joe's jealous of the ten grand a month, of the fame and glamor and cringe-worthy trips to 'da old country' cortesia of Bravo, but I also think that all that is just the icing on the cake of resentment Lumpy's been baking since childhood, the same cake so many brothers of sisters bake when they see that the girl is always the apple of the parent's eye.

These old family hurts run deep and they run strong and they are poison.

Whaddevah. It's sad, but what's really sad is that they've chosen, they seemingly delight in, washing all these issues out on TV with their children, drunkenly, at sacramental celebrations.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I just watched this again on Hulu. My husband doesn't want to watch it again tonight on Bravo.

I have to say it looks like Joe Giudice precipitated the brawl. Roid rage, I guess. That said, Joe Gorga was drunk, abusive, and ugly - even to his poor Dad! He needs help. He reminds me of someone.....

Oh yeah! Teresa!
    I lay the blame on Bravo, Tess, Lumpy Joe Gorga, Lysterine Lysa, and Juicy Joe Giudice, in that order.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    YEP! Pefect fit for Ashley.

Reversal of Fortune
    Lessee, Lizzie ran into and injured people in a fit of rage.

Ashley pulled Danielle's hair and injured her (very lightly) in a fit of rage.

Yes, Ashley probably is a carbon copy of Lizzie at that age.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Ashle She only wants her parents to co-sign for an apt, not pay for it.
    I think with Ashley, the two are one and the same.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I think with Ashley, the two are one and the same.
    I agree. She's one of those kind that if you give her an inch, she'll take a mile. Hopefully, though it's a tad late in the game, her folks are finally on to her enormous sense of entitlement.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FINALLY catching up with my Housewives - I've had New Jersey on probation, but I have to admit I'm liking this new blood. And from the looks of things, we might get to see some of it spilled this season.

New Jersey's off probation
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

If I recall correctly, Teresa's parents reside with her. And they give her $120K annually. And Joe and Melissa Gorga are infrequent guests at her house, at most. Not welcome on a regular or unannounced "family" kind of basis.

I guess I can understand why Joe Gorga feels that his father "favors" Joe Giudice over him; but, if he really thinks that what he what he repeatedly said is true (the implication that Juicy is somehow brainwashing Dad) - that's bewildering to me. Pathological, even. Not to mention pathetically sad.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Rewatching last episode of NJ...Joe didn't "charge" Theresa's brother. Nope, but her brother WAS drunk, loud, and a loose cannon. Actually, Theresa's husband seemed calm, while her brother was completely out of control. groan

Theresa's drunk brother

It does, however, make for good entertainment!

Pass the popcorn!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread