+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Poppy,

You appear to be the resident expert on Bankruptcy.

Can you tell me how Chapter 11 differs from Chapter 7?
    Is it just that in Chapter 7 one can discharge all their debts?
    Many thanks in advance!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm definitely not a bankruptcy law expert. The 2005 Bankruptcy Code made it harder to qualify for Chapter 7 liquidation/relief. There is now a "Means Test" for Chapter 7 elibility. It's a 4-level test. If you don't "flunk" part 1, you are eligible. You proceed through each level until you "pass" one. If you don't pass any of them, you can still file but your Trustee will have a duty to either get your petition dismissed or force you to file for Chapter 11 or 13 (where you will have to pay your creditors). It's pretty obvious that the Giudices could not have qualified for Chapter 7 without lying.

There are 5 types of bankruptcy cases, and only one of them (Chapter 7) is a straight liquidation with a discharge of debts. The others are "reorganization" processes.

There's a good, simple explanation of the various types of bankruptcy here:

What Is The Difference Between Chapter 7, Chapter 9, Chapter 11, Chapter 12 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4155693;
    Poppy,

You appear to be the resident expert on Bankruptcy.

Can you tell me how Chapter 11 differs from Chapter 7?
    Is it just that in Chapter 7 one can discharge all their debts?
    Many thanks in advance!
    I am pretty sure that Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 are for individuals, while Chapter 11 is for corporations

Thanks, Poppy and Rockytop, for weighing in.
    I am owed some money by someone who went into Chapter 11, so I was trying to figure out my chances of ever getting back the money.
    He had a business and was told he also had to declare personal bankruptcy - so he wouldn't lose his house, too.
    From what I can glean, all that was filed was Chapter 11, so I'm wondering if I might still get repaid on this?
    THanks

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4157124;
    I am owed some money by someone who went into Chapter 11, so I was trying to figure out my chances of ever getting back the money.
    He had a business and was told he also had to declare personal bankruptcy - so he wouldn't lose his house, too.
    From what I can glean, all that was filed was Chapter 11, so I'm wondering if I might still get repaid on this?
    THanks
    Maybe! I'll PM you.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4157309;
    Maybe! I'll PM you.
    Thanks, Poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4157124;
    THanks
    Depends on what's left, if anything. But make sure you file a Proof of Claim with the Court. Also note that there's a last day (bar date) within which to do so.

Good luck.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

Just wanted to remind you fans about the upcoming event at THE BROWNSTONE that's open to everyone! Seats are really starting to fill up, so don't miss your chance. When we went to book the event, we got to meet both Albert and Caroline - what gracious people they were. We're sure the event will be a lot of fun and who knows who might show up???!!!

Here's all the info;

From joke, to dare, to REALITY

BostonAreaScrapFanatics brings you one of the most unique and exciting scrapping adventures of our time!

March 12 & 13, 2011!
    A weekend-long scrapbooking event centered around those ‘fab-u-lous’ Real Housewives of New Jersey and our passion for scrapbooking.

You’ve seen it on the screen, now experience it in ‘reality.’ Our adventure begins with a day-long crop in the elegant ballroom of “The Brownstone.” And it continues for an additional 24 hours at the Totowa Holiday Inn, complete with late-night pizza from “Juicy Joes” pizzeria! (Joe & Theresa's place!)

That’s a total of 35 non-stop scrappin’ hours with food, games, prizes, make and takes, and on-site vendors. What’s so special about this? We’ve lined up Posche Boutique (Kim D's shop!) , The Chateau Salon (where the housewives get their hair and nails done!), and The Skinny Italian (Theresa's cookbook!) just for you.

If you're new to scrapbooking or never scrapped before, we'll have a beginners table just for you!

As Theresa would say - Who Does That??? Well, We Do!

For more information and registration details go to:
    bostonscrapfanatics.com and click on the Who Does That Crop at the top of the page.

Questions can be directed to: onlycarol1@comcast.net or SuperMishe@Yahoo.com.

Kiz

Classy as ever ... 'Real Houswewives of NJ' Stars Detained on Vacation | PopEater.com

Look how the tables have turned! Teresa Giudice, who famously flipped her lid (and a banquet table) on 'Real Housewives' co-star Danielle Staub in a heated argument about Staub's criminal past, is having some legal troubles of her own, thanks to her husband's participation in a bar fight.

RadarOnline.com reports that Teresa's husband, Joe, was detained by police in the Dominican Republic along with cast mate Caroline Manzo's sons, Albie and Christopher, and the boys' roommate, Gregory Bennett.

After his clan accidentally spilled champagne on fellow bar patrons, a confrontation began, during which Joe Giudice allegedly hit one customer with a glass and beat another. The two men on the receiving end of the beatdown received minor lacerations in addition to one man's arm being fractured and the other man receiving a fractured leg. Chris, Albie and Gregory were allegedly protecting the women in the bar from the fight when they were detained.

A police representative said of the incident, "Usually when there's a fight we take one guy, but this time we took everybody."

On vacation with Teresa, Joe and the Manzo boys were 'RHONJ' staples Caroline and Albert Manzo, the boys' parents; Caroline's brother, Chris; and his wife, Jacqueline Laurita.

While no charges were filed against the involved parties, who came to a verbal agreement, Radar sources say that Teresa and Joe Giudice remained in the Dominican Republic under supervision by their hotel for three days after the rest of their clan flew back to the Garden State.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Recipe for Dominican Republic Event:-
    - Mix a couple of volatile emotional Italians (I am one)
    - Add large quantities of alcohol and testosterone
    Stir well

Result: A typical bar fight.*

* If you don't have any emotional Italians, the same result can be still be
    produced.

+ Reply to Thread