+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

It never seems to end. Still not going to follow the next season. Nasty people. If I can get past Jill Zarin, might be able to tolerate the NY bunch.

Joe Giudice Charged With Possessing Fraudulent ID - Montville, NJ Patch
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    And they called bug-eyed Danielle 'trashy' and 'low class.' Just sayin' is all.
    After reading the article canuck linked, I thought this was a good time to repeat AngloAm's post.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Tess either belongs to the school of thought that advocates a 'good' offense - hit 'em hard and first and fast - or she's really the most totally un-self-aware person to have walked the pikes and paths and back streets of Patterson.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    It never seems to end. Still not going to follow the next season. Nasty people. If I can get past Jill Zarin, might be able to tolerate the NY bunch.

Joe Giudice Charged With Possessing Fraudulent ID - Montville, NJ Patch
    I'd like to say that nothing they could ever do would surprise me but I find myself continually surprised/shocked at each turn of events. Is there no end to their shenanigans?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Fraud seems to be a way of life for Joe Giudice. The Giudices filed bankruptcy on $11 Million in debt (with a stated annual income between them of only $79,000) after a judgment was entered against Joe, in a civil case wherein he forged a lender’s signature on a Satisfaction of Mortgage so that he could get another million in mortgages on that same property without paying it off first. Then the Giudices were accused of bankruptcy fraud when they repeatedly failed to list major assets and income as part of their bankruptcy.

Their Federal trial on bankruptcy fraud charges is scheduled for July. Joe's bail for this latest fraud charge is $50,000 with no 10% bail option. I wonder how Teresa plans to bail him out. Hopefully she'll accomplish this in time for their trial in July.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Their Federal trial on bankruptcy fraud charges is scheduled for July. Joe's bail for this latest fraud charge is $50,000 with no 10% bail option. I wonder how Teresa plans to bail him out. Hopefully she'll accomplish this in time for their trial in July.
    LOL..Poppy Fields.
    -------------------------------------
    tsk, tsk, Caroline and Albert. I give Caroline credit for being totally honest about one thing...They are 'thick as thieves'.

Gov Rips 'Housewives' Hubby

The show may be "Real," but his home, apparently, is not.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie yesterday suspended -- and demanded the resignation of -- the husband of one of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" from a water commission, saying he misled officials about his "real" residence.

Christie said Albert Manzo, whose wife, Caroline, is a star of the reality show, had claimed in 2008 -- when he was nominated to serve on the North Jersey Water District Supply Commission -- that he lived in the Brownstone restaurant in Paterson, which he co-owns.

In reality, Christie said, Manzo lives with his wife in Franklin Lakes, in a home featured in episodes of the Bravo reality show. Manzo maintains the Brownstone is his legal residence and he won't resign.
    Gov. Christie suspended "Real Housewives of New Jersey" hubby from water commission - NYPOST.com
    -----------------------------------------
    NJ Governor Christie Attacks, Suspends 'Real Housewives' Husband Albert Manzo

{snip}Christie this week suspended Albert Manzo, the husband of Caroline Manzo, from the North Jersey District Water Supply Commission, saying he and another commissioner abused the public's trust.

The governor criticized Manzo for not revealing that he lived in Franklin Lakes instead of Paterson. Manzo's posh Franklin Lakes home is often shown on the reality series.

He also owns The Brownstone restaurant in urban Paterson, which hosts weddings and special events, and lists that as his official address – something Christie on Thursday called absurd.

"Do you really believe he's sleeping on a cot at the Brownstone in Paterson?" Christie asked.

Manzo told The Record newspaper he has an apartment in his Paterson restaurant and plans to fight to keep his job.{snip}
    NJ Governor Christie Attacks, Suspends 'Real Housewives' Husband Albert Manzo
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'd like to say that nothing they could ever do would surprise me but I find myself continually surprised/shocked at each turn of events. Is there no end to their shenanigans?
    ITA. I despised these people from day one (EXCEPT Danielle - go figure) - Teresa and Caroline particularly. Made decision long ago I had no desire to contribute to their "celebrity-ness."

Not to mention the coziness of all the Bravo TV shows' cast members on other projects. Turned me off completely. Don't EVEN get me started on Andy Cohen.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

What bothered me about Boss Queen and Tess the Princess was their smugness and tendency to be very judgmental. I didn't despise them exactly but found them very distasteful. Over time, I found myself sympathising with Danielle as the underdog even if she had some odd habits; for all that she seems to have been a very good mum. I felt Boss Queen was jumped up trash and Tess wasn't even jumped up, just trash with a fat wallet. Don't get me wrong, it's not that they are Italian-Americans; I never got the trashy vibe from Dina, for example. But Boss Queen was mean, plain mean, fancy mean, and every kind of mean in between. I could see her taking out a hit on somebody. And playing fast and loose (at least) with the law and right and wrong. Tess and Juicy Joe meanwhile were appalling - every cheap two-bit stereotype of Guidos and Guidettes, in their empty marble "Alitalia hangar." It was all for show and all badly done; the house was grotesque, they couldn't afford to furnish it, and now they seem to have defrauded everyone in sight and couldn't tell the truth if guns were held to their empty greedy heads. Bah.

I did catch Tess out in a lie - in her book she says she loved to make pizza dough from an old family recipe; on the show where she's touring their 'restaurant' she shrieks that she'd never made pizza in her life.

