+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    ?

Was Ashley in kindergarten or at a job? If I was her boss I would fire her for being a whinny baby in the office not go coddle her! Is this the same Lizzie Grubman that plowed down people in her SUV one summer in the Hamptons?
    YEP! Pefect fit for Ashley.

Reversal of Fortune

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got the impression that Ashley's job is unpaid. How do you work for a firm that probably pulls in big bucks and end up as a volunteer? Ashley should go off to college and get some "grow up" lessons....but I doubt that she'd ever make it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Many internships are unpaid. you are supposed to be working for the experience at that point, not the money. But most intrnships are in the 3rd or 4th year of college. Ashley doesn't exactly strike me as college material

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I got the impression that Ashley's job is unpaid. How do you work for a firm that probably pulls in big bucks and end up as a volunteer? Ashley should go off to college and get some "grow up" lessons....but I doubt that she'd ever make it.
    Unpaid internships are very common in that field. They're legal, because the firms hiring the interns verify that they are getting college credit for the work they are doing, and that is the "pay" they are getting. So Ashley is most likely going to college, and getting the experience at one of the top PR firms in teh country, and the opportuntity to make contacts there. Taking advanted of those opportunites helps people advance in the industry. Squandering those opportunties, like Ashley is, sinks you.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree, but you just never know who can turn a corner in college that you never thought they would. And I don't think they referred to her job as an internship. I'll have to watch again, but I'm pretty sure they said "volunteer". Interns are usually much sharper, and proud of it, than she is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think it's highly unlikey that Ashley is doing a college internship for credit. I think she's doing a "Bravo" internship, unpaid, for Lizzie Grubman. Bravo and Grubman have ties. I'm just waiting to hear that Grubman is getting her own show.

Also, many college internships are paying, temporary jobs. They do not pay much, but they pay. And whether paid or unpaid, you have to show up when scheduled to work. Nothing about Ashley's "internship" sounds real to me.

I also remember her announcing last year on Twitter that her dad "got" her an internship in Manhattan and that she wasn't enrolled in college.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I think it's highly unlikey that Ashley is doing a college internship for credit. I think she's doing a "Bravo" internship, unpaid, for Lizzie Grubman. Bravo and Grubman have ties. I'm just waiting to hear that Grubman is getting her own show.

Also, many college internships are paying, temporary jobs. They do not pay much, but they pay. And whether paid or unpaid, you have to show up when scheduled to work. Nothing about Ashley's "internship" sounds real to me.

I also remember her announcing last year on Twitter that her dad "got" her an internship in Manhattan and that she wasn't enrolled in college.
    Yo Poppy -- wouldn't think that non-college internships (using the term as we know it) would be legal --i.e., minimum wage, slavery.....I recall she wanted to learn the business and that Lizzie (Borden) Grubman is a friend of someone on Bravo, but I would think there would have to be some sort of compensation -- unless there's some sort of Bravo loophole.

Internships very, very comon in law field, broadcasting, movie industry, but ya' gotta' be going to college to get credits - no pay, but definitely helps to get your foot in the door.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Poor Little Gia- How many drunken family brawls has she seen in her short little life?

Was Ashley in kindergarten or at a job? If I was her boss I would fire her for being a whinny baby in the office not go coddle her! Is this the same Lizzie Grubman that plowed down people in her SUV one summer in the Hamptons?
    NO PARENT goes to their kid's place of "employment." I HATE how everyone on Bravo is intertwined -- one big happy family.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Kiz

Ashley's position with Lizzie is an unpaid internship that her cousin Albie helped her get through a connection he had. She said that there were several unpaid interns, and that some had been there a long time without getting a permanent paying job. She's supposed to be there every other day, but she sometimes has problems getting a ride to the train station from her house, since she no longer has a car. She gets some money from RHoNJ and other jobs that she has done. From that money she would pay for her apartment. She only wants her parents to co-sign for an apt, not pay for it. She made no reference to attending college, and I'm pretty sure that she not since she wants to move into NYC, intern for Lizzie, and find a job.

Kill me now..lol...but I got this info from her Facebook page.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

If's she's an intern or whatever, then I think it makes her behavior worse.Lizzie Grubman must have some connection to them via the family or Bravo, b/c there's no way in heck a normal buisness person would act that way towards an intern or allow someone that childish to work for them. Rewatching that scene I just wanted to slap all of them.

+ Reply to Thread