I hope Juicy Joe goes to Juicy Jail. He doesn't seem contrite in the least - he's contemptuous more like - remember how he swore he wasn't drunk when he ploughed into the tree(s) but afterwards stopped and had a belt of whisky or two, yeah, that's the ticket, yeroner, honest ta Gawd, I was stone cold sober, I was coming home from volunteerin' at the nursin' home, only see after I hit the tree I had a half a bottle or so of the scotch just to you know calm my nerves. Ya know, like people do. Before they call the poleece. Their contempt for everyone else is evident in their borrowing without a plan to pay back.

Meanwhile what did Danielle actually do to any of them? She invited them to her home for a make-over and they insulted her. She tried to be friends with Tess and Jacqueline and they broke that up tout de suite, she had a past. An unsavoury past, to be sure, but what did she actually do to any of them? There was 'something' so terrible that Caroline put on a real performance at the reunion (staged? definitely) about, but that she couldn't name. My theory is that whatever it was it was something that their family's own disregard for the law brought on themselves. Just like the comment that set Tess off at the second reunion, and showed the molten core of her instability, it was something that Danielle knew but wouldn't keep shtum about.

Meanwhile they certainly didn't hold their tongues about her, did they? Oh, dearie me no. They whispered about her, they berated her, they gossiped about her, they called her names, they pretended to be her friends, and they introduced her to the evil slime Kim G. They acted despicably at every turn.

I know, I know, I'm ranting.

FORT Fogey

What bothered me about Boss Queen and Tess the Princess was their smugness and tendency to be very judgmental. I didn't despise them exactly but found them very distasteful. Over time, I found myself sympathising with Danielle as the underdog even if she had some odd habits; for all that she seems to have been a very good mum. I felt Boss Queen was jumped up trash and Tess wasn't even jumped up, just trash with a fat wallet. Don't get me wrong, it's not that they are Italian-Americans; I never got the trashy vibe from Dina, for example. But Boss Queen was mean, plain mean, fancy mean, and every kind of mean in between. I could see her taking out a hit on somebody. And playing fast and loose (at least) with the law and right and wrong. Tess and Juicy Joe meanwhile were appalling - every cheap two-bit stereotype of Guidos and Guidettes, in their empty marble "Alitalia hangar." It was all for show and all badly done; the house was grotesque, they couldn't afford to furnish it, and now they seem to have defrauded everyone in sight and couldn't tell the truth if guns were held to their empty greedy heads. Bah.

I did catch Tess out in a lie - in her book she says she loved to make pizza dough from an old family recipe; on the show where she's touring their 'restaurant' she shrieks that she'd never made pizza in her life.

I hope Juicy Joe goes to Juicy Jail. He doesn't seem contrite in the least - he's contemptuous more like - remember how he swore he wasn't drunk when he ploughed into the tree(s) but afterwards stopped and had a belt of whisky or two, yeah, that's the ticket, yeroner, honest ta Gawd, I was stone cold sober, I was coming home from volunteerin' at the nursin' home, only see after I hit the tree I had a half a bottle or so of the scotch just to you know calm my nerves. Ya know, like people do. Before they call the poleece. Their contempt for everyone else is evident in their borrowing without a plan to pay back.

Meanwhile what did Danielle actually do to any of them? She invited them to her home for a make-over and they insulted her. She tried to be friends with Tess and Jacqueline and they broke that up tout de suite, she had a past. An unsavoury past, to be sure, but what did she actually do to any of them? There was 'something' so terrible that Caroline put on a real performance at the reunion (staged? definitely) about, but that she couldn't name. My theory is that whatever it was it was something that their family's own disregard for the law brought on themselves. Just like the comment that set Tess off at the second reunion, and showed the molten core of her instability, it was something that Danielle knew but wouldn't keep shtum about.

Meanwhile they certainly didn't hold their tongues about her, did they? Oh, dearie me no. They whispered about her, they berated her, they gossiped about her, they called her names, they pretended to be her friends, and they introduced her to the evil slime Kim G. They acted despicably at every turn.

I know, I know, I'm ranting.

AngloAm, you may be ranting but you do it so well. I'm always glad to read your posts. You have an amazing understanding of them.
    I never felt the sympathy you did for Danielle. She's trash. So are Caroline and Theresa except Danielle is not very smart. Caroline and Teresa (with Caroline's tutelage) are much better at it than Danielle and that why it always backfires on Danielle.
    Caroline was born to be The Godfather but unfortunately she was born a girl and the Italians are far too traditional to let a woman tell them what to do. (Since I'm 100% Italian, it's ok for me to trash them). She has everything it takes to be a good Godfather: the intelligence, the confidence, the passion, the greed, familial respect and the uncanny brilliance to do evil and no remorse.
    But, alas, she's a female. So she must exert all her efforts to where she can pervail: as a helpmate to her husband, expanding their kingdom and influence, and couseling the other wives in proper behavior.

She, like Juicy, have no conscience and are not at all troubled by evil acts.

While Caroline orchestrates life all around her, she needed to find someone they could all concentrate on as The Bad Guy. With all the attention on Danielle's evildoings, who's going to pay attention to them and what they're up to.

I now realize I miss these degenerates!

+ Reply to Thread